You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

34 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I cringe when I hear it mostly because it's almost always out of place. I wont have it at my funeral either. Probably have 'You're a cunt' by The Macc Lads instead.

Haha it is a killer at a funeral though just when you think your composed, then fuck, head down keep together soft lad. 

I've been thinking about my one lately and I've got two in mind, well not when I'm toast they wont be. 

On 24/04/2020 at 18:35, Tony Moanero said:

In what sense?

Had a few of good seasons prior to injury, however, after that his pace went and his game was a fraction of what it was.

Similar story to Owen about what could have been if it wasnt for injury. Unlike Owen though, people speak of him as though those 3 seasons were his entire career.

When people were excited about him coming back, i couldnt wrap my head around it. He had been average for years.

People calling him God on the back of 3 good seasons baffles me.

14 minutes ago, John102 said:

Had a few of good seasons prior to injury, however, after that his pace went and his game was a fraction of what it was.

Similar story to Owen about what could have been if it wasnt for injury. Unlike Owen though, people speak of him as though those 3 seasons were his entire career.

When people were excited about him coming back, i couldnt wrap my head around it. He had been average for years.

People calling him God on the back of 3 good seasons baffles me.

I’ve never liked the God nickname. Nothing to do with him only being boss for about four seasons, I just think it’s daft and not something I’d refer to a footballer as. 

I loved Robbie as a player but do think some of our fans overrate him in a bit, albeit for a different reason. He was a very good player and a great, instinctive goal scorer but he isn’t quite up there with the greatest British strikers of all time.

For the record, I was made up when he returned. A no risk signing and it was great to see him score a few more goals in a Liverpool shirt.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Fowler had scored over 115 goals for the club by the age of 22, absolutely outrageous. Just try put that in the modern context.

I dont doubt he was a good young player. He just alongside players like Owen and Torres for me. No higher than that though.

On 23/04/2020 at 10:43, deiseach said:

I don't miss football. Not even a little bit. Where previously Saturdays and Sundays were a source of irritation, now they are the oases of calm that they are meant to be.  

I was talking to a mate of mine on Saturday night about this.

I don’t know if it’s because life isn’t normal and of things were normal but. Football was the only thing cancelled I’d feel different, but right now I haven’t missed it at all yet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I was talking to a mate of mine on Saturday night about this.

I don’t know if it’s because life isn’t normal and of things were normal but. Football was the only thing cancelled I’d feel different, but right now I haven’t missed it at all yet.

I'm missing it but its gut wrenching how close we are to the title that I try not to think about it too much. I was surprised how normal I felt not having footy on. Like them shit summers without any at all. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm missing it but its gut wrenching how close we are to the title that I try not to think about it too much. I was surprised how normal I felt not having footy on. Like them shit summers without any at all. 

That’s the thing though, I defo crave footy more in the summer than I am now, and that’s with other distractions like holidays, cricket, tennis and whatever going on.

now there’s none of those other things and yet I’m not missing it at all.

ill be glad when it’s back, I just expected to feel a void.

• 4 months later...
Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If brain of Britain Paul Ince can do it, anyone can. Watching a fat knacker like Higuain carve out a career in Serie A, I reckon Kane would do well there.

I reckon he would do fine in Serie A, but no-one is going to pay the £200m Spurs would want for him. His options are very limited. I reckon it's either stay at Spurs or wait for United to bid for him out of utter desperation in 12-24 months.

I don't actually think he's all that arsed. As long as he can take all the pens, freekicks, shoot 50 times a game, and end up the team's top scorer, he's fine. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I reckon he would do fine in Serie A, but no-one is going to pay the £200m Spurs would want for him. His options are very limited. I reckon it's either stay at Spurs or wait for United to bid for him out of utter desperation in 12-24 months.

I don't actually think he's all that arsed. As long as he can take all the pens, freekicks, shoot 50 times a game, and end up the team's top scorer, he's fine. 

I think he'll do a Van Persie, going to United when he's approaching 30, with a contract winding down and facing the realisation he may never win a major trophy.

He doesn't seem arsed now, but as he gets older it'll start to sting. 

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think he'll do a Van Persie, going to United when he's approaching 30, with a contract winding down and facing the realisation he may never win a major trophy.

He doesn't seem arsed now, but as he gets older it'll start to sting. 

Yeah, maybe. 

I don't think Son will hang around much longer. He's 28 so probably has one big move. He's easily good enough to play for either of the big two in Spain, or City, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...