You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

Maguire is a lot better than what they've got (not saying much I know) but no way is he worth £80M! But let's be real, £80M is a drop in the ocean for the mancs so it's worth them spending stupid money as long as it brings marginal improvement. 

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Maguire is a lot better than what they've got (not saying much I know) but no way is he worth £80M! But let's be real, £80M is a drop in the ocean for the mancs so it's worth them spending stupid money as long as it brings marginal improvement. 

Luckily,they need a lot more than marginal improvement.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Grinch said:

That's the money that's in the game these days.   Better it goes to the players than cunt owners with interest in $ signs only. 

There is so much money that bucket loads of cash go to both. The problem though is that about 90% of the clubs outside the PL run at a loss and can't get investment because who wants to run a business that cannot make a profit? The greedy bastards at the top are hoovering it all up while nothing but crumbs are left for the rest.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

What he is doing for charity is great and I have a lot of respect for it. 

That said. I've seen a few videos of Speedo Mick since he has started his run and read a lot of his tweets. I think he is actually a bit of a bellend. I've unfollowed him because it was just doing my head in. He posted a video about being charged an extra quid for toast on a breakfast he had been given for free. He had a point about companies always wanting a bit extra here and there out your pocket but the way he said it all was just bitter and horrible. Good luck to the fella and fair play for what he is doing but nah, as a person, not for me clive. 

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Michael Owen's career would have been much more interesting if he always played in the demented fashion he did at Old Trafford in 1998, where he kept lunging in with his studs up, scoring a fine goal in-between horrendous challenges.

He got sent of at 16 or 17 for head butting someone didn't he? Think it might have been for England boys ? He had 'absolute cunt' in him. Shame he didn't channel it in a better place. Could have been the Suarez before Suarez if he really wanted. 

Just to be completely entitled if i have an annoyance about our side it's our shooting! I've no idea what our ratios for chances taken to chances scored they could be great and it just feels like we are wasteful but it does feel like our shooting and striking of a ball through out the team is absolutely wank, from distance or close, Scuffed, skied pea rolled and its everybody. It feels like we shit the easy chances. Practice striking a ball a bit more than back heeling passes. Fortunately we create lots of chances. Could be we are clinical and its hard to be critical of this side so small things stand out.

Were still boss.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Liverpool would be top four contender types this season. Probably ahead of the curve rather than behind it, but it would still all be in the mixer with a couple of games to go and they'd certainly be nowhere near City. Standing still in the summer = going backwards in the winter. It's an iron law of football, right?

I knew that the chance of both us and City keeping up last season's form was minuscule, but I thought given the unprecendented strength of City's squad it was more likely to be us falling off to like an 80 point season.

Turns out their squad was a bit overrated and losing one defender for a bit turns them from a record points total side to a run of the mill top four side. Meanwhile, if anything, we've actually improved from last season.

Never been happier to be wrong.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I knew that the chance of both us and City keeping up last season's form was minuscule, but I thought given the unprecendented strength of City's squad it was more likely to be us falling off to like an 80 point season.

Turns out their squad was a bit overrated and losing one defender for a bit turns them from a record points total side to a run of the mill top four side. Meanwhile, if anything, we've actually improved from last season.

Never been happier to be wrong.

To be fair to City ,  it is hard to keep the desperation when you have won something 4 of the last 6 years.

Err amnesty opinion , I thought Collymore was great and we shouldn't have got rid.

I don't agree with people who keep saying this is the greatest Liverpool team ever, even though I'm loving it.  Paisley won 6 titles and 3 European cups how can his sides not be considered the greatest regardless of any other context it's what you win rather than the accumulation of points or certain records or even going invincible. 

I think the overall quality of the Prem is as weak as it’s been for a long time. Yeah, we are brilliant, City too bit the rest of the League is bollocks. A manc said this to me the other day and I argued with him and said he was talking shit and just trying to undermine our achievements so far. But I do actually agree with him. Not telling them cunts that though. 

6 hours ago, deiseach said:

I thought Liverpool would be top four contender types this season. Probably ahead of the curve rather than behind it, but it would still all be in the mixer with a couple of games to go and they'd certainly be nowhere near City. Standing still in the summer = going backwards in the winter. It's an iron law of football, right?

Well, you were right we are nowhere near City.

• Upvote 2