You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

They can’t. It’s an amnesty. And the CL’s more prestigious than the World Cup & the Brexit prem so there 

The European Cup/Champions League is the most prestigious competition in club football

and has been for decades and decades. I disagree that’s it more prestigious than the World Cup, though.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

The European Cup/Champions League is the most prestigious competition in club football

and has been for decades and decades. I disagree that’s it more prestigious than the World Cup, though.

All the best players in the world play in the CL Toe. A lot of them stay at home for the WC

14 hours ago, Red74 said:

I’d rather win the CL over the prem 

The order of the games matters. We wouldn't all be as euphoric - I don't think that is too strong a word to describe how I feel even two weeks on - at having won the league if the fresher memory was of the egotistical, slobbering goon (© Dave Usher) running around Madrid with what should have been Number Six.

Ronaldo has proved he is the best player in the world and is better than Messi.

He's done it in multiple leagues and has continuously stepped out of his comfort zone where as Messi has remained in the same league/club. 

Ronaldo has also done it at international level winning the European Championship.

Being an ex Manc it pains me to say this.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

He's done it in multiple leagues and has continuously stepped out of his comfort zone where as Messi has remained in the same league/club. 

Ronaldo has also done it at international level winning the European Championship.

Brave of you to admit to being an ex manc.

4 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Ronaldo will have had the greater career. In no way is he a better player, though. There's a difference.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, deiseach said:

The order of the games matters. We wouldn't all be as euphoric - I don't think that is too strong a word to describe how I feel even two weeks on - at having won the league if the fresher memory was of the egotistical, slobbering goon (© Dave Usher) running around Madrid with what should have been Number Six.

Gave me chills reading that line there 

• Upvote 1

I’d prefer to have won the league over Number Six, but a huge amount of that is down to the 29 year drought compared to 14 years since our last European Cup. 

Without a doubt, Guardiola would have taken Europe over the league this season, as would just about every other club team in Europe. 

How magnificent does Number 6 still sound two weeks on, though?