RedinSweden

Football opinion amnesty thread

Nah, haven’t watch them since they beat the Mancs in the 2011 Champions League Final.

Quite understandable then. You're not missing anything.

It’s not about banging in hatricks and dribbling rings round Malaga and Celta Vigo every week.

What marks true quality is doing it in the biggest games on the biggest stage. Maradona did it Pele did it and Ronaldo does it. Messi has too. Not this time though.

Missing penalties and throwing balls to opposition strikers in big games is indicative.

What the fuck is a GOAT.

And don't say a four legged animal that has a chat with a troll on a bridge.

Not sure if you are serious or I’m having a whoosh moment but...Greatest Of All Time

• Upvote 1

I wouldn’t spend the money it would take to bring Suarez back.

Don’t get me wrong - I still love the mad little cunt and miss him terribly.

But he’s not the player he was anymore, not by a distance. His knee is a consistent problem and while he was never blisteringly fast his explosive acceleration has gone and has robbed him of so much of his game.

I wouldn’t spend the money it would take to bring Suarez back.

Don’t get me wrong - I still love the mad little cunt and miss him terribly.

But he’s not the player he was anymore, not by a distance. His knee is a consistent problem and while he was never blisteringly fast his explosive acceleration has gone and has robbed him of so much of his game.

I would. 

He’d be great under Klopp. I don’t think he suits playing for Uruguay or Barcelona. You can see snippets of him closing down here and there in teams that don’t press and getting frustrated. At us he’d be one of the pack again. I think he’d take the side up another level again.

• Upvote 1

He’d be great under Klopp. I don’t think he suits playing for Uruguay or Barcelona. You can see snippets of him closing down here and there in teams that don’t press and getting frustrated. At us he’d be one of the pack again. I think he’d take the side up another level again.

I don’t see that at all.

He used to constantly press, harry and just annoy the fuck out of defences. He’s physically not capable of doing the first two.

He can still annoy the fuck out of them like a superstar mind.

It would just be going back to an ex who was your first love who had massive tits and introduced you to blowjobs, anal and loads of kinky shit.

Now she’s just a dirty slag, great for a few nights a year but nothing close to what you used to have.

He doesn't suit playing for Uruguay because they're shit. It's basically him, Cavani, and a bunch of yard dogs (albeit excellent ones in the case Godin, for example).

I think Klopp would get him fitter and sharper and he would fairly quickly reestablish himself as the best player in the league.

Yeah he is hardly the most offensive player

Had he not played for Chelsea don't think people would have a issue with him. 

Bit like Scholes to be honest, a dour boring cunt and a manc to boot but not that bad compared to others

Yep. Seems like a thoroughly decent chap. Good player, too, though slightly overrated.

I’ll revise the ‘overrated’ opinion if he teaches Harry Wilson how to score 20 goals a season.

I’ll revise the ‘overrated’ opinion if he teaches Harry Wilson how to score 20 goals a season.

Does it matter if 15 are deflected in?

• Upvote 1

I don't think he was overrated. Not as good as Gerrard obviously but still an excellent goal getting midfielder.

Agree with that

I think his issue is that he was pushed into the realsm of Schole and Gerrard. 

Lampard was the best goalscorer of them, though playing just behind the frontline at Chelsea helped and he has less to do than Gerrard who had to create and score. 

I don't think he was overrated. Not as good as Gerrard obviously but still an excellent goal getting midfielder.

Fair enough. I feel similarly about Harry Kane, very good player, unreal goal scorer, but not all that good at anything else. Not quite world class for me Clive. But I am possibly being slightly unfair. Maybe.