You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

One thing City have yet to do is defend the (Premier League) title. On both previous occasions they've seemed to lack hunger and desire the following year and played well within themselves. Guardiola may well have changed that, from what is often reported about his methods and approach, but if not, Mourinho could yet win a title at United.

He will be utterly primed for the above being possible, while their summer will be all about hitting the ground running and battering the no doubt 5 or 6 game run full of dross teams they'll start their campaign with, having played Cardiff City at home on the opening day.

* Obviously, as ever, its up to us to make sure we're not relying on other teams to prevent the nightmare scenario, and hopefully have a run at winning the fucker ourselves. To be reviewed post-summer transfer business.

I fail to see what's amnesty material about this.

The Anfield Wrap was okay but it disappeared up its arse when it started producing 60 shows a month which all said variations of the same thing. There's too many podcasts contributing noise to the world and that's a prime offender.

• Upvote 1

If Utd get Bale and Alderwield then we wont finish in the top 2 next year. City are too far ahead of us and can just but Superman if they feel threatened. Utd were shite all season but still finished 2nd and got to a cup final. If they add Bale and Alderwield then they are serious title contenders.

Bale has only been given bit parts to play by Zidane because his injury record is not very good.I couldn't see that changing much if he moved to United. Would it be a good move to go from the style of Real to the style of Mourinho's Utd?

The Anfield Wrap was okay but it disappeared up its arse when it started producing 60 shows a month which all said variations of the same thing. There's too many podcasts contributing noise to the world and that's a prime offender.

There's so many LFC ones that I have managed to be overwhelmed to the point of not listening to any of them.  They've monitized 'Football pub chat' so fair play to them but it's not something I'd listen to.

I listened to the Anfield Wrap for the first time in a few years whilst I was driving up there on Saturday. I reckon I won’t be hearing from those bastions of knowledge again until they’re all jointly appointed Klopp’s replacement.

I'm not familiar with any of them in all honesty but was always baffled by some of the swagger shown by those involved with that side of things, like they were actually footballers or in some way part of a connected scene that you weren't privy to and that it demanded some form of respect from the proletariat, 'go away mate grown ups are talking here' when in actual fact what it was was a bunch of fruit and veg stall holders pretending they knew things you didn't know, but they actually didn't.
  • Upvote 3

I'm not familiar with any of them in all honesty but was always baffled by some of the swagger shown by those involved with that side of things, like they were actually footballers or in some way part of a connected scene that you weren't privy to and that it demanded some form of respect from the proletariat, 'go away mate grown ups are talking here' when in actual fact what it was was a bunch of fruit and veg stall holders pretending they knew things you didn't know, but they actually didn't.

Some lad I used to work with is the administration for several LFC facebook pages yet is about 30 stone and has never played footy in his life. He also hasn't been the game for the last 10 years as some weird form of protest. Listening to him you would think he has all his European coaching badges and played or managed to a decent level but he runs a locksmith shop.

He also manages to do six degrees of Hillsborough in every conversation. If some minor celebrity has ever said anything about Hillsborough or works for/reads the Sun they are public enemy no 1. He kicked off on George Sephton and told him to resign because he put a tribute to Terry Wogan on Facebook when he died a couple of years ago. Terry woman said in 1989 it was caused by Liverpool fans but died before the inquest.

I had a go at him once saying that if aliens landed in his back garden the first thing he'd talk to them about is the Sun and Hillsborough.

Rob Guttmann is the biggest wanker going on Liverpool podcasts.

And that’s saying something.

I’ve never listened to a Liverpool podcast and have no intention of ever doing so.

I also hate finding out that people I work with are Liverpool fans as I expect their opinions to be shit, and don’t want to have to deal with it.

• Upvote 5

I’ve never listened to a Liverpool podcast and have no intention of ever doing so.

I also hate finding out that people I work with are Liverpool fans as I expect their opinions to be shit, and don’t want to have to deal with it.

haha!  That's the best approach, Bob.  You can then allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised should you happen on someone like 3 stacks in real life, who can impress you with their breadth and depth of expertise. 

I’m not even really sure what a podcast is. The internet aside, I only ever talk footy with friends and family.

Imagine you have no friends or family to talk footie with, you can stick a podcast on and pretend you aren't alone.

• 3 weeks later...