You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

Alonso was good but he wasnt as good as people make out.

We are good enough to win the league.

If we dont win anything this coming season i'd seriously be asking questions.

I also think the Everton kit is nice.

I think there are as many as 15 players on our books who are just not good enough and never will be from the youth players all the way to the senior squad.

I dont understand why Rafa wont let Cavalieri play in the reserves.

I don't think Frank Lampard is a cunt

I think alot of our supporters choose to ignore the dickheads we have following us when talking about how amazing our fans are

Luis Garcia wasn't THAT good. Somebody called him a legend yesterday.

I regret that Bobby Robson was never our manager and that Zola wasn't our player. Both would have suited our football club.

I think our fans who give Steve Gerrard stick are bellends.

Great Thread. Not sure everyone gets the concept of an amnesty though. here we go.

- We should have signed Benni McCarthy

- Carragher was world class 3-5 years ago but isn't in the top 5 CBs in the prem anymore

- Voronin will score 10+ goals this year

- Michael Owen is entitled to play where he likes and he'll score 10-15 league goals this year

- Arbeloa was our best defender last year

Thank God, it's not just me.

If he wasn't English, he'd be seen for what he is, which is a very good striker who doesn't score that many goals, but not the heir to Pele. He's more Tevez than Ronaldo, put it that way. He's also not developed as a player particularly since he was 19. If anything, he's gone backwards.

Also...

I think Carra was our weakest central defender last season.

Excellent post.

The Rooney comments are self evident and indisputable; however the most treasonable truth remains:

Jamie Carragher is not as good a centre half as Skrtel or the divine Agger.

Needed saying.

I like this idea........here are some opinions:

Grown men who wear a full football uniform (matching shirt, shorts, socks) when they go for a jog or play a game of footy are weird and should be eyed with suspicion.

People who regularly wear football shirts to town as "fashion" are strange and need to enter the world of the adult.

There's nothing detestable about Frank Lampard except the team he plays for.

Fernando Torres is the world's greatest striker, but he isn't as fast as people say (definitely not "blistering," which is a common adjective I hear about him).

Jose Mourinho would be a great manager to play for.

Tottenham's striped/hooped socks are outstanding.

The USA will one day win the World Cup.

People care too much about their football team.

I like this idea........here are some opinions:

Grown men who wear a full football uniform (matching shirt, shorts, socks) when they go for a jog or play a game of footy are weird and should be eyed with suspicion.

Yes. The minute a grown man purchases the full kit (including socks) he should be put on the sex offenders register, those who put their own names on the back may as well walk into their local primary school and masturbate during assembly.