You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

I am scared that people believe Rafa is bigger than Liverpool Football Club, and that he has reached the level of 'Untouchable' by some Liverpool Fans.

I wish we kept Harry Kewell

Jagielka is an awesome player

I am scared that people actually believe that other people believe that anyone is bigger than the club.

I get a perverse kick out of the net spend arguements. Something about knowing that two-hundred odd people have looked at their computer screens, and shouted " for fuck sake, not again" makes me laugh like a little girl.

Frank Lampard. Think he's the best midfielder in the country and don't hate him.

I've alluded to it a few times in a jovial way but I really think Ngog will become a top striker.

Lionel Messi; I don't see what all the fuss is about. And I rate Zlatan Ibrihimavic.

• Downvote 1

I don't have any footballing opinions I'm afraid to voice, so this is not the thread for me.

I have some that I'd prefer not to admit to, unless pushed (Moyes doing a good job at Everton is one) but I'm quite happy to say (for example) Lampard/ Rooney/ Ronaldo/ etc are great players, context-allowing.

I am scared that people believe Rafa is bigger than Liverpool Football Club, and that he has reached the level of 'Untouchable' by some Liverpool Fans.

I wish we kept Harry Kewell

Jagielka is an awesome player

Where as I wish I had gotten the chance to tazer Harry Kewell.

I get a perverse kick out of the net spend arguements. Something about knowing that two-hundred odd people have looked at their computer screens, and shouted " for fuck sake, not again" makes me laugh like a little girl.

Frank Lampard. Think he's the best midfielder in the country and don't hate him.

I've alluded to it a few times in a jovial way but I really think Ngog will become a top striker.

Lionel Messi; I don't see what all the fuss is about. And I rate Zlatan Ibrihimavic.

Really?

EDIT: I reckon you've just said that to get a reaction.

People keep going on about him being the best player in the world and he really isn't. He's very,very good but the Champions League final, as an example, he scored a brilliant header but was completly outshone by Xavi and Iniesta yet it was further proof that he was better than everyone. I wouldn't take him over either Torres or Gerrard and feel that he's still not produced against a real side of quality.

I don't think Fabregas is that good either. The type of player that pretentious pundits rave over so as to seem knowledgeable. It's got to such a stage though that if you say, " well that wasn't actually vision of the highest order, it was just a five-yard pass" you're made out to be a football philistine who doesn't understand the finer points.

People keep going on about him being the best player in the world and he really isn't. He's very,very good but the Champions League final, as an example, he scored a brilliant header but was completly outshone by Xavi and Iniesta yet it was further proof that he was better than everyone. I wouldn't take him over either Torres or Gerrard and feel that he's still not produced against a real side of quality.

I don't think Fabregas is that good either. The type of player that pretentious pundits rave over so as to seem knowledgeable. It's got to such a stage though that if you say, " well that wasn't actually vision of the highest order, it was just a five-yard pass" you're made out to be a football philistine who doesn't understand the finer points.

I agree on Fabregas. he is a good player, but vastly overrated. i think messi is superb though.

Some confessions:

I haven't been to a match in almost 5 years. (this probably explains the following)

I don't think Alonso was our best player last season.

I think Dossena gets more stick than he deserves.

I like Riera as a player and he seems like a top fella too.

I like Emily going forward but he scares the shit out of me as a defender.

I shout "fuck off!" to Kuyt more than any other player. (possibly excepting Lucas)

I'm so old I remember when Tom R was funny.