You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

On 19/05/2022 at 09:11, VladimirIlyich said:

The 1965 semi final defeat v Inter (based on old Pathe footage only) didn't look as bad,or corrupt? a refereeing performance as we have been led to believe.

That's only because you are used to the appaling standards set by todays referees.

• 2 weeks later...

If Nabby amd Milner stay we won't sign a midfielder imo, unless someone like Gavi is available. They'll wait for a shot at Bellingham next year. They won't block Elliot(who started brilliantly last year on the RCM role linking well with Trent and Mo),Jones Nabby,Hendo, Carvalho all can play there. 

Need to replace 20/25 goal contributions if Mane does go. 

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You are stealing Dave Usher's thunder.

Yeah I was wondering why it was in this thread when it's just blatantly obvious. No amnesty needed on that. May as well say "water is wet, don't @ me"

Amnesty: every time I listen to the pod and get to the advert I laugh at the idea of the “members only forum” being a benefit of the cost of membership when no fucker ever posts in there and we’ve heard 6 or 7 mentions of “the WhatsApp group” where the old school members are obviously sharing their thoughts already in the chat.

membership is still the right things to do, though.

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Amnesty: every time I listen to the pod and get to the advert I laugh at the idea of the “members only forum” being a benefit of the cost of membership when no fucker ever posts in there and we’ve heard 6 or 7 mentions of “the WhatsApp group” where the old school members are obviously sharing their thoughts already in the chat.

The whatsapp group that gets referenced was set up for the fanzine / site writers and initially was there to co-ordinate who was writing what. Most of them are now pod contributors. 

9 minutes ago, dave u said:

The whatsapp group that gets referenced was set up for the fanzine / site writers and initially was there to co-ordinate who was writing what. Most of them are now pod contributors. 

The WhatsApp group members are the establishment of TLW community. 

56 minutes ago, dave u said:

I know that Dave, and I’m only really pulling a leg, but I do laugh at the members forum ref.

The real benefit of membership is negging shit breakfasts on the GF and it’s worth every penny.

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Yeah I was wondering why it was in this thread when it's just blatantly obvious. No amnesty needed on that. May as well say "water is wet, don't @ me"

Well to be fair I don't give a fuck about negs or reps it just felt a convenient place to write it.

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I mostly think football is shit and football fans are bad dickheads who use it as a vehicle to be shitty in ways they can't fabricate in another way. 

Agree with this entirely. In fact the Shiteness of football thread is redundant.. or should be replaced by The Goodness of Football, which would be more challenging and interesting. The only good things I see right now are our brilliant human being of a manager and a Liverpool squad who come across like a really good set of lads as well as a great team. Almost everything else about footy is shite. I often wish I could kick my addiction. Footy Fans Anonymous?

23 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I know that Dave, and I’m only really pulling a leg, but I do laugh at the members forum ref.

The real benefit of membership is negging shit breakfasts on the GF and it’s worth every penny.

Superfan society of people who don't like being disagreed with. It's basically the last bridge between TLW and RAWK. Or South Korea and North Korea however you want to look at it mate. 

5 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

A lot of forums have membership to access the equivalents of the GF on here. Making that members only would allow our perverts to post even more nudity, and Natalie Sawyer's boobies, and not have it traced back to TLW by a web search. For that reason I'm out.

29 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Agree with this entirely. In fact the Shiteness of football thread is redundant.. or should be replaced by The Goodness of Football, which would be more challenging and interesting. The only good things I see right now are our brilliant human being of a manager and a Liverpool squad who come across like a really good set of lads as well as a great team. Almost everything else about footy is shite. I often wish I could kick my addiction. Footy Fans Anonymous?

I would go further than that & say I can't be arsed with our players either. The vast majority of them are overpayed, tattooed millionaires, who are about as relatable as an alien & a phone call away from fucking off to a richer club.

Fucking awful taste in music as well.

• Upvote 1