You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

To be fair, he's had a shit development environment for the past few years.  He was brilliant under Van Gaal, then instead of developing him as a CF they brought in Ibrahimovich, Lukaku, Sanchez, Cavani, Ronaldo.  

Almost as if he's not really wanted. He is also unlikely to leave United voluntarily being that he's from the city and almost definitely a fan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Think it’s strange so many Reds want Everton to go down. 

Obviously kicking them when they’re down is fun, but my first look at the fixture list is Everton away.

We’ve won two trophies this year, but you can’t tell me there was a funnier match than our 4-0 victory at Goodison.

I’ve watched it a few times since and laughed my balls times.

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Obviously kicking them when they’re down is fun, but my first look at the fixture list is Everton away.

We’ve won two trophies this year, but you can’t tell me there was a funnier match than our 4-0 victory at Goodison.

I used to agree but it's gone beyond rivalry now and seems to have degenerated into constant slander. 

Virtually every 'rumour' about a Liverpool player, their families, inhaler use, conspiracy theories or any such other shit starts with the cunts.

I don't know what the rivalry is like between the mancs and city these days, or say, Newcastle and Sunderland, but this has sort of gone beyond rivalry now, from their side at least, and has degenerated into pure poison. It's tiring, more than anything else.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Must have a copy that doesn't show the sloppy play that led to an undeserved goal for Gray.

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I used to agree but it's gone beyond rivalry now and seems to have degenerated into constant slander. 

Virtually every 'rumour' about a Liverpool player, their families, inhaler use, conspiracy theories or any such other shit starts with the cunts.

I don't know what the rivalry is like between the mancs and city these days, or say, Newcastle and Sunderland, but this has sort of gone beyond rivalry now, from their side at least, and has degenerated into pure poison. It's tiring, more than anything else.

You think that poisonous will go away if they’re relegated? It will be worse. Much, much worse.

14 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Must have a copy that doesn't show the sloppy play that led to an undeserved goal for Gray.

You are correct sir and that hope spot is what made it so outstanding when we shut them down and chanted Rafa’s name for the last 20 minutes.

As an aside, how on earth did Matip miss that chance in the first 5 minutes?

5 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Did you post this before seeing the footage of the rabid hordes harassing that woman for having a Liverpool flag in the window of her own house?

16 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did you post this before seeing the footage of the rabid hordes harassing that woman for having a Liverpool flag in the window of her own house?

That was totally unacceptable. Could have been young children in the house traumatised. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't think Trent played brilliantly the last day. Obviously did a lot of good stuff, but more often than not was too central leaving Naby to offer width on the right.

He could obviously been told to do that, but his and Robertson's positioning in-game was chalk and cheese.

But seeing as he was touted for man of the match, maybe it was the beer goggles.

I think Trent tucking in and playing narrower is tactical and he's been told to do it, and I have no clue why. He's one of the best crossers of the ball I've ever seen, he's literally set records for assists playing at right back, and we seem to be trying to use him as a deep lying midfielder in possession. It's a bit weird.

I don't think jermaine jenas is that bad as a pundit (he is certainly preferable to imbeciles like Richards and dion Dublin)

I used to listen to 5 live a lot on a Friday and he mostly came over quite well.

He was once asked the difference between klopp and soljaskaar and he genuinely snorted before composing himself.

11 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

I think Trent tucking in and playing narrower is tactical and he's been told to do it, and I have no clue why. He's one of the best crossers of the ball I've ever seen, he's literally set records for assists playing at right back, and we seem to be trying to use him as a deep lying midfielder in possession. It's a bit weird.

Because everybody knows that was the original plan so they set up for it and have no real tactical approach for the new positioning leaving them chasing shadows, hopefully.