You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

It’s not about banging in hatricks and dribbling rings round Malaga and Celta Vigo every week.

What marks true quality is doing it in the biggest games on the biggest stage. Maradona did it Pele did it and Ronaldo does it. Messi has too. Not this time though.

Missing penalties and throwing balls to opposition strikers in big games is indicative.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t spend the money it would take to bring Suarez back.

Don’t get me wrong - I still love the mad little cunt and miss him terribly.

But he’s not the player he was anymore, not by a distance. His knee is a consistent problem and while he was never blisteringly fast his explosive acceleration has gone and has robbed him of so much of his game.

I wouldn’t spend the money it would take to bring Suarez back.

Don’t get me wrong - I still love the mad little cunt and miss him terribly.

But he’s not the player he was anymore, not by a distance. His knee is a consistent problem and while he was never blisteringly fast his explosive acceleration has gone and has robbed him of so much of his game.

I would. 

He’d be great under Klopp. I don’t think he suits playing for Uruguay or Barcelona. You can see snippets of him closing down here and there in teams that don’t press and getting frustrated. At us he’d be one of the pack again. I think he’d take the side up another level again.

• Upvote 1

He’d be great under Klopp. I don’t think he suits playing for Uruguay or Barcelona. You can see snippets of him closing down here and there in teams that don’t press and getting frustrated. At us he’d be one of the pack again. I think he’d take the side up another level again.

I don’t see that at all.

He used to constantly press, harry and just annoy the fuck out of defences. He’s physically not capable of doing the first two.

He can still annoy the fuck out of them like a superstar mind.

It would just be going back to an ex who was your first love who had massive tits and introduced you to blowjobs, anal and loads of kinky shit.

Now she’s just a dirty slag, great for a few nights a year but nothing close to what you used to have.

He doesn't suit playing for Uruguay because they're shit. It's basically him, Cavani, and a bunch of yard dogs (albeit excellent ones in the case Godin, for example).

I think Klopp would get him fitter and sharper and he would fairly quickly reestablish himself as the best player in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah he is hardly the most offensive player

Had he not played for Chelsea don't think people would have a issue with him. 

Bit like Scholes to be honest, a dour boring cunt and a manc to boot but not that bad compared to others

I don't think he was overrated. Not as good as Gerrard obviously but still an excellent goal getting midfielder.

Agree with that

I think his issue is that he was pushed into the realsm of Schole and Gerrard. 

Lampard was the best goalscorer of them, though playing just behind the frontline at Chelsea helped and he has less to do than Gerrard who had to create and score. 

I don't think he was overrated. Not as good as Gerrard obviously but still an excellent goal getting midfielder.

Fair enough. I feel similarly about Harry Kane, very good player, unreal goal scorer, but not all that good at anything else. Not quite world class for me Clive. But I am possibly being slightly unfair. Maybe.