You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

You started all this

No, actually, you started this. I just brought up two ex-players whom were around during our Gerrard/Torres injuries in the first part of last season.

If you'll recall, you brought the 'situation' back to the spotlight.

Granted, I couldn't help but respond. I think that's mostly down to the fact that I'm trying to do everything I can to avoid writing this fucking paper on project management.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
No, actually, you started this. I just brought up two ex-players whom were around during our Gerrard/Torres injuries in the first part of last season.

If you'll recall, you brought the 'situation' back to the spotlight.

Granted, I couldn't help but respond. I think that's mostly down to the fact that I'm trying to do everything I can to avoid writing this fucking paper on project management.

Did I shite, look back at the thread, who initially mentioned Xabi?

(Clue- It wasn't me)

Did I shite, look back at the thread, who initially mentioned Xabi?

(Clue- It wasn't me)

Seriously? You think MENTIONING Xabi is 'bringing it all up'? I fucking said that Xabi and Keane were missing from this years squad during our injury crisis.

That's a fact.

My intention was that we have a weaker squad right now than we did last year.

That's a fact.

YOU brought up the Xabi/Madrid/Transfer request bullshit. I didn't breathe a fucking word about that.

I guess his name is just catalyst enough, isn't it? That's fucking bullshit.

You did kind of start it, Lance.

Anyway, that Alberto Aquilani looks quite decent from what I've seen. Wonder if he'll get a game tonight?

I can't see why he shouldn't, but I don't think I've ever correctly predicited a starting XI in years

Seriously? You think MENTIONING Xabi is 'bringing it all up'? I fucking said that Xabi and Keane were missing from this years squad during our injury crisis.

That's a fact.

My intention was that we have a weaker squad right now than we did last year.

That's a fact.

YOU brought up the Xabi/Madrid/Transfer request bullshit. I didn't breathe a fucking word about that.

I guess his name is just catalyst enough, isn't it? That's fucking bullshit.

But you never said that did you, you brought him up, and if you had half a brain you'd know exactly what would happen

I even warned you how it would end up, but you couldn't help it

I said when we signed him that I'd rather wait until january and make sure he was properly fit befire playing him, so i'm not too pissed off we haven't seen much of him.

I'm a bit miffed we keep getting teased with him on the bench though. if he isn't 100% then he shouldn't be there.

I can't see him starting tonight, but I can see him getting 20 minutes.

Someone said earlier that they can't see him starting away from home, but in a way it might be less pressure away from home?

What is this? Those shite Candyman films? Say Xabi's name three times and the debate appears and kills the thread?

Incidentally, in the book, Clive Barker had the story told in Liverpool as opposed to Chicago.

Wonder if he based it on Purps

Edited by Ulysses Everett McGill

But you never said that did you, you brought him up, and if you had half a brain you'd know exactly what would happen

I even warned you how it would end up, but you couldn't help it

I was making a valid point. Hell, I didn't even say his name in the first post in an attempt to avoid the inevitable.

I also tried to get off the subject, twice.

Seriously?

Yup, the film was adapted from a Clive Barker short story which was based in Liverpool, might have something to do with him being born here (Barker)

Had he not demanded a move to Madrid, then he'd still be here, wouldn't he?

Well its highly unlikely he would still be here and if he wasnt the Americans would have had to steal 15m from other transfers. Basically 5m down fo Aqua and 22m euros down for Xabi thats 17m Euros that would have had to be found.

So its well possible Xabi would have been sold anyway or Rafa given the choice of which one to sell out of Xabi and Mascher.

I watched Candyman not long ago. It was a bit rubbish, bit the thing that struck me most was that nearly everyone in it was smoking constantly.

I'd be more worried about that than a mythical baby eater, personally.

How long until we get a horror film about smoking? Like the Cigarettes have been treated with disease or something and it turns all the smokers into little outbreak monkies?

How long until we get a horror film about smoking? Like the Cigarettes have been treated with disease or something and it turns all the smokers into little outbreak monkies?

That would be cool, where can I buy some of that shit

How long does it last, is it temporary?

Think of the possibility's, smoke, turn into a Monkey, climb through a window of the fit chick on the 4th floor, metamorphasise back

Job's a good 'un

Right. I'm nipping this in the bud right now.

Xabi Alonso told me IN PERSON that Rafa tried to sell him behind his back. Since that point they never got on.

Any time Benitez publicly said he wanted Xabi to stay, it was only to make sure he got decent money for him, and to ensure Alonso had to hand in a request.

he regularly told Xabi that he could leave, if the price was right.

The player told me this first hand during a meal I had with him and three other friends.

So consider the bud well and truly nipped.

I don't care what you all believe.

You can all now argue about whether or not I'm telling the truth

We all know thats the truth but some people still wear Na na na an I am not listening headphones.