You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

He was probably our MOM after Mascherano.

Looked lively. I still think he is a bit of a fanny yet, he tries to do everything toooo quick.

Agree with all of this. I'd rather an attacking minded player in our side over the other muppets in there (I won't name for fear of being eaten) any day.

There is without a doubt a player in Aquilani. It's just finding it and then a place in the team for him. A three man midfield, with Mascherano holding and then Gerrard and Aquilani supporting the main striker.

--------Mascherano--------

Gerrard-------------Aquilani

Surely he will start home to Portsmouth. If Gerrard gets suspended after his 'gesture' lastnight, he should play his role.

I remember seeing that at the time, and he did mouth 'fuck off' (As every player does when a free is given against them) but he just waved his hand away at him. I certainly don't remember seeing him flick the V's. And the ref is looking right at him so if he did he'd have been off. I'd like to see the video of it as I think someone has just taking an in-motion snap and looks like he is doing something he isn't.

Anyway, anyone who flicks the V's will cover the other two fingers with his thumb. You'd never do it as Gerrard is doing it. This is all bolox, and the video of it will prove it I reckon.

Flicking a v sign and mouthing 'fuck off' at the ref after he was booked.

Hopefully his England standing will extend the immunity that Wayne Rooney enjoys for much worse.

Cheers, lads!

He might have said "Fuck off, it's the second time I've done something"?

Otherwise he is just too fucking thick. The last thing we need is him with a 3 match ban.

When Aquilani came on yesterday, he pissed all over Lucas as he could control the ball and move it quickly. It was refreshing to see. We have nothing to lose now, I would throw him in there as he looks like he can spread play a bit. One of the reasons we were so good with Alonso was that he moved the ball quickly, and that gives others move time to receive the ball.

He looked quite lively and did a few nice little touches/passes, but he still did fuck all in terms of penetrating Wigan in the final third.

We're really scraping the barrel if people think that was a positive to take from the game.

Alonso was one of the most consistent tacklers in the league and I'm staggered if you're calling Baraja bad!

Christ no mate, I was just saying he wasn't a defensive midfielder as he got forward and did the kinda things I sorta expect Aquilani to do next season.

He put in his fair share did Xabi but he still wasn't what I'd class as a defensive midfielder. Lucas currently is and Mascherano, Momo and Didi all have been/are.

Christ no mate, I was just saying he wasn't a defensive midfielder as he got forward and did the kinda things I sorta expect Aquilani to do next season.

He put in his fair share did Xabi but he still wasn't what I'd class as a defensive midfielder. Lucas currently is and Mascherano, Momo and Didi all have been/are.

in Rafa's system he was defensive

but you are right in saying that Xabi was much more than just a defensive mid

his range of passing alone was only really bettered by Gerrard's

which is why Gerrard should be paired with Masch as he brings something 'extra' to the position

Lucas offers nothing

Xabi has a far better range of passing than Gerrard, for me.

On Xabi, I don't think it's Rafas system that had him play that role I think that's where you get the best from him. Give him the time and space to dicate the tempo and you're laughing.

I heard this on Sky Sports this morning like, they said the FA were looking into it.

Would they look into it, if it was Diame or Emmerson Boyce? No.

You sayin' dey is racistz?

There is without a doubt a player in Aquilani. It's just finding it and then a place in the team for him. A three man midfield, with Mascherano holding and then Gerrard and Aquilani supporting the main striker.

--------Mascherano--------

Gerrard-------------Aquilani

Surely he will start home to Portsmouth. If Gerrard gets suspended after his 'gesture' lastnight, he should play his role.

Graeme Le Saux?