You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

Aquilini giving the Curva supporters the Fasces symbol, consisted of a bundle of white birch rods (middle fingers), tied together with a red leather ribbon (wrists) into a cylinder (crossed arms), and often including a bronze axe (left thumb) amongst the rods (ring finger), with the blade on the side (left palm), projecting from the bundle (right palm), during a game against communist rivals Livorno.

media_l_507273.jpg

The Fasces was used as a symbol of the Roman Republic and a prominent symbol of Mussolini's Fascist Party. The movement was named for the axe and rods.

So it was an historically significant symbol co-opted by Mussolini.

IMO it's difficult to judge where patriotism and fascism cross-over from a different culture.

Emlyn Hughes was a Thatcherite

Carragher has expressed, in writing, his issues with immigration

Your "mate" Tommy Smith is a bad racist, are you going to pull him on it the next time you have a cosy little chat?

The lad is a footballer, not a fucking politician

This place is doing my fucking head in lately, being turned into mong central by a minority

Again I ask, Do any of the above have the bust of a fucking dictator in their living room?

his average appearances per season are 24.5 games for roma throughout career, excluding the one season he had elsewhere. So at that rate we should only have to pay about 33% for a shirt with his name on it, seeing as thats how muh well see him on average.................oh boy......worried a bit

again I ask, where is the proof that he does?

maybe i have missed something

C'mon dude, most people are just making light of it. No one believes he has Mussolini shrine in his house.

Maybe his summer villa on Lake Como but deffo not his Roma pad.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Again I ask, Do any of the above have the bust of a fucking dictator in their living room?

Hughes had a painting of Thatcher

I win

His armband's a swastika in red. Aqi. Aqi

Work will make you free, he said. Aqi. Aqi.

We got the lad from Italy.

He has strong views politic-ally.

Aquilani - we've already pre-judged him.

Na na na na na...(repeat and fade).

Superb. Repped.