You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either way Babel will be sold and the money used to pay off debts either now or in the summer as his contract is running down, same with Mascherano

It seems we cannot afford to renew contracts

There will be a mini exodus in the summer and if the 2 cunts are still in charge when Gerrard and Torres have 2 years left then they will also have to be sold

Just seen we rejected 9 mill for Babel if we did Rafa need's shooting how can he expect to get 12 mill for someone who doesen't play. But if he isnt gonna get a penny maybe better to trade. If he knows he cant get dosh why doesn't he trade.

trade what? you mean swap him for a birmingham player? this isn't championsip manager.

if rafa is not getting the money, it makes no sense for him to sell. So what if babel has a shit attitude - this is a different fight, one with the owners over money. If he says "he's not going as I don't get the cash", well maybe they'll think, well it's better to let rafa have 50% or 75% of the money than leaving the player to rot and pay the wages. The more I think about this, the more it appears to me Rafa is posturing with the owners and using the press to play the political games.

trade what? you mean swap him for a birmingham player? this isn't championsip manager.

if rafa is not getting the money, it makes no sense for him to sell. So what if babel has a shit attitude - this is a different fight, one with the owners over money. If he says "he's not going as I don't get the cash", well maybe they'll think, well it's better to let rafa have 50% or 75% of the money than leaving the player to rot and pay the wages. The more I think about this, the more it appears to me Rafa is posturing with the owners and using the press to play the political games.

I'm not saying with a buirmingham player theres seems to be allot of interest in him dispite him not playing. If teams want him so bad then they will do what ever to get him.

Ignoring your usual flapping, er, yeah, it does. Particularly when half our first team are horrendously injury prone.

I'm sorry but do you trust Ryan Babel to perform, to any acceptable level?

I'm not being funny. I might level unfair criticism at some other players sometimes, but Ryan Babel doesn't perform.

I'm not being funny. I might level unfair criticism at some other players sometimes, but Ryan Babel doesn't perform.

I'd be lieing if i said i didn't feel hatred towards him. He has no heart and show's no effort unless its a big game that can boost his rep. I understand he isnt getting picked but in that situation you make the manager feel your undroppable by performing and putting some effort. He is scum and i hate him as much as any Manc or Blueshite player.

I wouldn't want to rely on Babbel, Degen or Voronin for anything, but they're senior, experienced players. We'd have zero chance of 4th, and very little of 6th if we only had untried kids to fall back on.

The squad's already been exposed as too thin this season (quality over quantity), yet we're getting rid of another four members of the senior squad and only bringing one in?

I wouldn't want to rely on Babbel, Degen or Voronin for anything, but they're senior, experienced players. We'd have zero chance of 4th, and very little of 6th if we only had untried kids to fall back on.

The squad's already been exposed as too thin this season (quality over quantity), yet we're getting rid of another four members of the senior squad and only bringing one in?

If those players had played every game this season I doubt we would be in a better position.

For me this sums Babel up - His first start for ages against Arsenal in the Carling Cup this season, a chance for him to really stake a place, instead he was busy taking photos of the fans while in the team coach and posting them on his Twitter page.... Nothing like having your game head on and being fully focused on the task ahead...

The only reason I can see Rafa not accepting the £9m from Birmingham is because he knows he'll never see that money again..

I totally understand your concerns, Owen. I just don't think we'll get another offer of that level for Babel, unless the improbable happens, and he suddenly starts performing well in different situations.

Unfortunately, Ryan only seems to work when we are counter attacking. Give him space to run, and he can hurt a team.

I think if Purslow see's Rafa doing that he will do the deal himself mate, It will be taken out of Rafa's hands, If the yanks need the money to pay the debt, then Babel will be sold whether Rafa likes it or not.

but the whole point is the story that has hit the papers today is this money would not be used to pay down debt. now it might be to give them a dividend, it might be to cover the cost of an early CL exit and it might be to provide some cash for the summer should we not qualify for the CL for next year. Whatever it is, rafa (I assume this story has originated from him) is making it clear they are keeping the moeny but not for debt management. I think if they take it out of his hands, he'll quit - which might also be another plan.

Edited by Barry Wom

I'm gonna sound crazy here but could we of affoded to qualify for the CL. With bonuses and everything and us having no money. How much is given to you when you qualify? I know there is money from TV rights and stuff. But it cant be that much. It's a genuine question im not trying to stir any shit or make it a conspiracy im just interested.

but the whole point is the story that has hit the papers today is this money would not be used to pay down debt. now it might be to give them a dividend, it might be to cover the cost of an early CL exit and it might be to provide some cash for the summer should we not qualify for the CL for next year. Whatever it is, rafa (I assume this story has originated from him) is making it clear they are keeping the moeny but not for debt management. I think if they take it out of his hands, he'll quit - which might also be another plan.

is that in the Guardian article?

it's not in Tony's peice - he's implying that it will be used to pay down the debt

nothing would surprise me with these cunts - they are only interested in looking after their own interests

I'm not sure mate, but If Rafa is knocking back £9m offers for Babel, it will be taken from him the club will sell Babel for £9m.

Rafa is in a tricky situation, whilst I am behind him regarding not selling Babel because those twats want the money, you try and explain that to tens of thousands of Liverpool fans who don't care.

If they see Rafa knocking back £9m for Babel he will loose plenty of support.

The reason i am like that is because he has no heart.

I'm not sure mate, but If Rafa is knocking back £9m offers for Babel, it will be taken from him the club will sell Babel for £9m.

Rafa is in a tricky situation, whilst I am behind him regarding not selling Babel because those twats want the money, you try and explain that to tens of thousands of Liverpool fans who don't care.

If they see Rafa knocking back £9m for Babel he will loose plenty of support.

which could explain this mornings press reports that he won't get the money, so people will know it's knocked back because only the yanks will benefit.

His agent has confirmed a bid. And Babel would be interested. SHIT!! I dont really want to see him playing regular football for a prem team.

from barrett's article ...

Although the Liverpool manager is working without a transfer war chest, club insiders insist that that policy has not been forced on him by Liverpool’s estimated £250 million debts and resultant interest payments,

I totally understand your concerns, Owen. I just don't think we'll get another offer of that level for Babel, unless the improbable happens, and he suddenly starts performing well in different situations.

Unfortunately, Ryan only seems to work when we are counter attacking. Give him space to run, and he can hurt a team.

Don't get me wrong, I've no problem with getting shut of Babbel at all, and you could say Maxi's his replacement. It's the thought of having to rely on untried kids for extended periods which leave me with a slight feeling of dread.

Birmingham have got quite a bit to spend and I think Rafa is trying to squeeze every penny can out of them. I can see him going for £10-11m.

I suspect that's what's happening too.

which could explain this mornings press reports that he won't get the money, so people will know it's knocked back because only the yanks will benefit.

But if that was all true and wouldnt the yanks just accept it anyway it's not as if they cant.