You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Autoglass

She Knows It

I came out of work today and found a card under my windscreen wiper saying they'd noticed a chip in my windscreen and a phone number to call them out to fix it.

I also found a huge big fuck-off chip in my windscreen that wasn't there this morning when I parked up. The fucking cunts.

Do I ring them and kick off? It's their word against mine.

Their ads are good; as soon as I saw this thread "Autoglass repair, autoglass replace" immediately popped into my head and now it's stuck.

Cunts.

And that's an amazing coincidence that they happened to find your chip. Do they have little chip fairies floating about reporting back to them?

Cunts.

Ring them and kick off.

Autoglass despoil, autoglass deface.

It won't let me 'rep' you, so this is a manual reppage.

I also wanted to kill Gavin with his Ray Liotta eyes, the other spanner that makes an occasional appearance, Kevin Whately, the jingle singers and their families before I even knew it was a scam.

If/when you write a letter of complaint, I'd wrap it round a brick and deliver it by hand through head office's window.

They should have the gear to fix it and in most cases it won't affect their no-claims bonus.

I rang this morning and put in a complaint. A customer services manager rang and I argued the toss, but I knew I wasn't going to win, and I needed it fixing so I arranged for them to come out to my work and sort it. I gave them my work address and my mobile number. I'm not fully comp, so they quoted £87 inc VAT. The technician came and fixed it, and I asked him whether I paid him directly. He said "Just ring through to the office and pay over the phone".

Of course, there would be little point in me avoiding paying, because although they don't have my home address, they do have my work's address so they could easily trace me. Little point that is, if I hadn't just been made redundant, and today was my last day at work!

Get in. Every cloud and all that.

I rang this morning and put in a complaint. A customer services manager rang and I argued the toss, but I knew I wasn't going to win, and I needed it fixing so I arranged for them to come out to my work and sort it. I gave them my work address and my mobile number. I'm not fully comp, so they quoted £87 inc VAT. The technician came and fixed it, and I asked him whether I paid him directly. He said "Just ring through to the office and pay over the phone".

Of course, there would be little point in me avoiding paying, because although they don't have my home address, they do have my work's address so they could easily trace me. Little point that is, if I hadn't just been made redundant, and today was my last day at work!

is that 87 quid to repair it? Fucking hell.

They will I imagine have your registration number, which the DVLA will have and also your home address.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

have always been a bit waring over scrren chips as my 51 plated Ka has a heated front screen (FFS) and christ knows how much they would be (more than the car i dare say) but for the record a "chip" can be 40mm (4 cms) IN eye view and get through an MoT..

Any less then feck Autoglass IMO!

have always been a bit waring over scrren chips as my 51 plated Ka has a heated front screen (FFS) and christ knows how much they would be (more than the car i dare say) but for the record a "chip" can be 40mm (4 cms) IN eye view and get through an MoT..

Any less then feck Autoglass IMO!

A Ka? Please tell us you're a woman? If not and you're a bloke, you deserved to have your screen chipped for driving the most obviously woman-only car ever!

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

point taken but needed a motor for work thats cheap to run...

that apart would say its number 3 in the bird only cars....Beetle and Mini being trumps...but how the feck these little birds at no older than 25 can afford em astounds..insurances alone??

But feel free to send me a "mums taxi" sign if you have one!!