You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The admit to something that will definitely get you abuse thread

RedinSweden

Papa Johns, Carling and Beans? Think that says it all. Are your tastebuds disabled?

Papa Johns is a franchise and it might be wank where you've had it. Way better, like I wouldn't even eat dominoes for free better. Anyway, don't make me get the picture of your 'pizza' to prove your credibility in this area. Beans is obvious, they're brilliant and you suck.

Carling.. you win on this.

• Upvote 1

I remember when I was about 17 at some shite nightclub working out the alcohol to pence ratio of either Carling or Fosters can't remember which and a premium beer (probably Stella in its 5.2% days and when it could legitimately claim to be premium) and realising that the premium beer got you more alcohol for your money and tasted a lot better.

I only drink to get pissed and very rarely will I have just the 1 or 2, I'd rather have a coffee or soft drink if i'm only out for an hour or so.

When I go out, every Saturday, I want something that isnt too expensive, that will keep me going for 4 hours or so, not give me a banging hangover and most important gets me happy and bladdered. Fosters/Carling/Carlsberg does the job nicely.

• Upvote 1

I get why someone might have drunk filth 20 years ago when there were about 4 beers to choose from in a pub and perhaps you didn't like bitter but now there is so much on offer, why not drink something enjoyable? And as stated above, piss water is often a false economy

I get why someone might have drunk filth 20 years ago when there were about 4 beers to choose from in a pub and perhaps you didn't like bitter but now there is so much on offer, why not drink something enjoyable? And as stated above, piss water is often a false economy

In my case its because I drink to get pissed, I'm not fussed about the taste of it, rather the effect it has on me. Fosters etc tastes just as good as any other lager to me.

I usually drink pints of fosters just because it's the most common served and average price. I'm no beer/alcohol connoisseur I ain't fussed it's a social thing. My mate always gives me boxes of mixed beers all different kinds of bottled beer and though I know I've tasted most beers people mention I'm fucked if I can remember what they taste like. I'm that basic that the one bottled beer that I really enjoy and if I buy bottles is tiger beer.