You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The admit to something that will definitely get you abuse thread

RedinSweden

Never watched The Goonies as a child.

Tried to sit through it a few years ago and found it a load of noisy bollocks.  Barely made 20 minutes.

Similar story, although i made it through to the end. I still reckon i wouldn't have been impressed with it as a kid either. 

• Upvote 1

I will literally drink any lager, I just don't care as long as it gets me pissed, there's some I prefer but by and large I just don't care, it baffles me how people look down their noses at people who drink Carling, why do you even care ??

Does Carling get you pissed?

I will literally drink any lager, I just don't care as long as it gets me pissed, there's some I prefer but by and large I just don't care, it baffles me how people look down their noses at people who drink Carling, why do you even care ??

Yep and me and that includes Carling

• Downvote 1

I've been pissed on Carling before, 7 or 8 fairly quick pints would do it for me.

Can't stand the snobbery either, it's beyond tedious. Drink whatever you want at whatever pace you want & mind your own fucking business.

• Upvote 3

I've been pissed on Carling before, 7 or 8 fairly quick pints would do it for me.

Can't stand the snobbery either, it's beyond tedious. Drink whatever you want at whatever pace you want & mind your own fucking business.

I'd like to buy you a drink. A carling or a fosters?

I bet you pour it into your hoop too, don't ye?

Fuckin deviant.

• Upvote 1

What is the abv of Carling? I used to drink a beer called Rudgate Ruby Mild, which is about 4%, and used to get pissed on it. You can get drunk on any alcoholic beverage if you drink enough of it.

I used to attend Real Ale festivals. I loved the variety of beers but stopped going to them, as the Real Ale snobs used to bore me to tears. I drank the stuff as I enjoyed it and preferred it to lager, but didn’t want to sit there all afternoon discussing it.

What is the abv of Carling? I used to drink a beer called Rudgate Ruby Mild, which is about 4%, and used to get pissed on it. You can get drunk on any alcoholic beverage if you drink enough of it.

I used to attend Real Ale festivals. I loved the variety of beers but stopped going to them, as the Real Ale snobs used to bore me to tears.

I'm not actually sure about the strength of Carling, the only time I drink it is when I'm down in Liverpool, I generally drink Tennents up here which is 4%.

I drink fast & I'm a bit of a lightweight so drinking Estrella or something I would be absolutely buckled after 8 or 9 pints.

I'm not bothered by people who are into their real ale, it's the people who look down their nose at you in the boozer for ordering a cheap pint of lager who piss me off.

People who drink shitty beer looking down their noses at people who look down their noses at people who drink shitty beer. So you're actually all as bad as each other. Crap lager is the same as crap anything else, if you like it then fine but don't expect other people to like it too and don't wear your intransigence as some warped badge of honour, that path leads to the Brexit side.

• Upvote 2

My mate has a group of other mates who occasionally turn up at the same gigs in Amsterdam. They always turn their nose up at me for drinking Heineken or Jupiler which are perfectly acceptable and what the fucks it got to do with them anyway? Hipster wankers. Stopped me buying rounds and subsidising their flavour of the month beers anyway.

Having said that, if I'm home and someone sticks a pint of Carling or equivalent in front of me I'm not fucking drinking it. Not arsed if they are like.