You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The admit to something that will definitely get you abuse thread

RedinSweden

Post something and then, and only then, will you be able to give abuse.

I'll start.

I really like Midsomer Murders

Its great that.

We have MM Fests on wet weekends while we multitask our ipads, catching up on the interweb gossip, in between sugar free hot chocolates.

Also Currently working our way thru the whole (and I mean ALL) the Poirot ever made.

• Upvote 1

Its great that.

We have MM Fests on wet weekends while we multitask our ipads, catching up on the interweb gossip, in between sugar free hot chocolates.

Also Currently working our way thru the whole (and I mean ALL) the Poirot ever made.

Poirot is boss, as is Miss Marple (BBC Joan Hickson version).

American football leaves me absolutely cold.

I’ve never watched a NFL game. I’ve no interest in most sports and never have had. Football, some boxing (not for years) and bits of the olympics, that’s it. Snooker, darts, golf, cricket, rugby, tennis, all American sports, bore me.

• Upvote 2

When I’m at a busy inner city intersection as a pedestrian, I like to be first one across the line, and picture myself like Moses parting the Dead Sea.

I also have a spot in the train station and will try to move people out the way to guarantee freely acccesd to the carriage, this doesn’t please my missus when she is with me, and I stand on someone’s shoulder.

I agree that Shakespeare is a load of bollocks. I did it for GCSE. Might have been MacBeth, but I can’t be sure, as I blocked it out. I hated it that much, I never read the play, paid attention in class or did any of the related homework. I had no option but to cheat in the exam. I got one of those York Notes books, wrote a load of shit down and snuck it into the exam room.

Perhaps to balance the anti-Shakespeare theme here a bit, I went to an open air theatre in Chester last week to watch a production of Much Ado About Nothing and it was absolutely fantastic.

Most of these are shite, why would someone abuse you because you think American Football is rubbish? Here's some proper ones:-

If one of my sons turned out to be gay, I'd have serious issues with it

I'm sick of hearing about the 'taboo' of talking about mental illness when it's all anyone seems to fucking talk about these days

There's people I knew from school & have worked with who I would take great pleasure from hearing about their deaths

I think people who still listen to punk music suffer from some sort of mental retardation

Women should encouraged to stay at home with their kids rather than coming in to work & doing everybody's fucking head in

I hate beaches, ice cream & the seaside in general

David Attenborough is a cunt

Fuck it, it's too quiet in here on a Friday, might as well spice things up a bit with some honesty.

• Upvote 4

Most of these are shite, why would someone abuse you because you think American Football is rubbish? Here's some proper ones:-

If one of my sons turned out to be gay, I'd have serious issues with it

I'm sick of hearing about the 'taboo' of talking about mental illness when it's all anyone seems to fucking talk about these days

There's people I knew from school & have worked with who I would take great pleasure from hearing about their deaths

I think people who still listen to punk music suffer from some sort of mental retardation

Women should encouraged to stay at home with their kids rather than coming in to work & doing everybody's fucking head in

I hate beaches, ice cream & the seaside in general

Fuck it, it's too quiet in here on a Friday, might as well spice things up a bit with some honesty.

What do you define as punk? I have been reacquainting myself with Sandinista this last week - it’s fucking awesome. As is Attenborough.

Concur with there being a few people I’d be glad to hear they had carced it.

I believe parent and child parking spaces along with disabled spac s should be out at the far end of the car park. They are not likely to be working, so have more time to make their way to the shops. I’m all fin r giving people bigger spaces for access, and if you move them away from the entrance and leave that for your unencumbered motorist, the should become available again quicker.

• Upvote 1

What do you define as punk?

Mainly the older stuff from the 70s, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Undertones etc. When I hear it, I have to leave the room because it's so awful.

I can see why it happened at the time, but quite why anyone would want to revisit it 40 years later is beyond me.

I can happily listen to The Damned, but then they could play a bit.

If one of my sons turned out to be gay, I'd have serious issues with it

I'm sick of hearing about the 'taboo' of talking about mental illness when it's all anyone seems to fucking talk about these days

There's people I knew from school & have worked with who I would take great pleasure from hearing about their deaths

Women should encouraged to stay at home with their kids rather than coming in to work & doing everybody's fucking head in

I hate beaches, ice cream & the seaside in general

Beaches and the seaside are dreadful during the summer, but are great out of season. I enjoy walking along a beach in, say, October or November, with a bag of chips.

• Upvote 2

Mainly the older stuff from the 70s, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Undertones etc. When I hear it, I have to leave the room because it's so awful.

I can see why it happened at the time, but quite why anyone would want to revisit it 40 years later is beyond me.

I can happily listen to The Damned, but then they could play a bit.

The Pistols and Undertones is still brilliant.

Beaches and the seaside are dreadful during the summer, but are great out of season. I enjoy walking along a beach in, say, October or November, with a bag of chips.

When we worked on Formby Pinewoods about 1978 the beach was best in the winter and wild weather, give me that allthe time it was great.

I'm the only person I know who's never watched, and I have absolutely no intention of ever watching, a "Rocky" film.

I'm rather enjoying Stan Lee's "Lucky Man" starring James Nesbitt

Never seen one myself and likewise have no intention to do so, same with Star wars etc, my niece's fella seemed to get a cob on with me and thought it weird that I didn't know who this actress who died was ,Princess Leah apparently? I'd genuinely had no idea , he's 40 too.