You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The admit to something that will definitely get you abuse thread

RedinSweden

Yeah loads of dice involved.

Its hard to describe but think along the lines of chess(or a strategy game on the PC like total war or the old time commanders show but with dice rather than programmed stats deciding the outcome) with the random aspects of dice.

Units have a list of things they can do

Run- do nothing else but run straight and move further

Advance move normal speed but can shoot

Fire - shoot

Rally -

Different weapons have different ranges. When a unit is hit it may lose men or just take pin markers which makes it harder for them to obey orders in the next round.

Different game types happen that set different mission objectives

They sound more complicated than they are on the whole. But the basics are easy to get the hang off but mastering the tatics are not easy as each army plays different

Thats the proper wargames stuff like the French Foreign Legion army on there. The greek god stuff is different and much harder to explain but its played with cards and dice. Whats called resource management game,so sort of like a tower defence game on the pc

Did you not consider chess mate ?  

Yeah loads of dice involved.

Its hard to describe but think along the lines of chess(or a strategy game on the PC like total war or the old time commanders show but with dice rather than programmed stats deciding the outcome) with the random aspects of dice.

Units have a list of things they can do

Run- do nothing else but run straight and move further

Advance move normal speed but can shoot

Fire - shoot

Rally -

Different weapons have different ranges. When a unit is hit it may lose men or just take pin markers which makes it harder for them to obey orders in the next round.

Different game types happen that set different mission objectives

They sound more complicated than they are on the whole. But the basics are easy to get the hang off but mastering the tatics are not easy as each army plays different

Thats the proper wargames stuff like the French Foreign Legion army on there. The greek god stuff is different and much harder to explain but its played with cards and dice. Whats called resource management game,so sort of like a tower defence game on the pc

Tabletop buddy rep!
  • Upvote 1

Never watched The Goonies as a child.

Tried to sit through it a few years ago and found it a load of noisy bollocks. Barely made 20 minutes.

It's massively dated and pretty racist. It was for 80s kids when they were kids. I reckon I'd hate it now but loved it at the time. Similarly, I didn't enjoy the Alien films that much as I saw them as a slightly harder to scare adult.

Did you not consider chess mate ?  

Never got into it

Tried playing as a kid but did not enjoy it. 

Only started to play tabletop games when i was about 18.

Problem with chess for me is that its one game, played one way and there is no varying ways of playing or not much of a hobby outside the game. Spent hours in my early 20s just hanging round with my mates that worked in Games Workshop just sitting round while they worked and painted,played games talking about the new releases etc.

I thought you were going to say white South Africans for a minute there. I take it you are fluent in Spanish and or Portuguese?

Nope. Its been entirely through work connections and they've all spoken fluent english.

ETA white South Africans have never particularly covered themselves in glory in my presence either.

Ive been to Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Columbia & Venezuela, vast majority of the people of the people have been brilliant. First time in Buenos Aires was thinking the locals might be bit miffed, Falklands and all that, bur all were great, seen some old red telephone boxes near Recoleta Cemetery 

• Upvote 1

I worked with a South African lad briefly he was without doubt the most racist person I've ever met. I was gobsmacked with some of the shit he came out with and some of the shit he'd done. He ended up getting a Greek passport so he could stay in the UK and they called him up for national service. Unluckeeeeee

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I worked with a South African lad briefly he was without doubt the most racist person I've ever met. I was gobsmacked with some of the shit he came out with and some of the shit he'd done. He ended up getting a Greek passport so he could stay in the UK and they called him up for national service. Unluckeeeeee

Seconded.  Used to know a saffa who called black people "du-dums" because it was the sound they made when you ran them over.