You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Dirk goals/moments.

Kevin D

The goal against Spurs at home. It was the game after he got his first goal for us against Newcastle. Boss little touch to take it through on goal, before fucking twatting the ball in the top corner. Class!!!

His Inter goal was a brilliant moment for me. The west ham game when he set torres up twice. His unbelievable champions league moments, always seems to deliver. Love the guy, sexy dutch bastard.

Bit far there, mate.

The goal against Spurs at home. It was the game after he got his first goal for us against Newcastle. Boss little touch to take it through on goal, before fucking twatting the ball in the top corner. Class!!!

That seems to be his preferred finish. Just boot the ball as high as he can in the net, leaving the keeper no chance!

The picture with Kenny.

The crossing hands goal celebration after fat Sham had a go.

And I can't remembre which game at the end of last season, maybe Hull, where he scored, set up a couple, flew through the air like superman and just missed a diving header- that day he was living the dream!

Dirk has that feel good factor about him.

Wasn't it Crouch who scored that? I know one set the other up...

*Goes off to find out*

Edit: It was Dirk. Well done.

nah, defo Kuyt. He cut across the ball about 20 yards out and it went in off the underside of the bar. Peach of a goal.

I love Dirk. He looks as delighted as I would be to play for Liverpool/

His goal against West Ham away, think it was the very beginning of the second half.

That was a cracker.

Probably the best/most important Dirk goal was the one against Inter. He had taken some shit from our fans for months before that.

Messi knows.

"Barcelona's Argentina forward Lionel Messi believes Liverpool are the favourites for this season's Champions League.

"If I had to choose anyone it would be Liverpool," Messi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"They have great players like Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Javier Mascherano, and they are difficult to play against."

I love Dirk. He is the true qualities of a Liverpool FC player. Magical skillful players are fabulous when they come along, but it is his energy, drive, determination and love of playing in the famous red jersey that stands out. Even when he goes weeks without scoring I still find it hard to get angry and annoyed, as unlike many others who for whatever reason don't seem to give a fuck, Dirk always works his nuts off for the cause.

dirk+kuyt+liverpool.jpg

084dirk_468x623.jpg

Messi knows.

"Barcelona's Argentina forward Lionel Messi believes Liverpool are the favourites for this season's Champions League.

"If I had to choose anyone it would be Liverpool," Messi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"They have great players like Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Javier Mascherano, and they are difficult to play against."

Those quotes are a few years old aren't they?

His very first touch in a Red shirt was to try and bang it in from 40 yards. Exactly what any of us would do if we were given the chance.

Haha yeah that was class. The guy is a legend and I can't pick just one great Dirk moment. I think knowing that every single time he pulls on the red shirt you know he's going to give 150% for the cause, without exception. Even if he has a bad game, he'll still sweat blood and tears for Liverpool Football Club. That to me is my favourite Dirk moment.

As far as individul moments go, that youtube clip of him having a right laugh at Steve Bruce's expense with the "he's got a big fat head" chant has to be up there. Also the "game over" celebration at Hull after the trouble with Fat Sam.

Probably my favourite goals of his were the winner against Standard Liege, to have the presence of mind to get to the back stick and put out a hopeful boot, at the end of an arduous game where he'd ran himself into the ground was exceptional, and the goal against Spurs at White Hart Lane last season where he rifled one in from an impossible angle.

In short, I love Dirk.