You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Baconface mouthing off again.. what a cunt!

fowler9

Fergie can fuck off, Kennys_spell is correct about Marcheda. But with Curtis and Wallwork going on to become world-beaters after theie 6 week break maybe he has a point.

In hindsight maybe Liverpool and England did push Michael Owen too much at an early age but it was clearly a case of needs must with our lack of striking options at the time and Owen being one of Englands best strikers, even at 17/18

Which is exactly he what he said, is it not?

“I wouldn’t have done that but he was such a talent that Liverpool needed him in the team and then England needed him in the World Cup.”

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're having a party when Ferguson dies

jelly and ice cream when Ferguson dies

pass the parcel when Ferguson dies

strippers and whores when Ferguson dies

tail on the donkey when Ferguson dies

musical chairs when Ferguson dies

You sad bastard. Get a life

Michael Owen should have been awarded an extended holiday period by Liverpool following his exploits for an England Under-20 side before he was propelled into international super-stardom, according to Sir Alex Ferguson, who hints that the striker may have received different treatment had he been educated at Manchester United.

Ferguson's critique coincided with the club's tour of Malaysia, where Owen excelled in a 1997 tournament for the U-20's, he was immediately reintroduced to the Liverpool team upon his return to England, and then the following summer was afforded little break as he aided England's cause in the 1998 World Cup.

Ferguson is quoted by Sport as saying, “We had Ronnie Wallwork and John Curtis playing in that England Under-20 squad in Malaysia in 1997 and when they came back we gave them six weeks off. But Michael went straight into the Liverpool first team then a year later was playing in the World Cup for England.

“That was unfair to a young player to have that kind of strain and intensity one summer after another.”

“I wouldn’t have done that but he was such a talent that Liverpool needed him in the team and then England needed him in the World Cup.”

Ferguson then added that he fully expects Owen to repay the faith that the Scot has given him, and that he will silence his very vocal critics.

“Experience is vital and I know Michael will score a lot of goals for us.

“He will give us experience in the penalty box. That is what he has been great at for years.”

nothing to do with Ronnie Wallwork and John Curtis not being near good enough for first team then?!

dick head

Oh, who cares? The fact he's trotting out stuff like this just makes him look like an idiot - not to mention worried about us next season. Ignore it.

It's a truism that Owen appears to have been "ruined" by playing far too much football when a kid, especially when you consider what he achieved in his supposed "peak" years of 24-29.

ie fuck all.

But while it's obvious that Slur Alex "managed" young talent like Giggs, Scholes, Beckham exceptionally well, there's little or no point using Ronnie fucking Wallwork in any relevant comparison to one of the best young strikers in European football (at that time).

Owen played because he was that good. Yes, maybe he was slightly overplayed, but talent like that deserves the biggest stage, and we gave it to him. And he delivered.

Owen did play too much at a young age. (It is understandable given how good he was though).

Ferguson seems to be talking about us an awful lot these days. Rafa has his say in a measured way, using his written notes. Fergie keeps chirping on. Drip, drip, drip.

His one stated career aim - 'to knock them off their perch' - is in danger of not happening. We are on the up and have a young manager. He is almost retired and has just lost his most significant player. We will get to no.19 first and he will retire, tail between his legs.

I've not read any newspapers lately nor watched much TV. I trust the shear hypocrisy of his outburst against City has been duly seized upon and compared with what he said about Benitez disrespecting Everton by the hacks the length and breadth of the Country? It has hasn't it?

I've not read any newspapers lately nor watched much TV. I trust the shear hypocrisy of his outburst against City has been duly seized upon and compared with what he said about Benitez disrespecting Everton by the hacks the length and breadth of the Country? It has hasn't it?[/quote

Alas,no. It was just purely coincidental bad luck, that there happened to be far bigger and more newsworthy stories to cover at the time, i.e. Cattermole rumours about coming to us. Which is obviously are much more important. And God bless 'em for it.

i remember roy evans saying he should have rested owen more - he said something what i thought was quite cuntish along the lines of "Michael needs to be rested because he's so young and played so much, but it would take a very brave manager to rest him in his form. i'm not that brave. " ferguson is only stating the obvious, not sure why anyone is getting wound up about it.

I hate Ferguson as much as anyone on a professional sense but I certainly won't be having a party when he dies. That is just fucking sad.

I hope he lives till 100 myself. Just so he's still clinging on to power while having to suffer watching us dominate, while pissing his pants slurring;"Did yez naw see wha he did tae big Sam?" in twenty years time.

Michael Owen should have been awarded an extended holiday period by Liverpool following his exploits for an England Under-20 side before he was propelled into international super-stardom, according to Sir Alex Ferguson, who hints that the striker may have received different treatment had he been educated at Manchester United.

Ferguson's critique coincided with the club's tour of Malaysia, where Owen excelled in a 1997 tournament for the U-20's, he was immediately reintroduced to the Liverpool team upon his return to England, and then the following summer was afforded little break as he aided England's cause in the 1998 World Cup.

Ferguson is quoted by Sport as saying, “We had Ronnie Wallwork and John Curtis playing in that England Under-20 squad in Malaysia in 1997 and when they came back we gave them six weeks off. But Michael went straight into the Liverpool first team then a year later was playing in the World Cup for England.

“That was unfair to a young player to have that kind of strain and intensity one summer after another.”

Ferguson then added that he fully expects Owen to repay the faith that the Scot has given him, and that he will silence his very vocal critics.

“Experience is vital and I know Michael will score a lot of goals for us.

“He will give us experience in the penalty box. That is what he has been great at for years.”

nothing to do with Ronnie Wallwork and John Curtis not being near good enough for first team then?!

dick head

Who?