You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

True Blood

grazywalker

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Well it's only following the structure of the novels, I enjoyed season two although the finale was a slight let down.

It is and it is'nt cos the novels contain the same characters as do the tv series yet some parts are greatly exaggerated or underused. Maryanne from what i heard has a minor role in the book yet the show had a whole season with her in.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched both seasons of this in a few days, it got me so hooked.

I remember watching the very first episode when it came out and thinking it didn't look that good so I didn't watch after that but my mate raves about it so I decided to get them and I love it.

It's got a bit of everything really, it's very funny at times and then when they get serious it's great as well.

I think season 3 starts Sunday in the US.

I watched both seasons of this in a few days, it got me so hooked.

I remember watching the very first episode when it came out and thinking it didn't look that good so I didn't watch after that but my mate raves about it so I decided to get them and I love it.

It's got a bit of everything really, it's very funny at times and then when they get serious it's great as well.

I think season 3 starts Sunday in the US.

And its got lots of tits and sex in it. Always a winner.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It is and it is'nt cos the novels contain the same characters as do the tv series yet some parts are greatly exaggerated or underused. Maryanne from what i heard has a minor role in the book yet the show had a whole season with her in.

They follow the general storylines of the books, but quite a lot of the details have changed. Like Godric, Erics sire in series 2, in the books he isn't Erics sire ( who is a former Roman soldier ) and the reason he wants to kill himself is because he can't help himself killing children which he feels guilty about.

Also, in the books Elvis is a vampire called " Bubba " the story being there was a bit of life left in him when he was brought into the morgue and the morgue attendant, a vampire, was an Elvis fan so turned him. That is the cause of all the Elvis ' sightings ' around the USA; he also is a bit mental, only answers to Bubba and would rather kill and drink cats than humans.

Tara is also a very minor character in the books; not even being introduced until book 2. So, I think they will follow the books loosely for the plots of each series but there are loads of things different.

Looking forward to season 4. Enjoy both the books and tv show. She never seems to get mentioned but always found Pam a real Milf. Kristin Bauer looks pretty good for 45.

Keeps her clothes on in True Blod but previously played a stripper in Dancing at the Blue Iguana.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

• 3 weeks later...

Only got about 7 into season one before it got swerved for other stuff. Is it worth looking at any time soon?

Haven't read any of this thread, for obvious reasons, so might be asking for everything that's been said previously.