You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anybody had ghost/supernatural experiences?

The Golden Eel

A few years back I woke up during the night and couldn't move, I felt a cold arm wrap it's fingers around my neck and a very hot breath breathing down it.

I am not a fan of supernatural, ghosts or shit like that but that really put the shits up me

I wouldnt worry mate, that happens to me sometimes too. I think its when your brain shuts down your nervous system and and you begin to dream whilst you are still conscious. Or it was a paedophile...

A few years back I woke up during the night and couldn't move, I felt a cold arm wrap it's fingers around my neck and a very hot breath breathing down it.

I am not a fan of supernatural, ghosts or shit like that but that really put the shits up me

sounds like "old hag syndrome"

google it

I once went for a pint in a bar of Dale street. Got talking to this nice bloke who had a massive moustache. Anyway the funny thing is I woke up in bed naked the next morning and could remember nothing at all like my memory had been wiped.

I must have been for a curry though as my bottom was really sore.

I get the old hag (sleep paralysis) 3-4 times a year, it's by far the most distressing experience I've ever had.

I get it about once a year. But without any sort of old hag involved, just the paralysis. I thought the old hag part was peculiar to the Scandos?

I get the same dream about once a month where i am basically "frozen" in bed with something wrapped round me, it then drags me out of bed and in to my mums room where i am shouting at the top of my voice but nothing is coming out.

I get the same dream about once a month where i am basically "frozen"

frozen = hard

in bed with

something wrapped round me = penis

, it then drags me out of bed and in to

my mums room = oh dear!

where i am shouting at the top of my voice but

nothing is coming out= jaffa.

Freudian analysis =simples.

I get it about once a year. But without any sort of old hag involved, just the paralysis. I thought the old hag part was peculiar to the Scandos?

I've never had the old woman, twice I've had the sensation a young woman was trying to shag me or something, once she was trying to wake me up but kept putting her finger on her lips and tellig me to keep quiet. One started off like a sex dream but she started trying to squeeze me like that bird from Goldeneye, I remember getting quite shirty with her but I couldn't breath.

Mostly though it's just that I can't move, others it's just the sensation there's 'something' in the room or that you're in danger.

• 5 years later...

Sunday just gone the mrs wants to go to bed about half ten, so I went up with her and start watching a programme on my tablet next to her, which leads to her moaning that I'm keeping here awake. I've got two dogs so I went in the spare room with one and said I'd sleep there so I didn't wake her and left one dog in bed with her.

About 1am, I'd fell asleep and she wakes me up shouting me, really panicked. I run into her room and she's going " someone is in here with me, the dog has just woken up and is growling at the corner of the room " so I turn the lights on, check it out and, as expected, the room is empty. She then makes me walk round every room in the house, whilst she follows behind me with my baseball bat, to check no one is there.

House is empty except for us so I calm her down and she goes back to bed and I head to the spare room again. 5 minutes later there are screams coming from there, so I go in again and she's proper terrified saying a voice was whispering down her ear. She couldn't make out what it was saying, it was just speaking really low. Again, I prove there is nothing in the room but she just won't have it.

I'm getting agita over how the fucking house is haunted now. I'll see how she gets on when I'm in the pub with my mates tonight and she's stuck in on her own.

Sunday just gone the mrs wants to go to bed about half ten, so I went up with her and start watching a programme on my tablet next to her, which leads to her moaning that I'm keeping here awake. I've got two dogs so I went in the spare room with one and said I'd sleep there so I didn't wake her and left one dog in bed with her.

About 1am, I'd fell asleep and she wakes me up shouting me, really panicked. I run into her room and she's going " someone is in here with me, the dog has just woken up and is growling at the corner of the room " so I turn the lights on, check it out and, as expected, the room is empty. She then makes me walk round every room in the house, whilst she follows behind me with my baseball bat, to check no one is there.

House is empty except for us so I calm her down and she goes back to bed and I head to the spare room again. 5 minutes later there are screams coming from there, so I go in again and she's proper terrified saying a voice was whispering down her ear. She couldn't make out what it was saying, it was just speaking really low. Again, I prove there is nothing in the room but she just won't have it.

I'm getting agita over how the fucking house is haunted now. I'll see how she gets on when I'm in the pub with my mates tonight and she's stuck in on her own.

Buy her a mouse trap.

I once went for a shit and it felt huge when exiting my arse. There was a loud splash as it hit the water and I stood to admire my work but was shocked to see an empty toilet. I wiped my arse and again was met with nothing but clean paper. It shocked me to the core and left me questioning everything I'd ever known.

It was either a haunted shit or Aliens.

Having re-read that story, this might be a long shot but did you leave the tablet in the room with the programme still playing?

Exactly what I thought.  His Missus thinks Stephen Hawking is called Stephen Hopkins and has a career as a film director though, so the likelihood of it having been a fox outside or the wind is pretty high.

Im sure a tablet is not standing in the corner as he described. Put the tin foil hat on again and the voices go away.

My father and grandfather are used to seen all kinds of shit, thankfully i dont, but they say that these things never hurt you. They never seen the poltergeist movie thats for sure.

The way I think about it is that humans have 5 senses. Sight and hearing are the main senses when it comes to this sort of ghost story shit. Humans range of sense is pretty poor in terms of sight as we can only see from red to violet. A very narrow spectrum. When this is coupled with a range of hearing that is also pretty narrow it becomes possible to miss things. Its been proven by science that not everything exists in visible light. Humans can only see things that operate within visible light - thats why you can't see radio waves or your TV remotes ray hitting the TV box. So, if say for instance, something is pretty much next to you thats not operating within visible light then you not be able to see it and if its range of audible frequency is outside your range of hearing, you won't be able to hear shit either. I am convinced thats why dogs and cats are the first to notice these things as their senses have more range. 

People discount ghost stories and aliens and all that. I just reckon there are 'other things' other than humans sharing space time with us outside light. Different dimensions and shit innit. Everything vibrates at a frequency within the universe - the higher up the vibrational scale things go the less humans can probably see or understand. When humans start to vibrate at higher frequencies then the universe will start to open up for you. 

All IMO of course. 

• Upvote 1

The way I think about it is that humans have 5 senses. Sight and hearing are the main senses when it comes to this sort of ghost story shit. Humans range of sense is pretty poor in terms of sight as we can only see from red to violet. A very narrow spectrum. When this is coupled with a range of hearing that is also pretty narrow it becomes possible to miss things. Its been proven by science that not everything exists in visible light. Humans can only see things that operate within visible light - thats why you can't see radio waves or your TV remotes ray hitting the TV box. So, if say for instance, something is pretty much next to you thats not operating within visible light then you not be able to see it and if its range of audible frequency is outside your range of hearing, you won't be able to hear shit either. I am convinced thats why dogs and cats are the first to notice these things as their senses have more range. 

People discount ghost stories and aliens and all that. I just reckon there are 'other things' other than humans sharing space time with us outside light. Different dimensions and shit innit. Everything vibrates at a frequency within the universe - the higher up the vibrational scale things go the less humans can probably see or understand. When humans start to vibrate at higher frequencies then the universe will start to open up for you. 

All IMO of course. 

Is there not any tests that can be done on cats and dogs to see exactly what they are able to pick up in their sight and sound? I like your opinion, it makes a lot of sense.

My mostly sane missus is now talking to a Portuguese ghost every Sunday evening on the internet. This week he told her, and the other gullible women in the online meeting, that they should buy themselves a present as they deserve it.

My plan is to contact the people who run these online seances and offer them cash to announce that giving daily blowjobs is the path to true happiness

My mostly sane missus is now talking to a Portuguese ghost every Sunday evening on the internet. This week he told her, and the other gullible women in the online meeting, that they should buy themselves a present as they deserve it.

My plan is to contact the people who run these online seances and offer them cash to announce that giving daily blowjobs is the path to true happiness

Mostly sane but taking advice from an online ghost? I don't understand that at all.

Don't believe in ghosts, but little things can play on your mind that effect you. A bloke died in my dad's house a few years ago, in a room that's right at the end of a long and narrow hallway. Whenever I visit, my dad turns the light off at that end at night, and the main hall light down to the lowest point on a dimmer. Even though I know there's nothing there, when I go for a slash in the middle of the night and have to turn my back on the dark hallway to get back to my room I always seem to end up walking faster and humming loudly.

Mostly sane but taking advice from an online ghost? I don't understand that at all.

She's one of the most intelligent people I've ever met but she sees no contradiction in being a catholic and reincarnation being a fact (the Pope's a man and hasn't got his head around truth). She believes in witchcraft, ghosts and the magical properties of various bits of rock. She believes that she and her friends sometimes communicate via dreams and that the universe is so mysterious that evolution might be a distraction to confuse men. She believes that when I die, my first words will be "fuck, Ildi was right" and that we will meet again in a next life but I will be the woman and that this will basically be a punishment for me.

Seriously, she is brighter than anyone on this forum but some of the shit she believes in is just mad

When you label things 'ghosts' and 'spirits' thats when people start saying the don't believe in things and get freaked out, because they start conjuring up images of their dead uncle Fred. When you think about things scientifically like things operating outside your incredible poor range of sense then it becomes more plausible. Like when you die, you might just go to the next level of vibration. And then maybe your senses can see things more clearer like looking back into this life to see your friends and stuff still slogging away. And maybe like in the film Ghost you can make a bit of contact with your loved ones. Or maybe its just another thing thats vibrating outside your frequency. Weird thinking about this stuff