You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LIVERPOOL INTERESTED IN CROATIAN YOUNGSTER

The Party Boy

LIVERPOOL INTERESTED IN CROATIAN YOUNGSTER

Liverpool are said to be chasing Croatia Zagreb’s highly rated youngster, Goran Jnot, just turned 17.

The youngster has been watched several times by members of the Anfield scouting system and newspaper sources in Croatia say that under fire Anfield supremo, Gerard Houllier is likely to swoop for the teenager in January’s transfer window before too many other clubs become aware of his availability.

Barcelona and Milan are also said to be in the running for the highly rated youngster.

Jnot, a forward hasn’t yet played for Zagreb’s first team, but experts have already put pressure on him by labelling him the new Davor Suker. A tall, gangly player with sublime skills and vision and an eye for goal.

He was spotted by Liverpool scouts in last year’s U18 competition in Vienna and although he is reported to be a keen follower of Manchester United, sources have apparently told the French manager that the young star would consider moving to their rivals at the other end of the East Lancs Road if an offer was made.

Manchester United had a young Croatian on trial during the war in Croatia. His mother rang him and said "Son, please come home. Your grandparents have been murdered, the house has been burned down and your sisters have been raped".

He replied "I told you not to move to Manchester mum!!".

Guest engleski_ivan

I immigrated to Quebec in 1995 so I have not heard of this person Goran Jnot. I will email my cousin who lives in Karlovac and find out. He used to play football and he lives close to Zagreb so he may know about him.

Mr. Hermes,

I do not appreciate these comments you make. I lost many friends and family and I find it offensive that you said these things.

I could be wrong, but I swear I saw that kid on the early morning sports show "Trans World Sport". My memory is going fast (aprt from forgetting EH's miss against the Mancs :sniff: ), but I do remeber a feature on a young Croat player who was being viewed as one of the biggest talents to come out of Eastern Europe for some time.

Like I say, could be wrong, butthe lad was doing all sorts of mad "keepy-uppy" shit - a bit like Scott Parker for McDonalds.

Would it be worth signing yet another "one for the future" though? :whistle:

I remember seeing him play against Ireland a couple of years ago in a friendly before the senior international. It was a schoolboy game in my local town - Castlesheeben. He was only 15 at the time, but looked to have something about him.

He didn't play as an out-and-out striker, but rather in what the Croatians call the nine-and-a-half position. He linked up the midfield and attack really well and was good in the air too.

Hope we get him.

exactly, or a young biscan!

saying that, judgin by his profile (despite the first team league appearances column being 0!) he sounds a bit too good to be true!

wouldnt mind taking the chance and throwing him in the academy/reserves though!

Gotta love the "croatian zidane position" quote though!!!!!

we have got a new zidane already!!!

True mate, but I don't think this lad would cost as much. He's being talked about in the £2-3 million category. That's not much to pay for someone who's spoken about in such glowing terms.

Just like we got FSP and ALT before everyone else woke up to them after the World Youth Championsips, I think GH has got ahead of the posse again.

Igor wasn't bad in midfield a couple of years back (remember the 4-0 versus Arse).

We desperately need more creativity and that's why this lad would be a great signing.

'We have got a new zidane already'!!!

We've got three actually. :rule: Cheyrou, Kewell and I think ALT was once described as the new zidane (though to be fair not by Houllier). Diao is the new Vieira and Ged once compared Murphy to Platini :what:

How we haven't won the league yet is beyond me. O_o

Originally posted by Rushian

Remember Biscan was captain of Dynamo Zagreb and already a regular with his country. Everything I've read of this lad suggests he'll be a superb player - heard him called the Hagi of the Dalmatians by some.

Carpathians surely. 101 Dalmatians was a fairy-tale. Make-believe. ;)