You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arrogant, mendacious duplictious twat calls City arrogant

Kevin D

Joking? - not really. Yes Arsenal are prob 4th of the 4 but they have good players, a good manager and a good style of play plus players like Rosicky and Eduardo coming back and a lot of their youngsters look good. Also Ade had a stinking attitude for much of last season (in fact for most of his life) and many Gooners seem glad to be shut of him - I know I would be if he played for us. They do need a 'leader' as since losing Sol, Viera, Henry ...etc they have lacked that as Fabregas whilst a good player does not have what it takes yet to be that leader. Another point is that they now have money following the Ade sale and so should bring new talent in. That in my humble opinion is the state of Arsenal football club at present not that I'm really bothered but I do think they are better than City as MCFC will be a team of individuals playing for the money and their defence is still rubbish and if they sign Lescott that will not improve it any imo.

Anyway getting back to Arsenal - despite their plus points as listed above I think the other 2 and especially us are better than them and I think that will be shown during the season, but i wouldn't rule them out.

I so hope we dont lose Xabi as even if we use the money to buy Silva as is rumoured that does not replace the class that is Xabi Alonso - what mustn't happen is like happened with RK and MO years ago - that we hang on to them and then sell them in the last throes of the window and so have no time to use the money. If we do sell XA or Masch for me it has to be in the next week or so or not at all.

I think the exact opposite.

If City sign Lescott, then they'll have bought a very good player(albiet as ugly as Tevez).

If Arsenal don't spend their cash on some steel in the midfield, I think City, or Villa, or Everton even... could pip them to 4th place.

If I was a gooner supporter... I would be VERY worried because losing Toure for this Belgium kid and just losing Abadabadoo(who has a shit attitude but scores 20 goals a season for the club) is going to be a blow.

They have no leader, and no midfield steel.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness to Shittyarse, this WAS a small time act!

They are bitter, small minded, obnoxious twats who are no better than the Geordies. The hypocrisy stinks obviously, but it's Ferguson and around about this time of the year he ususally gets given carte blanch to inform the world of his enlightened views on the premiership.

We KNOW we got to them last year, and we know they are scared stiff of us, no matter what the sycophants in the media say they are bricking it big time.

MUFC = LFC without the trophies (just!), wit or the class,(in other words they play in Red too).

MCFC = EFC with money.

Over the last 20 years Everton have been far more successful than Man Shitty.

In that they've won stuff and qualified for Europe and reached some major finals.

Shitty have done fuck all.

This is entirely predictable from Ferguson. Abusive to those he sees as a threat and patronising to those he doesn't. As mentioned above, I would like to see Benitez just rise above it all this season.

And just let Kenny deal with this cunt.

Now Benitez is confident with his English and his squad the mind games will go into overdrive, he was not a quiet chap in Spain.

People thought he was a humble, quiet man when he got here but he was waiting for his time.

There is no way he will keep quiet, he will play the game and if we are on top the abuse he directs to fergie will increase even more.

I think the exact opposite.

If City sign Lescott, then they'll have bought a very good player(albiet as ugly as Tevez).

If Arsenal don't spend their cash on some steel in the midfield, I think City, or Villa, or Everton even... could pip them to 4th place.

If I was a gooner supporter... I would be VERY worried because losing Toure for this Belgium kid and just losing Abadabadoo(who has a shit attitude but scores 20 goals a season for the club) is going to be a blow.

They have no leader, and no midfield steel.

Well its all about opinions isn't it - you may be right, I may be - we'll see.

I definitely disagree with you about Lescott tho - imo Jagielka is the star man at Everton not Lescott and if MCFC want a defender thats who they should go for.

But realy we should concentrate on Liverpool shouldn't we - I have been told on other forums when I go on and on about Ferguson for instance (as I have strong views on the man shall we say) that its wasted energy and that we should concentrate on our team altho of course as football fans we will also have opinions about other teams.

Now Benitez is confident with his English and his squad the mind games will go into overdrive, he was not a quiet chap in Spain.

People thought he was a humble, quiet man when he got here but he was waiting for his time.

There is no way he will keep quiet, he will play the game and if we are on top the abuse he directs to fergie will increase even more.

I'd rather he just kept quiet and the last time he 'played the game' it didn't work out very well.

I think Jagielka is better, as well, but he's out for a while. Lescott is solid, and offers a left back option as well.

He also scores a fair few goals with that ugly, watermelon head of his...

It's wierd to think that if City get Toure and Lescott and have a good season they could actually end up fourth. I know they might not do but with Everton being weaker with no Lescott and Jagielka, (for however long he's out.) and Arsenal with an even weaker midfield it's possible. I don't know what Wenger is doing there but if anything happens to Fabregas next season they could be in proper shit if they don't get that midfield sorted.

And Slur is only going on like that because he's getting worried about them, surely. If he says stuff like that it just seems so obvious he's wound up. I bet he's gutted though with us coming back and City on the up aswell.

I'd rather he just kept quiet and the last time he 'played the game' it didn't work out very well.

Theres so much crap written about this it annoys me - I expect crap from some parts of the media but not from our own supporters.

All Rafa did was to say publically what we all know about Slur, what most ex referees and journalists have experienced thru the years from the worst bully in football, he did not 'rant' he did not lie and what he said was not the reason why we failed to score away to Stoke and to win in other games soon afterwards. It was not 'mind games' it was standing up for our club which I would have thought the manager was entitled to do. I wouldn't rather he kept quiet, I want him to sometimes put the man in his place, not regularly not in the immediate aftermath of a game when tempers may be fraught but in calm ways to point out the facts in a press conference I do not have a problem with it. If the media choose to twist it that is not Rafas fault.

The reason he did it as we all know was cos too many people in football bow down and worship the ground Slur stands on, we at LFC do not do that altho yes we would be stupid not to admit that his team have done well over the years playing some decent football due to some good management on his part aided by lots of money and regular 76K gates compared to our 43K. Sadly tho too few others are prepared to stand up to Slur bully, even amazingly on the BBC who the man will not even speak to cos they too in the past tried to tell the truth about him.

I know earlier in the thread I said I ought to concentrate on LFC and not on Slur but I could not resist it - sorry!!

Was fucking hilarious this, imagine if Rafa has said that about the shite? One rule for him...

Should be funny next season, although I still think Hughes will be the first manager to get the boot.

Yeah, there'd be a public fucking outcry if Rafa had done it.

Hughes might last at least longer than the first manager next season aswell if his side learns to play together enough. I just think next season will be the first one that they properly arrive in. They've gone out and changed their squad a lot pretty fast this window, and it could really pay off if they have a strong enough defence by the time the season starts.

They finished 10th and 22 points behind Arsenal, and when you add their own Toure and Adebayor, (and they might have actually thought about that a bit.) Barry, Tevez, Santa Cruz and whoever else they sign, that gap could get a way smaller. But yeah...still not fully convinced they'll break into the top 4, maybe because it's just seems too wierd.

Was fucking hilarious this, imagine if Rafa has said that about the shite? One rule for him...

Should be funny next season, although I still think Hughes will be the first manager to get the boot.

We would love it Rafa said it about the shite, and Rafa DOES talk about other teams. Rafa was the first this summer to talk about mercenaries at City with his attack on Gareth Barry. I love the new Rafa in that respect.

Ive seen the poster he's on about. Its just off the deansgate in manchester and its fucking hilarious - its not small either.

It is a right royal piss take but a little underhand and cheeky but cos its united its funny.

Now if Everton did that to us i'd be fuming.

Ive seen the poster he's on about. Its just off the deansgate in manchester and its fucking hilarious - its not small either.

It is a right royal piss take but a little underhand and cheeky but cos its united its funny.

How could they?

"Welcome to Liverpool"

Haha, see that lid? Welcome to Liver.....oh.

How could Everton do it to us?

And for all you Brits too stupid not to know your geography, the sign "Welcome to Manchester" is mainly because Trafford is considered by many not to be in Manchester.

Can't believe a person from Malta had to spell it out to you.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the theatre of shite in the city of Salford,making City the only club in Manchester.

Yep thats correct.The citeh fans have been ramming it down the united fans throats for years.

I'll have to forgive you then. It's not.

Just like how Stamford bridge is in Fulham not Chelsea

To clarify this for the benefit of the geographically challenged and any other interested parties, Old Trafford (the clue is in the name) isn't in Manchester or Salford. It's in Trafford, specifically in Stretford. Manchester, Salford and Trafford are entirely separate entities; Manchester and Salford are cities whilst Trafford is a neighbouring Borough, although they're all within Greater Manchester. Stretford is a town within the Borough of Trafford.

I walk past the Tevez poster on the way to work. None of the pictures in this thread show just how big the thing actually is, this is a far better shot of it:

tevezboard1.jpg

Bear in mind that this is on one of the busiest roads in Manchester, although it's quiet in this picture due to roadworks further down Deansgate. Highly amusing.

Sir Alex's nod to Nancy Mitford | Marina Hyde | Football | The Guardian

"To the gilded corridors of the Premier League, where the etiquette is so rarefied it makes the court of Louis Quatorze look like a free-for-all. This week's lesson in protocol came from Sir Alex Ferguson, who was once again moved to explain the difference between Man U and Man non-U, as Manchester City must henceforth be known.

Asked to give his reaction to the City ad campaign picturing Carlos Tevez above the words "Welcome to Manchester", the league's Nancy Mitford obliged. "It's City, isn't it?" he inquired in that clipped Govan drawl. "They are a small club with a small mentality… That arrogance will be rewarded. It is very poor stuff." With the graciousness that only true breeding can confer, the Manchester United manager stopped shy of remarking that the Eastlands parvenus kept their coals in their baths and referred to napkins as serviettes. But confusion was already unleashed.

After all, it was only in April that Sir Alex was sneering so waspishly at those who talked about "small clubs" that you would have thought the expression was almost as ghastly as saying toilet, or "pleased to meet you" instead of "how d'you do?" "Everton are a big club," he declared after some comment by Liverpool boss Rafa Benítez, "not a small one which Benítez arrogantly said."

So now the hanky has again been pressed to Ferguson's retroussé nose, it's easy to feel muddled. And with an exciting new season of referee-baiting, "mind games", and the odd bit of football almost upon us, the last thing any of us would wish is to be unclear on The Rules.

Because make no mistake, these etiquette breaches can be desperately damaging, despite taking place amongst chaps who are at pains to emphasise their toughness. Think of Sam Allardyce, who last season bleated that he'd found some perceived action of the Liverpool manager's "disrespectful to me and quite humiliating". (Poor darling Big Sam, who on a previously tired-and-emotional occasion explained to me that women know nothing about sport, before embarking on a peroration in which he appeared to be under the impression that Shane Warne bowled off-spin. But as the Big Lebowski opined, strong men also cry. Strong men … also cry.)

Then of course there is the recalibration necessitated by City's becoming nouveau riche, as they make previous League arrivistes Chelsea look like a club that hasn't had to buy its own furniture. And of even more pressing concern to those of us who insist on things being done properly are the new teams, those Premier League debutantes being presented at the court of the Big Four, and whose failure to know which knife to use to stab their manager in the back after a disastrous start would be excruciating in the extreme.

The solution is clear: the FA must produce a Premier League etiquette guide. Might I suggest a variation of the classic Frost Report sketch on class, which starred John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett – but which might with only a little effort be adapted as an instructional video starring Ferguson, Mark Hughes, and perhaps Burnley's Owen Coyle, wearing respectively the bowler hat, pork pie hat, and cloth cap.

Ferguson I look down on him [indicates Hughes] because I am a big club.

Hughes I look up to him [Ferguson] because he is a big club; but I look down on him [Coyle].

Coyle I know my place. I look up to them both. But I don't look up to him [Hughes] as much as I look up to him [Ferguson], because he has got innate breeding.

Ferguson I have got innate breeding, but I have not got as much money as him [Hughes].

Hughes I still look up to him [Ferguson] because although I have money, I am vulgar. But I still look down on him [Coyle].

Coyle I know my place. I look up to them both; but while I am poor, I am honest, industrious and trustworthy.

Hughes We all know our place, but what do we get out of it?

Ferguson I get a feeling of superiority over them.

Hughes I get a feeling of inferiority from him, [Ferguson], but a feeling of superiority over him [Coyle].

Coyle I get a pain in the back of my neck.

Well quite. The FA is urged to rush this one out, or face complete social breakdown by Christmas.

To clarify this for the benefit of the geographically challenged and any other interested parties, Old Trafford (the clue is in the name) isn't in Manchester or Salford. It's in Trafford, specifically in Stretford. Manchester, Salford and Trafford are entirely separate entities; Manchester and Salford are cities whilst Trafford is a neighbouring Borough, although they're all within Greater Manchester. Stretford is a town within the Borough of Trafford.

I walk past the Tevez poster on the way to work. None of the pictures in this thread show just how big the thing actually is, this is a far better shot of it:

tevezboard1.jpg

Bear in mind that this is on one of the busiest roads in Manchester, although it's quiet in this picture due to roadworks further down Deansgate. Highly amusing.

Raining as usual.

tevezboard1.jpg

God that city looks ugly!