You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

great names

moxter

A mate of mine is called Richard Michael Hunt. Abbreviate his first two names in the accepted style and say it all really fast. His dad had a wicked sense of humour and this name was a factor in his divorce from my mate's mum.

In the hospital system in North Queensland, we had a patient called Venus Whaleboat (aged 80+).

Saw lots of really pretentious spelling of common names. one that I remember (with a shudder) was M'lissa.

The best band name I can remember were a punk (of course) band called Flash Bugger and the Posers from Birkenhead in the late 70s

A shift mÀnager at work is called John Lewis

As is my brother. Albeit spelt Jon.

I also have a cousin James Bond. Whose Dad was also James Bond so should have known better.

I have met someone called The Lord Jesus Christ I Am, an Elvis Presley, Axl Rose who was also formerly Jon Bon Jovi. All those were self inflicted and met via an old job in Brum.

Had a guy in the navy who's name was james bond, they fudged his paperwork around to have his service number end in 007. In those days you had to say them to get your pay.

Did a course once with a guy called Mike Hunt and a girl called Adcock. Fair bit of laughter when the page "mike hunt adcock office" was done.

• 6 months later...
What about the f********r Enoch Showunmi thats a belter

Regardless of what this gentleman does for a living, it does tickle me that in London in 1982, Mr & Mrs Showunmi decided that they would like their baby to share a name with the UK's most prominent racist.

Forsooth, his balls doth shine like the Sun

Humphrey Goldenbollocks | Domesday Book

So, William the Conqueror comes in and takes the place over. He sends his henchmen out to do a national census, so he knows who to tax and who to call up for military service. One of the surveyors knocks on your door and asks your name. What do you say?

So, William the Conqueror comes in and takes the place over. He sends his henchmen out to do a national census, so he knows who to tax and who to call up for military service. One of the surveyors knocks on your door and asks your name. What do you say?

"SimonlfcGreen Sire!".

I wouldn't say anything. I'd just pull a mongface and gurgle.

edit: as above.

So' date=' William the Conqueror comes in and takes the place over. He sends his henchmen out to do a national census, so he knows who to tax and who to call up for military service. One of the surveyors knocks on your door and asks your name. What do you say?[/quote']

Put a pair of undies on my head, stick a pencil up each nostril and shout 'wibble.'

• 3 years later...