You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beardsley vs. Benayoun

fin-bat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Yossi becomes half the player Beardlsey was i will be delighted. Yossi is a quality player and had a great end to last season but he is not a starter.

Rafa used him in the Aimar role last year and managed to just about keep him happyuntil the new year and then he unleashed him and i wonder if he will again this season?

If Yossi becomes half the player Beardlsey was i will be delighted. Yossi is a quality player and had a great end to last season but he is not a starter.

Rafa used him in the Aimar role last year and managed to just about keep him happyuntil the new year and then he unleashed him and i wonder if he will again this season?

This again?

A strategy involving not using the player for the first half of a season?

Are you mental?

Just about kept him happy? Benayoun was fucking dogshit and/or injured that's why he didn't play much until after Xmas.

Rafa has mentioned it in interviews and it has been mentioned and referred to in various books about Rafa, us and Valencia. Yossi was bench warming until after xmas. Rafa likes to save a flair player for later on in the season so they attack tired legs of the opposition.

He did it with Aimar and he didn't like it much.

• 1 month later...
I don't follow La Liga closely enough to know but why can't Silva get ahead of Riera in the Spanish line-up if he's so good?

Genuine question.

Is Silva fully fit? Maybe Riera just seems to work well in their side at the moment so the manager has stuck with him. Would be interesting to know though.

Guest ShoePiss
Personally if Yossi was in a side as good as the one Beardsley was in, I think the comparison would stand up pretty well. He seems to possess some very similar attributes although isn't as lethal as Pe'uh

Nonsense, I'm guessing you saw close to nothing of Beardsley at Liverpool. Beardsley looked class in shit teams as well as when he was surrounded by great players at Liverpool.

Yossi is playing very well but it was a stupid comparison then and still is now.

Nonsense, I'm guessing you saw close to nothing of Beardsley at Liverpool. Beardsley looked class in shit teams as well as when he was surrounded by great players at Liverpool.

Yossi is playing very well but it was a stupid comparison then and still is now.

To be fair stumpy, i'm sure the comparisons are because of the way they both dance around the edge of the box like a pair of twinkle-toed girlies.

Good players like.

Well you guess wrong.

Beardsley wasn't overrated, he was fucking brilliant. If anything, he was underrated because he was in the same side as Barnes and Rush.

I think it's a reasonable comparison between him and Yossi to be honest. Yossi hasn't won as much, but then nor has Gerrard and pretty much everyone agrees that he's our best ever play bar possibly Dalglish.

Guest ShoePiss
Beardsley wasn't overrated, he was fucking brilliant. If anything, he was underrated because he was in the same side as Barnes and Rush.

I think it's a reasonable comparison between him and Yossi to be honest. Yossi hasn't won as much, but then nor has Gerrard and pretty much everyone agrees that he's our best ever play bar possibly Dalglish.

For me it's not even about what either player have won, Beardsley was class at Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle again. He looked brilliant in really shit teams and the best in Europe. Yossi just isn't on that level, playing as great as he is now.

I agree that Beardsley was often underrated...