You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd and Work permits

rebel23

How come Man Utd can get work permits so easily? another player they've signed will need a work permit but he is "expected" to get it and complete his move, why?

Mame Biram Diouf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No appearences for his national team.

they also managed to get one for Tosic in January (he's from Serbia) who is also not a full international

the work permit rules are clear and say they have to play 70% of their National team's games over a 2 year period. Does anyone remember the shit we had with Gonzalez and Leto? So how come Man Utd can get them so easily, have they corrupted the Work Permit system?

Man Utd have links with a club in Belgium who they loan players out to which probably helps. And if he's from Senegal, he may have a French passport as a lot of North African players do. Don't know the full ins and outs though.

And to be fair, we probably didn't do our future chances much good by making such a big deal about Gonzalez (The best player in Chile) and appealing the decision only for that signing to fail and him end up being sold after a year.

Man Utd have links with a club in Belgium who they loan players out to which probably helps. And if he's from Senegal, he may have a French passport as a lot of North African players do. Don't know the full ins and outs though.

And to be fair, we probably didn't do our future chances much good by making such a big deal about Gonzalez (The best player in Chile) and appealing the decision only for that signing to fail and him end up being sold after a year.

So a bit like Chumba-Wumba, Kleberson etc for them, who werefull internationals but a load of crap.

doesn't matter whether they fail or not, we went through hoops with Gonzalez who was a full international and Leto couldn't get one at all, this guy and Tosic are exactly the same i.e they're not full internationals but have been able to secure work permits (or are expected to)

it seems to me the system is corrupted in Man Utd's favour.

All I meant was that we banged on about what a star he would be etc. Next time we need to appeal they can just turn around and say "Ah, but you said that about Gonzalez"

I don't know anything about the Manc's players, but Kleberson would qualify straight away as he was a full Brazilian international and was in their world cup winning squad wasn't he? And Tosic cost about £50m (Or maybe £10m) which is probably a better indicator of his potential than the £2m or £3m we spent on Gonzalez and Leto.

They probably do have people in the work permit office getting bummed by David Gill and his cronies and more than a few cogs probably get greased though.

All I meant was that we banged on about what a star he would be etc. Next time we need to appeal they can just turn around and say "Ah, but you said that about Gonzalez"

I don't know anything about the Manc's players, but Kleberson would qualify straight away as he was a full Brazilian international and was in their world cup winning squad wasn't he? And Tosic cost about £50m (Or maybe £10m) which is probably a better indicator of his potential than the £2m or £3m we spent on Gonzalez and Leto.

They probably do have people in the work permit office getting bummed by David Gill and his cronies and more than a few cogs probably get greased though.

that's outrageous, all cases are dealt with on their own merits. You said you dont know anything about the mancs players yet you feel like you want to comment? Tosic £50m? what planet are you living on?

I`m not sure Diouf will get his work permit straight away, thats one of the reasons he will not move before the end of the season.

His club Molde are second at the moment, a few points behind Rosenborg and he is top scorer in the league halfway through.

If he can finish top scorer and Molde finish in first or second place because of it he might be considered under the "exceptional talent" rule, but he has not played for Senegals first team yet and they are behind where Chile found themselves when we struggled with Gonzales.

From what I have heard there is a possibility he will be loaned out to another club after Christmas, but nothings certain yet.

I don't mind. He'll be a huge flop. Although he's scored 12 goals (four of which came in the last game) this season in Norway he's know for his ability to miss the easiest chances and the step up to the PL might be too long for him. I can definitely see him as a Forlan 2.0 or a Macheda 2.0.

What I don't understand is that English journos whom most of them haven't seen him play are praising Ferguson for this transfer because he allagedly snapping him up from Wenger and Arsenal, whom there was a rumour about Diouf joining last year, in a transfer which happened without him even seeing him play, but was recommended by Solskjaer which is the business partner of the player's agent Jim Solbakken.

This Diouf fellow was on Norwegian telly just now. The reporter suggested that he'd marry his Norwegian girlfriend in order to obtain the work permit, after then being made a Norwegian citizen. Good to see the journos of unitedland so eager to help. Naturally, the young man didn't quite know what to answer to the question "What would you rather do, play enough internationals for Senegal, or get married?".

Guest simon
You watch Norwegian football, Simon?

No i checked youtube ha ha there is not 1 bad vid of him looking at them even though it is youtube he looks bloody class.

This Diouf fellow was on Norwegian telly just now. The reporter suggested that he'd marry his Norwegian girlfriend in order to obtain the work permit, after then being made a Norwegian citizen. Good to see the journos of unitedland so eager to help. Naturally, the young man didn't quite know what to answer to the question "What would you rather do, play enough internationals for Senegal, or get married?".

The he laughed and said I dont know.