You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Citeh sign Adebayor

Steve Holt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can sign every forward going if they want but there's only one striker in the history of football, one true real striker in the conclusion drawn up by the very sense of the word: his name is Jan Age Fjrtoft. ANd they can't have him.

Haha I have played with and against Jan Åge Fjørtoft on more than one occasion actually.

When he was back home on summer holiday when he played in the PL he used to train with us to keep his fitness levels up.

Sound guy.

Neither Barry, Tevez or Adebayor would get into our current firxt XI. There is your difference.

Tevez would walk into it, but that's moot anyway because there's no point comparing the players City are going for with our targets as we're in the market for different things: we're fine tuning and they're trying to make wholesale and rapid improvements. The players they've signed and also targeted are exactly what they need, in my view. Come May next year, we'll see just how appropriate they were. I've no doubt they'll have a few teething problems at some point next season (probably at the start, but maybe in mid-season). However, I fully expect them to finish in the top four and then go for the real world class talent next summer when they can add the lure of CL football to that of the swollen bank balances already on offer.

They are Man City, they will always be Man City, end of.

The top order of football's elite is full, its been full for decades, its why Chelsea despite success will never be bigger than us or the Mancs.

It takes decades not some rich bloke, look at Blackburn, that lasted didnt it?

birds_201.gif

sometimes you just sit down and think to yourself... are these guys retarded? i mean why the blutty hell would you get so many strikers when your defence is so fucking shit... i think it will all implode for them this year if they dont manage to sign some decent defenders

Its amazing, last summer they didn't want to accept 30mil for him cos he was so good, this year they couldn't wait to see him fucked off. Now they have one striker who isn't constantly injured in Bendtner. He just happens to be THE shittest striker in the league. Are they mental??

15 goals in 45 appearances last season. Not bad for a 21 year old 4th choice striker.

Just goes to show that the most important person at a football club is the manager. Said many times that Hughes, although good at what he does, is not the right man for what that club has become. He'll just keep spunking money on players purely because he can, but will have no idea how to mold them into a unit or indeed - handle their egos. You'll find most have no respect for him, and soon the arseholes they already had in their squad like Richards will start knocking on the door for a payrise.

In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and say Hughes will be the first managerial casualty of the season.

Becasuse as Paulie says in The Sopranos: "If you gave this guy a golf club, he'd probably try and fuck it."

City really are starting to stock up on players!

Considering they're not in Europe either, they are only going to have one game a week most weeks, which means either rotating players but struggling to keep them match fit, or keeping the same eleven and pissing a lot of people off!

I saw an Interview with Bellamy today, talking about how he's determined to fight for his place, when surely he won't even make the bench half the time! He'd actually be more likely to get a game for us if he were here now!

For all the players they have, Robinho is the only one who's good enough for us, and he certainly isn't a Rafa type of player and would probably only last one season here before being shipped out.

Arsenal haven't been mentioned much in relation to Adebayor's move, which is surprising given they are the most vulnerable of the top 4. Their squad has been weakened by the sale but with £20m to spend on a replacement I'm sure they'll bring in someone better.

They could still have a fight on their hands for 4th place though, as Wenger seems set against bringing in the type of players they are desperate for. City are going for it big time and I reckon this could be the season that Arsenal drop out of the top 4 unless they make a few quality signings over the next month or so.

If Eduardo gets back to full fitness and Van Persie can manage to stay fit for more than 2 weeks then I think they'll be fine, even without spending big money on a new striker.

Vela may also play more games this season too.

But if Wenger has money to spend then I think he'd be stupid not to. He keeps talking about tomorrow and how his team is growing, but this has been the case for 3 years. £20m would give him an established, proven player - like Arshavin was - but I bet he'll end up signing a couple of teenagers from Mexico instead.

Lacks composure, misses a Heskeyian amount of chances, has the temperment of an infant and insists on doing stupid dances upon the odd time he does actually score; Wenger has played a blinder here.[/QUOTE]

It's a fantastic piece of business for Arsenal, though they probably won't spend the money on the Mascherano/Cambiasso type player they need.

I still reckon they'll easily pip City to fourth this season.