You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Battrick X11 style Cricket game..anyone interested?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I've become engrossed by this game now - not sure why. Have £1 million in the bank and have a few decent batsman, my star player being:

Louis Glennon (2802574)

Louis is a steady RH Batsman, and a steady RFM Bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Old Swann CC

Nationality: England

Battrick Rating: 18,721

Wages: £2,079 p/w

Preference: None

Trait: None

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal

Batting: superb Concentration: strong

Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Fielding: competent

Edited by Yozzer

Battrick Helpfile

That link should be a great help to you.

Other simple advice:

- Don't spend any ridiculous amount of money until you have £1.6 million in the bank.

- Looking at your leagues they are pretty much full of bots (computer controlled) so you should walkover these players.

- Copy and Paste your squad onto this page so I can see their skills.

Squad Details (15 Players)

Franny Abrahams - 18 yo, BT Rating=4,221, Wage=£452

A steady RH batsman and an attacking LFM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and changeable fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless

Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble

Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal

Fielding: feeble

Will Africa - 28 yo, BT Rating=1,713, Wage=£338

A cautious RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.

He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and changeable fitness.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless

Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful

Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful

Fielding: woeful

Oz Andre - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,507, Wage=£552

A destructive RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience. He favours Cracked Pitches but has no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre

Batting: woeful Concentration: mediocre

Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful

Fielding: mediocre

Alex Carr - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,100, Wage=£437

A defensive RH batsman and a defensive RH finger spin bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless

Batting: abysmal Concentration: mediocre

Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre

Aidan Casper - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,583, Wage=£436

A cautious RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble

Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre

Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal

Fielding: abysmal

Ainsley Clist - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,422, Wage=£499

A steady RH batsman and an attacking RH finger spin bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and mediocre experience. He favours RH Bowlers but has no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful

Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless

Fielding: competent

Oz Doncon - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,039, Wage=£449

A cautious RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful

Dylan Flintoff - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,718, Wage=£465

A defensive RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble

Stefan Lavigne - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,796, Wage=£429

A defensive RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He favours Uneven Pitches but has no trait.

Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble

Fielding: feeble

Jack Liddell - 21 yo, BT Rating=1,883, Wage=£283

A defensive LH batsman and an attacking LM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless

Batting: woeful Concentration: woeful

Bowling: woeful Consistency: feeble

Connor Lomas - 20 yo, BT Rating=2,418, Wage=£323

A destructive RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless

Batting: feeble Concentration: woeful

Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre

Clive Mathers - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,478, Wage=£445

A defensive RH batsman and a destructive RH finger spin bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble

Rod Muir - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,660, Wage=£450

A destructive RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble

Vincent Pook - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,630, Wage=£457

A destructive LH batsman and an attacking LFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Batting: abysmal Concentration: mediocre

Graeme Saville - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,517, Wage=£502

A cautious LH batsman and a cautious LH finger spin bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre

Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble

I've got a starting 11 which goes:

Clist ©

Abrahams

Casper

Flintoff

Doncon

Saville (wk)

Andre

Muir

Pook

Mathers

Carr

Got 3 bowling coaches - Muir, Carr & Mathers

3 batting coaches - Abrahams, Clist & Casper

Saville is on wk coaching and Pook is on Stamina training.

I've got a few 1000 bids in for 'competent' or better in batting & bowling which, if any of them go through, should raise my team a little.

I have also fired 3 players who were 24/25 and going nowhere.

What do you reckon? Am I doomed?

Cheers.

Right, you've inherited a poor squad like I did.

The nets you've assigned are to players who are 30 years old and thus will have no overall effect on their skill levels going up so scrap that idea. However, do not fire the coach's because this cost further money to you.

I do like the idea of buying "competent" skilled players but their age is key if you want to train them. 17 years old is the best age to train any player because they learn the quickest.

What you want ideally is a player with the following stats:

Stamina: Mediocre

Batting/Bowling: Competent

Concentration/ Consistency: Mediocre

I did a quick search on the Transfer Market and there is a fair few flying around who are cheap. If I was you the maximum I would spend on 1 player would be 20,000 for now until your finances are secure. You can use the filter to search for the criteria I posted above.

Another thing you'll need to know is that the primary skill (Batting/Bowling) needs to be complimented by the necessary secondary skill (Concentration/Consistency). For a good Batsman trainee you need "Competent" batting along with "Mediocre" Concentration. For a good bowler you will need "Competent" Bowling with "Mediocre" Consistency.

Stamina is also essential - a player with worthless stamina is going to be a rubbish player because he will not last more than 5 minutes on the pitch without either getting out or bowling a 12 ball over.

If you go onto the "Community" Tab and the click on "Sledging (Forums)" from there you can join the "Newbie Q's" section and have a read/post any questions you need answered or alternatively ask me.

P.S. - Your team at the moment will crucify the bots in your leagues but be prepared to take some batterings from real life opponents who will have good teams.

P.S. - Your team at the moment will crucify the bots in your leagues but be prepared to take some batterings from real life opponents who will have good teams.

Yeah - I've already had my 1st friendly and was all out for 66. They managed that with 10 wickets in hand in little over 11 overs.

I'll have another search for players knowing the stuff you've just mentioned - age, stamina, etc.

Cheers fella - I'll give you a challenge when I've got the hang of it. For now, I'm sticking to challenging those around my rating.

• 1 year later...