You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, that's perfect for an Open-debut. Is it easy getting tickets? I guess the main challenge is getting a place to stay anyway.

I imagine that will be a real ballache getting tickets and somewhere to stay for that one kop, and nowhere near cheap either. All of the Hotels and local establishments are likely to be booked up a year in advance.

Loving the leaderboard at the moment, with my favourite American golfer of all time Tom Watson at the top and two class English men in Fisher and Westwood in full contention. I'm not really a betting man, but if I was putting money on the outcome, mine would be on Westwood who has been superb all weekend and is unfortunate not to be ahead.

Holy shit, that's perfect for an Open-debut. Is it easy getting tickets? I guess the main challenge is getting a place to stay anyway.

Tickets are no problem as you just pay in at the event. I've been the last 8 opens and never pre-booked, It never ever sells out, although queues on the day can be long so pick your entrance (i.e. don't go in the main entrance but one of the ones around the turn.

Accomodation is a nightmare though so either book now (although St Andrews will be very expensive if you can actually get anywhere) or get a tent and get a plot in a field. It was £10 a head in our field and we had great craic.

The best and easiest accommodation as JohnnyH says is camping. Me and a few mates went to the Scottish Open last week at Loch Lomond. The course and its surroundings are quite simply, breathtaking.

It was £30 to get in and the crowds aren't as big as the open so you actually get to see some golf. Anyone who has a liking for golf should try and visit this course.

Good advices for next year, cheers. I'll have a look around for accomodation next week and see what's most doable. Kind of a pain to take a tent, sleeping bag etc on the plane so hote/B&B etc should be the best option if available. If I book now it should be possible, can't be sold out already surely?

It's got Westwood written all over it now hasn't it? Felt for Fisher hacking himself through that rough, looked like he didn't have a place to drop either when he hit his second.

I'd be well pleased to see Westwood win it to be fair Kop.

The one thing I love about the Open Championship is that the commentators can sit in their little lair and say "He needs to get it up quickly" without the hint of a snigger.

I'd be well pleased to see Westwood win it to be fair Kop.

The one thing I love about the Open Championship is that the commentators can sit in their little lair and say "He needs to get it up quickly" without the hint of a snigger.

They're ace the commentators on the golf, Peter Allis in particular has me in stitches sometimes.

Fuck me, 55 nicker, is that how much it is now? I remember going to Birkdale the year O'Meara won it, 98 was it? It was only a tenner in then.

Good old Mark. I put £1.50 or something on him, as that was all the cash I had on me and the caddies had said he was the one, and lo and behold he was.

Got about 50 notes back.

It's got Westwood written all over it now hasn't it? Felt for Fisher hacking himself through that rough, looked like he didn't have a place to drop either when he hit his second.

Westwood is faltering... I hope Watson keeps his cool now.

You mean 17? Isn't that the par 5?

Edit; a strong par from Watson there. Birdie on 17 now and I agree with you.

I did actually mean 16, but he feathered his putt. But yep, the par 5 coming up, he birdies that and it's his. Unless Westwood does something amazing like Eagles the 17th.