You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Gerrard's Trial...

Anubis

You don't know how good the judicial system is here, Tom.

All good whingeing from the safety of your bedroom about the UK judicial system. That is until you get arrested in China or Russia or Saudi or Indonesia or...

..and you would be begging for the UK judicial system..

Those foreign apes would have to catch me first!

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note though, I think it's an absolute disgrace that only those who can afford to defende themselve's properly can defend themselves properly.

Don't give me all that legal-aid bollocks either. It's not worth shit that bollocks. You just end up with some stammering half-wit, like in My Cousin Vinny which, incidentally, is one of the greatest films of all time ever. Cheers.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
On a serious note though, I think it's an absolute disgrace that only those who can afford to defende themselve's properly can defend themselves properly.

Don't give me all that legal-aid bollocks either. It's not worth shit that bollocks. You just end up with some stammering half-wit, like in My Cousin Vinny which, incidentally, is one of the greatest films of all time ever. Cheers.

Ahh the Kesuke Miyagi defence

Wax on

Just saw it on BBC news 24, apparently it revolves around an incident that took place in a nightclub in Stockport !!

The Beeb obviously have their top people on it, I am just surprised it didn't say 'nightclub in the north'

Its a big fucking joke.

If hes pleading self defence then that in itself is an admittence of guilt as he is saying he has hit him in self defence which is an offence wether self defence or not.

Self defence is a defence raised in law. It is not an admission of guilt. It is an acceptance he took steps which involved the use of force, but that the force used was taken to defend himself and was reasonable in all the circumstances, and that it did not go to far.

As for striking first, provided the court accept you reasonably apprehended that the other party would use immediate violence against you then striking first is no bar to running self-defence.

Fuck off. I'm a fucking good trial lawyer you twat.

Guest ShoePiss
Self defence is a defence raised in law. It is not an admission of guilt. It is an acceptance he took steps which involved the use of force, but that the force used was taken to defend himself and was reasonable in all the circumstances, and that it did not go to far.

As for striking first, provided the court accept you reasonably apprehended that the other party would use immediate violence against you then striking first is no bar to running self-defence.

Would Gerrard's defence have seen all available cctv footage before deciding on what to plea? If that is the case then surely they think they have a good chance of getting him off?

Fuck off. I'm a fucking good trial lawyer you twat.

Shouldn't you be permanent by now though?

But TomR is right, you WILL get off by and large if you have money, if you don't you are fucked. I get the impression the police have got a little bit carried away here, and found themselves unable to back down. Bare in mind, John Terry was caught on CCTV attacking a bouncer (I Know) and he never went to jail, what do you think is going to happen?

Shouldn't you be permanent by now though?

But TomR is right, you WILL get off by and large if you have money, if you don't you are fucked. I get the impression the police have got a little bit carried away here, and found themselves unable to back down. Bare in mind, John Terry was caught on CCTV attacking a bouncer (I Know) and he never went to jail, what do you think is going to happen?

Its not the Police who decide this going further in court mate its the CPS

Surely Gerrard's got the money to hire Cochran?

vlcsnap-136181.jpg

"...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!"

Wait, from that video it looks like he gets the punch thrown at him first... he's the one in blue standing at the bar right? One dig and then he's getting pulled back. I see fuck all.

Aye, what I see is that Gerrard gets smacked first then they gets obscured from the camera.

Didn't see Stevie throw any punches, therefore case adjured, me lud.

simples.

Aye, what I see is that Gerrard gets smacked first then they gets obscured from the camera.

Didn't see Stevie throw any punches, therefore case adjured, me lud.

simples.

Unless the person getting smacked is actually the DJ. In which case, what the hell is he doing at the bar and not his job. What kind of an establishment are they running?

Also, how shite is the CCTV quality that we can't even make out if it's a man we watch on the telly week in week out. Case dismissed.

Unless the person getting smacked is actually the DJ. In which case, what the hell is he doing at the bar and not his job. What kind of an establishment are they running?

Also, how shite is the CCTV quality that we can't even make out if it's a man we watch on the telly week in week out. Case dismissed.

Agreed.

Shoddy all round.