You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

I think you might be overstating the power of Murdoch a little, it's a high risk strategy. Murdoch and co have been going out of there way to cover this all up for years and it's beginning to look like their strategy is unfolding despite the best efforts of his mates e.g. Cameron and Brooks.

Question is why are they so desperate to protect Brooks? Perhaps because of Murdoch's son?

Surely if Coulson is arrested tomorrow this has to call into question Camerons role in all this? Knew nothing Dave eh?

It could be that Coulsons agreed to take the fall, you wouldn't put it past them, nice pay off and a cushy job in the US Andy? It could be that they know their isn't actually enough evidence to charge Coulson. Equally this could all be out of control for News International and it's a real high risk strategy now just hoping that Coulson doesn't have any evidence himself or isn't prepared to implicate Murdoch and Brooks. Personally I don't think he looks the type to do a stretch.

On the face of it, that's a good question. I'm sure the answer is that in view of the things she's probably aware of as a former editor of the Sun and the NOTW and current Chief Exec of News International, she's the one person that they don't want to end up outside the tent pissing in.

On the face of it, that's a good question. I'm sure the answer is that in view of the things she's probably aware of as a former editor of the Sun and the NOTW and current Chief Exec of News International, she's the one person that they don't want to end up outside the tent pissing in.

I read an opinion piece on Murdoch's relationship with her a few months back. Brooks has always done very well for him - I think she increased circulation at the NotW considerably - and they get on very well. I think he looks on her almost like a daughter. But I also agree that any trip down the management trail ultimately lands at the retarded spunk-monster's door.

If there's evidence about Coulsen to hand over then there's evidence about Brooks too. The Police should be all over this shit seizing stuff right, left and centre. But I suppose when you're involved too you're probably not that keen to do so. Fucking depressing really.

If there's evidence about Coulsen to hand over then there's evidence about Brooks too. The Police should be all over this shit seizing stuff right, left and centre. But I suppose when you're involved too you're probably not that keen to do so. Fucking depressing really.

Considering half the stuff is on them it'd be like the police and government investigating themselves, even the primula minister is balls deep with his semen forming the crust of the giant creampie in the westminister sphincter there is zero chance of anything substancial happening, rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic will only assist in its appearance. These cunts in government and media where the ones who steered it into the corporate capitalist iceberg with grins on their chevy chases as wide as the pacific with the drilling and the bombing either side wont have enough hands to cut off to pay the public back for the thefts that they organise when we all get sharia law on they ass.

I read an opinion piece on Murdoch's relationship with her a few months back. Brooks has always done very well for him - I think she increased circulation at the NotW considerably - and they get on very well. I think he looks on her almost like a daughter. But I also agree that any trip down the management trail ultimately lands at the retarded spunk-monster's door.

Funny because the public seem to see her as more of a red-headed stepchild at the moment.

I'll tell you what really disturbs me about her though. Well, other than the authorising phone hacking, paying off coppers, repeatedly lying about it and all that...

This:

Rebekah-Brooks-007.jpg

karen_matthews_1210012c.jpg

I can't find a picture of Karen Matthews smiling (perhaps unsurprisingly) but the resemblance, especially around the lower half of the face, is fucking uncanny. It's especially funny because I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shit that they hacked her phone as well. You never know, if this goes well they might end up sharing a cell.

World stories are 'not material' to BSkyB takeover decision

Stephen Lepitak

Media / UK

The Department of Culture, Media and Sport has said that the latest revelations surrounding the News of the World will not affect the announcement by Jeremy Hunt as to his stance over the takeover of BSkyB.

As further evidence emerges of phone hacking and police bribery for information at the Sunday tabloid, owned by Rupert Murdoch, questions were raised as to the effects that could be had upon the takeover of BSkyB by News International.

The takeover cannot proceed without Government clearance, and culture secretary is expected to make an announcement that he will allow it to proceed in the coming days.

A spokesperson told The Drum that the current revelations would have no connection to the decision.

“The merger has been investigated on the basis of the effect it could have on media plurality. The phone-hacking allegations are very serious, but they are not material to the issue of media plurality,” said the spokesperson.

Former deputy Prime Minister John Prescott, who was one of those who had his phone hacked by the newspaper, has called for the takeover to be blocked after it was revealed that murdered school girl Millie Dowler had her own phone hacked and messaged deleted by an investigator working for the paper.

Queries have also been raised following the allegations as to whether the BSkyB will allow the deal to proceed, and could see News Corporation pay even more to complete the takeover, which was initially valued at £7.4bn when first proposed last June.

I can't believe people are daft enough to fall for this. So Murdoch and that skank try and seal off an investigation by putting a few hundred people out of work and some think it's a victory and that the s*n could even follow next in a blaze of public outrage. Fuck me pink, you people need to watch more Wire.

Just saw this. This could be their intention to wriggle off a huge hook. I hope it's not allowed happen.

Is Murdoch free to destroy tabloid’s records? | MediaFile

Is Murdoch free to destroy tabloid’s records?

By Alison Frankel

The views expressed are her own.

Here’s some News of the World news to spin the heads of American lawyers. According to British media law star Mark Stephens of Finers Stephens Innocent (whom The Times of London has dubbed “Mr Media”), Rupert Murdoch’s soon-to-be shuttered tabloid may not be obliged to retain documents that could be relevant to civil and criminal claims against the newspaper—even in cases that are already underway. That could mean that dozens of sports, media, and political celebrities who claim News of the World hacked into their telephone accounts won’t be able to find out exactly what the tabloid knew and how it got the information.

If News of the World is to be liquidated, Stephens told Reuters, it “is a stroke of genius—perhaps evil genius.”

Under British law, Stephens explained, all of the assets of the shuttered newspaper, including its records, will be transferred to a professional liquidator (such as a global accounting firm). The liquidator’s obligation is to maximize the estate’s assets and minimize its liabilities. So the liquidator could be well within its discretion to decide News of the World would be best served by defaulting on pending claims rather than defending them. That way, the paper could simply destroy its documents to avoid the cost of warehousing them—and to preclude any other time bombs contained in News of the World’s records from exploding.

“Why would the liquidator want to keep [the records]?” Stephens said. “Minimizing liability is the liquidator’s job.”

That’s a very different scenario, Stephens said, from what would happen if a newspaper in the U.S. went into bankruptcy. In the U.S., a plaintiff (or, for that matter, a criminal investigator) could obtain a court order barring that kind of document destruction. In the U.K., there’s no requirement that the estate retain its records, nor any law granting plaintiffs a right to stop the liquidator from getting rid of them.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I can't believe people are daft enough to fall for this. So Murdoch and that skank try and seal off an investigation by putting a few hundred people out of work and some think it's a victory and that the s*n could even follow next in a blaze of public outrage. Fuck me pink, you people need to watch more Wire.

Nah, they're closing the biggest selling newspaper in the country - the biggest English speaking paper in the world - out of respect. Wake up, Sec. They're all good, good people.

You'd imagine so. To the point that they would probably go someway to keep her/block her even if she tried to leave.

Better for the Murdoch's to keep her close and quiet.

Maybe Murdoch was worried that she might beat him up...considering what she allegedly did to Grant Mitchell

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If only she'd stayed in T'Pau, all this could have been avoided. She shouldn't have pushed too far, her dreams were just china in her hand.

If I was Coulsen Id be fleeing the country, compare and contrast these cunts to Assange's plight lockdown with no charges awaiting extradition with no charge and tagged like a packet of bacon. Hes got every opportunity now that the police are leaking shit again bunch of hemorrhoid hemorrhages.