You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

The number of people unaware that news corp owns so many media bases is shocking. Whilst this is one paper down i think SM has it nailed on that the other rag will go 7 days a week. I really hope the public don't let this one lie, the latest move is to appease the masses and sadly i think it will.

Just heard that Coulson to be arrested this afternoon

News International have allegedly handed over evidence to the police that he made payments to senior police officers for information. No wonder Andy Hyman and his team were so keen to limit the first investigation. It may get tasty if the speculation that James Murdoch authorised those payments is true.

It will be interesting to see if Coulson accepts any wrongdoing, and implicates others.

Sunday Sun nailed on.

They've ditched the NOTW brand which was probably damaged beyond repair. They've cut costs by making a load of journalists redundant. They'll have appeased many of the brainless idiots in this country who don't know their arse from their elbow and haven't got the intelligence to see through this stunt. They'll then launch the Sunday S*n (which the paper effectively was anyway). Sales will soar again. Win - Win situation for the cunts, and sadly, like I've already mentioned, many of the retards who already by the rag are too fucking thick to see through it all.

Coulsen will get dragged into the police investigation as he's being hung out to dry. Brooks will be fired, and within two months will have a radio show on Talksport. Murdoch will wind up the News Of The World name, claiming he's shut it down as a measure of disgust. He'll then announce the all new The S*n On Sunday, a Sunday edition of the UK's 'best-loved' red top. Cameron will announce that the government are meeting with the PCC to tighten regulations. Outraged of Tooting will start buying aforementioned Sunday newspaper because he's stupid enough to believe it's a new paper that just happens to have the same journalists on board.

I thought you were well off into the realms of fantasy when I read that last night. Kudos.

Unfortunately I'm sure that you're spot on about the bit after that as well. Bad news for Chris B I'd have thought, as even if the current NOTW staff are hired on for the new "Sun on Sunday" there's surely no way that a Liverpool fan could work for a newspaper with that title.

It seems that News International are set to really hang Coulsen out to dry. They're going to claim that Brooks was on holiday in Italy when the story about a message on Dowler's phone was published, and that Coulsen, as her deputy, was in charge on that date.

Must have been a cracking job that. On holiday when Milly Dowler went missing in March 2002, on holiday when Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells were murdered in August 2002. I wonder if she was on holiday in September 2002 as well, when Milly Dowler was found?

It's such a remarkable series of coincidences I'm surprised the police didn't pull her in for questioning about these cases - we could probably halve the number of child murders in the UK just by ensuring Rebekah Brooks doesn't go on holiday.

Coulson will do jail-time without a squeak if Murdoch demands it

Cameron will be pissed off though. How many months did he spend defending him? Be interesting to see how his relationship with NI develops

I think you might be overstating the power of Murdoch a little, it's a high risk strategy. Murdoch and co have been going out of there way to cover this all up for years and it's beginning to look like their strategy is unfolding despite the best efforts of his mates e.g. Cameron and Brooks.

Question is why are they so desperate to protect Brooks? Perhaps because of Murdoch's son?

Surely if Coulson is arrested tomorrow this has to call into question Camerons role in all this? Knew nothing Dave eh?

It could be that Coulsons agreed to take the fall, you wouldn't put it past them, nice pay off and a cushy job in the US Andy? It could be that they know their isn't actually enough evidence to charge Coulson. Equally this could all be out of control for News International and it's a real high risk strategy now just hoping that Coulson doesn't have any evidence himself or isn't prepared to implicate Murdoch and Brooks. Personally I don't think he looks the type to do a stretch.

Get Wade! Hurt Cameron!

This is a classic deflection tactic - mock outrage and indignation and then 'folding' a title to protect the bigger picture (buying Sky). This is short term loss for long term gain.

When the dust has settled, I agree the Sun Day will come into being.

I really really want some of hacking to fall at the door of the Rag. PLEASE let it be true!

Whilst this is one paper down i think SM has it nailed on that the other rag will go 7 days a week. I really hope the public don't let this one lie, the latest move is to appease the masses and sadly i think it will.

Of course it will. All the gossip seeking dead heads will buy that and most of the staff will move to it. It will carry on printing the same shit but just be careful who's phones they hack in to.