You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

Milliband's really coming of age in all this.

The Yanks won't like it even if it was "only" British victims phones that were hacked. They will take this as seriously as if the NotW had hacked the phone of American victims.

The American's can really hurt and ultimately take Darth Murdoch's empire down. President Obama isn't on Rupert's Supper List and certainly won't protect Murdoch like "Dave" will. Obama will hold him out to dry and deliver his head on a stick.

Cameron will be doing his best to ensure NI come out of this in tact, he owes it to his real master.

That's probably his goal. The couple of things I've seen with him make it pretty obvious he's decided that playing the foil, the pantomime villain, will be lucrative.

Morally indignant vs. morally reprehensible, screaming and shouting at each other, is a mainstay of news "reporting" in the US and it seems like it's made its way over there. And he's making sure he's gonna get his piece of the pie. Shame really.

Got the hallmark of that cunt McKenzie all over it.

Milliband's really coming of age in all this.

The Yanks won't like it even if it was "only" British victims phones that were hacked. They will take this as seriously as if the NotW had hacked the phone of American victims.

The American's can really hurt and ultimately take Darth Murdoch's empire down. President Obama isn't on Rupert's Supper List and certainly won't protect Murdoch like "Dave" will. Obama will hold him out to dry and deliver his head on a stick.

Cameron will be doing his best to ensure NI come out of this in tact, he owes it to his real master.

It needed something to give him a kick up the arse as he's been very poor so far, lets hope he continues this form.

The cynic in me thinks he knew no matter what he ever did, or what ever policies he proposed the Murdoch press would never, ever support him so why not boot the boot in now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Can see this escalating to the point where Cameron resigns.

Unless there's something else utterly unforeseeable about to come out, which implicates him in a cover-up, or wrong doing in the BskyB deal, then that's incredibly unlikely.

Oh I don't doubt it mate, I'm talking about the public's reaction to the 'scandal'. The modern British public is incapable or unwilling to attempt to understand any issue beyond a simple soundbite, the outrage which follows is basic, primal, and lasts roughly 48 hours. "Burn those who harm people in care homes" "good riddance to the NOTW scum!" and so forth. People don't actually understand the issues though, very often make no attempt to do so, and merely like to be seen 'chipping in'. Indeed, getting angry is seen as 'doing your bit' these days, rather than actually attempting to instigate change or demanding it of their leaders.

I disagree, have faith in people, they only only confused and bewildered by a system that is designed to do precisely that.

Unless there's something else utterly unforeseeable about to come out, which implicates him in a cover-up, or wrong doing in the BskyB deal, then that's incredibly unlikely.

He'll get shit over appointing Coulsen whilst either knowing, or his right hand man failing to tell him Coulsen was up to his neck in.

Bollocks will he resign though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He'll get shit over appointing Coulsen whilst either knowing, or his right hand man failing to tell him Coulsen was up to his neck in.

Bollocks will he resign though.

Yeah, if he's covered that up, he's in the shit. Doubt it'll ever blow back on him though.

I disagree, have faith in people, they only only confused and bewildered by a system that is designed to do precisely that.

No.

It's because there is a vast number of people in this country that are racist, xenophobic, ignorant, horrible cunts that couldn't give a shit about anyone else if their income tax drops by a penny.

Some of these leaks have been calling this the UK's Watergate. The implications to be suggest this goes right to the top. We'll see, but I think Cameron has been far too friendly with some of these people.

Independent reports that Gordon Brown will say investigators hacked his phone and accessed his personal bank account I'm a hacking victim too, Gordon Brown to announce - Crime, UK - The Independent

Yeah, if he's covered that up, he's in the shit. Doubt it'll ever blow back on him though.

I desperately want a decent journo to ask him if he questioned Coulsen over this.

The chinless wonder is being asked the questions he wants at the moment.

EDIT: Not the questions he 'wants' but certainly not the questions he wants least.

As an aside Camron is at least as media savvy as Blair, or those around him are.

I refuse to believe he didn't either know about this or Coulsen lied to his face.

Either way it smacks of weak leadership.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Some of these leaks have been calling this the UK's Watergate. The implications to be suggest this goes right to the top. We'll see, but I think Cameron has been far too friendly with some of these people.

Independent reports that Gordon Brown will say investigators hacked his phone and accessed his personal bank account I'm a hacking victim too, Gordon Brown to announce - Crime, UK - The Independent

I was just about to post that. If it's true, and he knew about it as it was happening, why the fuck didn't he come forward? Why the fuck did MI5 allow such a thing to happen to the PM. Fucking shambles, this is.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
As an aside Camron is at least as media savvy as Blair, or those around him are.

I refuse to believe he didn't either know about this or Coulsen lied to his face.

Either way it smacks of weak leadership.

He, Brooks, Coulson, and others, are all up to it in their neck. There's no way they didn't know about it. No fucking chance. They'd all have been laughing about it together. Thick as fucking thieves. I bet Blair and Brown knew, too.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just hearing that News International have pulled the pug on the BskyB deal and have requested that it be refereed to the Competition Commission.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Without a doubt.

That said, the Labour party always had a different relationship with NI. Labour were it's bitch, the Cons were in cahoots.

Just hearing that News International have pulled the pug on the BskyB deal and have requested that it be refereed to the Competition Commission.

They're obviously doing this in a the public interest aren't they.

Not because Cameron has told them they need this good PR for him to be able to push the deal through.

No siree.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They're obviously doing this in a the public interest aren't they.

Not because Cameron has told them they need this good PR for him to be able to push the deal through.

No siree.

It's a real win for the opposition, in my opinion. You've got to hand it to the toothless Ed Miliband. He has gummed the arses of the Government and of Murdoch.

In other news. The Sun had the medical records of Brown's sick child.

News International papers targeted Gordon Brown | Media | guardian.co.uk

It's a real win for the opposition, in my opinion. You've got to hand it to the toothless Ed Miliband. He has gummed the arses of the Government and of Murdoch.

In other news. The Sun had the medical records of Brown's sick child.

News International papers targeted Gordon Brown | Media | guardian.co.uk

Why the fuckery would they want them? Inconceivable twats.