You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

• 4 weeks later...

On the plus side, he's spreading a bit of peace and reconciliation - Rico's favourites, Mermaids, have been tweeting "unquestioning solidarity" with JK Rowling and all victims of domestic violence.

(No link, because the tweet contains a screenshot of the rag.)

• Upvote 1

Made me laugh the number of people on Twitter saying the Sun has finally gone too far with that headline. Yeah, because demonising 96 dead people and their fellow fans (such accusing them of killing them, looting bodies and urinating on the dead) clearly wasn't far enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/05/2020 at 19:02, Section_31 said:

Silver linings (arf)

Reuters) - News Corp (NWSA.O) Executive Chairman Rupert Murdoch is forgoing his cash bonus for the year after the media company posted a $1 billion quarterly loss due to a write-down in the value of its Australian pay TV unit and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on its businesses.

Surely this is worth a stay classy Australia, no?

• Upvote 2

The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty (three part documentary) starts on the BBC on July 14th. If you’re in the UK and have had the BBC on at all, you probably already know this as it’s been advertised a lot.

Not sure if the balance is sympathetic or otherwise. The only critical voice in the promos appears to be Hugh Grant.

I’d probably feel a bit dirty if I watched it but it could be interesting viewing if it’s not just a pro Murdoch fawn fest. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty (three part documentary) starts on the BBC on July 14th. If you’re in the UK and have had the BBC on at all, you probably already know this as it’s been advertised a lot.

Not sure if the balance is sympathetic or otherwise. The only critical voice in the promos appears to be Hugh Grant.

I’d probably feel a bit dirty if I watched it but it could be interesting viewing if it’s not just a pro Murdoch fawn fest. 

That's going to be one of those programmes which I'll avoid in order to not burst an artery. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Anyone been keeping an eye on this Depp Vs the rag court case ?

From what's been reported at the end of each day, unless that Amber Heard and her lawyers have an ace up their sleeves, I can see Murdoch reaching for his cheque book again.

I really hope so but fuck me some of the stories from both sides have been pretty grim. 

I used to really really fancy her. After all this I'm not sure if I fancy her more or less. 

50 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Looks like Miss Heard has been getting pulled apart under cross-examination.

Looks like Elon Musk was also trying to put his charge into her too.

From what I've seen, the only proved acts of physical violence have been from her to him.

There was a video of him slamming doors shut and hurling things about but no actual physical violence towards her. The photo she used showing her face marked was also discredited by three people, one of them a copper.