You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

• 5 months later...

Does that economist work for Murdoch?

Interesting article. Is Jacinda a bit of a Justin Trudeau? I get why the American media loved the military style weapons ban, but when you start thinking about it, was that a big divisive issue in New Zealand in the first place? Was it a genuinely brave and risky political decision, like that Australian guy banning guns knowing he would probably lose the next election over this, but it had to be done for the good of the people. Everyone seems to know the answer to this despite most of not knowing anything about the NZ politics.

The rest of Jacinda adoration I didn't really understand, from what I read, I got the impression NZ has a relatively small and well integrated Muslim community, no recent history of terrorism so the entire nation was in total shock after the attack, the victims were a minority, so would any other political leader react to such an event differently? It's much easier to hit the right tone when everything around it seems imported, the hatred, the extremism even the attacker.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You've quoted either the paper or somebody from it and its named The Australian s*n.

I'm all for the boycott and general disparagement of anything Murdoch related, but even if it was called The Australian S*n, that's probably taking your outrage a bit far.

What do you call the big yellow thing in the sky?

3 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

I'm all for the boycott and general disparagement of anything Murdoch related, but even if it was called The Australian S*n, that's probably taking your outrage a bit far.

What do you call the big yellow thing in the sky?

I've never seen it,I live in the UK.

• Upvote 2

On 27/03/2019 at 03:49, SasaS said:

Does that economist work for Murdoch?

Interesting article. Is Jacinda a bit of a Justin Trudeau? I get why the American media loved the military style weapons ban, but when you start thinking about it, was that a big divisive issue in New Zealand in the first place? Was it a genuinely brave and risky political decision, like that Australian guy banning guns knowing he would probably lose the next election over this, but it had to be done for the good of the people. Everyone seems to know the answer to this despite most of not knowing anything about the NZ politics.

The rest of Jacinda adoration I didn't really understand, from what I read, I got the impression NZ has a relatively small and well integrated Muslim community, no recent history of terrorism so the entire nation was in total shock after the attack, the victims were a minority, so would any other political leader react to such an event differently? It's much easier to hit the right tone when everything around it seems imported, the hatred, the extremism even the attacker.

Good post. As much as I despise Murdoch and his minions, that article is pretty close to the mark when it comes to Ardern. She ticks a lot of fashionable boxes without thus far bringing any real substance to the role. Plus as the article correctly states, it was Winston Peters that assumed the role of kingmaker in the last election rather than the NZ voting public. 

Recently visited a friend in Australia for 3 weeks or so , and their press seems even worse than ours. 

They have a no-mark journalist there whose main claim to fame seems to be that he came up with the phrase 'Eco-worrier ' for anybody with the temerity to think caring for the planet mightn't be the worst idea.

15 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Recently visited a friend in Australia for 3 weeks or so , and their press seems even worse than ours. 

They have a no-mark journalist there whose main claim to fame seems to be that he came up with the phrase 'Eco-worrier ' for anybody with the temerity to think caring for the planet mightn't be the worst idea.

it's fucked due to the practical murdoch ,monopoly, wouldnt clean me windows with his rags.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been listening to a podcast lately while driving about the Daniel Morgan murder in a South London pub car park in 1987 apart from Police Corruption ( it's still unsolved ). 

The role that other rag the NOTW hardly comes out of it smelling of roses either they had private detectives bugging buildings and phones and basically trying to pervert the course of justice.

It's well worth a listen if your into this type of thing 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Silver linings (arf)

Reuters) - News Corp (NWSA.O) Executive Chairman Rupert Murdoch is forgoing his cash bonus for the year after the media company posted a $1 billion quarterly loss due to a write-down in the value of its Australian pay TV unit and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on its businesses.

• Upvote 1