You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard

Looked and cant see this posted....

My missus works at Fazakerly hospital and yesterday Gerrard was in there,

she said he was hobbling and was heading for X Ray,

one of the porters was shouting to let onto him but he just blanked him...

She's certain it was him...

Has anyone heard anything of an injury? He isnt back in training yet is he?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

He's fine

Most of the lads are back in, he's been given an extra few days off along with Glenn Johnson because of the Andorra game.

Why would he be at Fazakerly surley he would have been at some Private hospital if he was Injured i would have thought the club has x-ray facilities does it not

yeah I'd think so, thats why I was wondering if he was back in training yet?

Hopefully its mistaken identity, he always gets a knock in pre-season though!

I saw someone who was the spitting image (in the semi-darkness) of Ribery filling up a couple of 5 gallon drums with red diesel at the local Murco garage the other day.

I fully expect him to be unveiled as the latest addition to Felinfach FC by Friday.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
My Dad once had a chat with Taribo West, in the Royal, about how excited he was to be joining Liverpool.

Said he was massive, a lovely fella.

Does your Dad go the gym?

Is he sure it wasn't Purps?

My uncle a few years ago had just started treatment for bowel cancer and was feeling ill after the treatment. The nurses thought they would cheer him up by introducing a footballer who had just had a medical. The footballer as it turned out was Slaven Bilic when he was signing for Everton. What they nurses failed to understand was my uncle was in his late 70s had a Liverpool fan and a Liverpool fan only and had no intrest in meeting some new Everton centre half. I would have paid good money to have witnessed my uncle saying to the nurse in front of big Slaven "What do I wanna shake his hand for ??".

I actually met Slaven a few months later and was gonna ask him if he remembered it but the man was huge with even bigger hair. I still remember being shocked as it was the 1st id ever seen a professional football smoke.

Why would he be at Fazakerly surley he would have been at some Private hospital if he was Injured i would have thought the club has x-ray facilities does it not

All the Liverpool players go to Fazak for medicals. I work there as well and I've seen a few of them in the past.

Does your missus use the same optician as the bloke who once spotted Zidane house-hunting on the Wirral? She might be due a refund, or at least some complimentary laser eye surgery.

My Dad once had a chat with Taribo West, in the Royal, about how excited he was to be joining Liverpool.

Said he was massive, a lovely fella.

Bloody hell, forgot about him. I remember going to a match at Anfield vs Derby (treble season) and he was shocking. I mean, him and Riggott that day were so poor they made Kvarme and Babb* look as composed as Jocky and Lawro! I think we only got a draw, and only because our shooting was more inept that day.

*I realise Kvarme and Babb had been moved on by then, but the point still stands.

Steven Gerrard signs four-year deal to stay at Liverpool

• Four-year deal will keep midfielder at Anfield until he is 33

• New contract believed to be worth £140,000 a week

Steven Gerrard has taken another step towards ending his career as a one-club man after last night putting pen to paper on a new four-year contract with Liverpool.

The deal, which ties the Huyton-born captain to Anfield until the age of 33 and will cost the club around £30m, was initially announced by Liverpool in April but formally concluded only upon Gerrard's return to pre-season training at Melwood yesterday.

The midfielder had left the contract on hold during Liverpool's pursuit of Manchester United for the Premier League title last season, then departed for World Cup duty with England and a holiday before officially committing himself to Anfield until 2013. There were also minor contractual details to be resolved despite the club's announcement of an agreement in April.

Gerrard still had two years remaining on a contract worth £120,000 a week and his new deal, believed to have increased his wage to £140,000 a week, may ensure he completes his professional playing career solely as an employee of Liverpool. The 29-year-old recently announced this contract is likely to be his last.

The England international follows Yossi Benayoun in signing a new contract with Liverpool this week, while the manager, Rafael Benítez, Fernando Torres, Dirk Kuyt and Daniel Agger have all committed their long-term futures to Anfield in recent months.

Steven Gerrard signs four-year deal to remain with Liverpool | Football | guardian.co.uk

No, his name is John Hunt and he was in hospital after having treatment for an injury sustained whilst being mistaken by a stampede for Stephen Gerrard. Although judging by the levels of pig ignorance shown, from what I've heard, it could have been Gerrard. Who is to say, ye shalt find nay answers here reading this son.