You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

Michael Owen is purely a goalpoacher.

At the highest level in modern football there is a good argument that that position is tactically redundant: Indeed look how the Mancs improved by selling RVN & not playing wth just an out&out forward.

On top of that, he is physically washed up: A fit goalscorer would have kept Newc up,especially when you consider how poor the bottom half of the PL is.

It is a long time since a transfer has excited me as much this one (other than the glorious winter day when we sold Keane) & i desperately hope he joins the Mancs.

However they have an excellent medical team (remember how they discovered RVN's knee problem before anyone else) so I don't hold out much hope that it will actually go thru

Their medical team is good and if he passes his medical you better be prepared for this "redundant" goalscorer to outscore most of our attacking players.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble with laughing at them is that this could be our reality very soon.

its like the Valencia 'have massive debts and need to sell off players' stuff from April and May, now were battlin gto hold ont our two Cm's as potentially we 'have massive debts and need to sell off players'.

It's never easy when you find out that your ex is shagging your biggest enemy, but then you look at your current bird, realise that she's much fitter, much better looking, and better in the sack, and everything is ok. You just laugh at your enemy because your ex is looking a bit haggard, and her undercarriage is a lot slacker than it was when she was with you. Plus she's had every VD under the sun over the last few years since she fucked you off for that Spanish flamenco dancer with the tiny cock. She soon realised that he was just shagging as many highly strung women as he could, and when he booted her out of his villa, she just wanted someone to love her, even if they were a fat Geordie.

She's just thinking about shagging your enemy because she wants to get back at you for achieving bigger and better things and now having a fitter bird with better tits and a tighter clunge.

This isn't Owen v Torres though is it? They will buy another striker and still have lazy Berbatov who surely must improve.

This is about Owen v N-Gog.

How is Mick a generalisation of a generic Irish name.

I know a few Micks and none of them are Irish.

The word 'mick' has long been used as a disparaging term for a person of Irish birth or descent.

I've been called worse even this morning by the missus though.

Honestly, nobody on this forum can honestly think of him as a hero anymore?

If anybody does then it shows the kind of supporters our club has nowadays.

Heralding individuals over the club.

Oh they will.

Honestly, nobody on this forum can honestly think of him as a hero anymore?

If anybody does then it shows the kind of supporters our club has nowadays.

Heralding individuals over the club.

For me he is a Liverpool Legend, and a Liverpool Hero mate - I don't care what anybody says - far less players are lauded on here and its weird. However, he will always be tarnished, his name will always have a black cloud over it.

Their medical team is good and if he passes his medical you better be prepared for this "redundant" goalscorer to outscore most of our attacking players.

He won't but even if he does they will be worse off.

They were better off without all of RVN's goals as the TEAM was much more fluid.

MO cant get anywhere near a 2nd rate England squad because even Heskey offers the

team so much more.

Owen is less likely to make an impact as a squad player. As we know from experience, he typically needs a good run of games to get going, and his goals tend to come in bursts.

No doubt he'll score a few, because he's the ultimate goal hanger. I'd be very surprised if he starts more than 15 games though and if him and Valencia are their major signings I will be delighted.

Ronaldo & Tevez Vs Valencia & Owen

I bet Rafa is pissing himself.

The word 'mick' has long been used as a disparaging term for a person of Irish birth or descent.

I've been called worse even this morning by the missus though.

Not seen in Ireland as remotely disparaging though. Most are barely aware of it other then the odd Hollywood movie.

If Owen can stay fit he will do very well. He's lost the pace somewhat but the finishing is still as good as ever. However, him staying fit is a very big if.

Its better than the Liverpool medical team, the England medical team, the Real Madrid medical team and the Newcastle medical team?

Maybe one.

You talk absolute rubbish.

Will he outscore Gerrard and Torres?

Gerrard Torres Ngog Kuyt.

Thats 2/4 he wont outscore. (and in my opinion he wont outscore kuyt)

So please tell me how he will outscore 'most' of our attacking players, genius?

My post about heralding players (even when they shit on a thing called loyalty and respect) over the club is aimed at fans like you.

However they have an excellent medical team (remember how they discovered RVN's knee problem before anyone else) so I don't hold out much hope that it will actually go thru

Is this relating to when they put off buying him for a season? He ruptured knee ligaments.

I think I could have discovered that knee problem. The cast and crutches would have given it away.

I've changed my mind, if he signs for them I'll go from being apathetic towards he's to thinking his a little weasle.

Also, please can pleople stop quoting ToxtethTerror, I have him on ignore for a reason.

Thanks.

For me he is a Liverpool Legend, and a Liverpool Hero mate - I don't care what anybody says - far less players are lauded on here and its weird. However, he will always be tarnished, his name will always have a black cloud over it.

How the fuck can you dare to name him alongside greats such as Daglish, rush, god, gerrard, barnes etc when this slimey cunt has fucked our club off 3 FUCKING times now?

He was an amazing player for us, but as this website name suggest, you need to be more than that to be a liverpool legend.

Its about the liverpool way, and this twat has never understood it. And neither, it seems, do you.

Is this relating to when they put off buying him for a season? He ruptured knee ligaments.

I think I could have discovered that knee problem. The cast and crutches would have given it away.

He failed a medical with them which surprised everyone as he was apparently playing normally.

He carried on as normal back at PSV (so they didn't spot it or they would have rested/operated on him) & ruptured it.

It was excellent work by the Dr. involved so let's hope he is away when they examine MO!

How the fuck can you dare to name him alongside greats such as Daglish, rush, god, gerrard, barnes etc when this slimey cunt has fucked our club off 3 FUCKING times now?

He was an amazing player for us, but as this website name suggest, you need to be more than that to be a liverpool legend.

Its about the liverpool way, and this twat has never understood it. And neither, it seems, do you.

He isn't a big a legend as that lot but for me he is still a legend. We got him for nothing, he scored shit loads of goals, and we sold him for £8m. As I said, he will forever be tarnished somewhat but many of us will always remember him with fondness.

Not seen in Ireland as remotely disparaging though. Most are barely aware of it other then the odd Hollywood movie.

If Owen can stay fit he will do very well. He's lost the pace somewhat but the finishing is still as good as ever. However, him staying fit is a very big if.

Yeah it's an American thing. Crops up plenty in noir crime fiction and gangster movies. I'd find it difficult to get offended by it, unless it was Clint 'Deuce' Dempsey or Landon 'Moonhead' Donovan calling me it.

He failed a medical with them which surprised everyone as he was apparently playing normally.

He carried on as normal back at PSV (so they didn't spot it or they would have rested/operated on him) & ruptured it.

It was excellent work by the Dr. involved so let's hope he is away when they examine MO!

I see.

Why would you be so happy to see Owen go to Utd?

Are you under the impression he would actually make them worse?

I see.

Why would you be so happy to see Owen go to Utd?

Are you under the impression he would actually make them worse?

If he plays, yes.

Even in his prime,the whole team has to be built around him & their players are way too good to have to do that

Most likely he'll never be fit.

All whilst still taking up a substantial portion of their wage budget.

This is too good to be true & i am holding fire but if he signs for them it wil as good for us as it was for them when we got Keane.

I can see it now; a pissed up Alex Ferguson on Jeremy Kyle. "Thay shudnay beeble to dooit! Hic. That brochure madim soond lik a world beeter hic, I min, 'twas glossy and shineytoo! These marketin' types ear pure evil hic. Who was a ta ken?"