You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

He scored 11 in an injury ravaged season....

In the League, Owen scored 8 from 21 starts and 7 sub appearances.

In all games for Newcastle, he started 24, subd on in 8 and scored 10 goals.

Oberfami Martins had a better goals per game record for them last season and I wouldnt sign him.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they even described him as a clever businessman, the change in coverage is astonishing.

As for Owen I'm not surprised in the slightest he wouldn't have a batted an eyelid about joining the mancs. I tell you what, should things go wrong and I hope they do those mancs will turn on him big time.

He has turned down the Mancs in the past, just ask Carra. He also turned them down aged 15.

In the League, Owen scored 8 from 21 starts and 7 sub appearances.

In all games for Newcastle, he started 24, subd on in 8 and scored 10 goals.

Oberfami Martins had a better goals per game record for them last season and I wouldnt sign him.

That's a better record goals per game than Tevez and Kuyt isn't it?

That's your opinion, he won't be thinking that. And if he has a chance to join a big club why should he turn it down?

To be honest, I don't care if he joins them. I'm amazed they want him. He was terrible last season. Getting dropped - when fit - by a team in need of goals is not a good sign for a striker. Doubtless, he'll have a decent spell for them somewhere along the way, but he's well past it...

I can see the sense in signing him as regards he is English so will help the Champions League quota and also he is a freebie so no initial outlay but im surprised at Man Utd going for him.

I have to be honest it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth if you are a fan of Man Utd after just watching Ronaldo and Tevez leave who were worth 56 goals between them last season and signing Valencia and Owen.

I still expect the mancs to spend big money but at the minute uts who is available who hasn't already or wants to goto Madrid.

Rashid, If you ignorantly dare to call me 'Mick' as a lazy arse generalisation of a generic Irish name, or as a pathetic attempt as an insult, you'll have to do better. I've been on here long enough for you to know my name, and even if you don't know that, my user name of Doh'Nuts should be used.

Negged

Were they playing in the same position? And how many did the Washed-Up One score in international or Champions League football?

If we are being that silly then he has scored more than Kuyt and Tevez put together in his career. I'd say given his injuries, his record is superb and much lauded players have lesser records.

Rashid' date=' If you dare to call me 'Mick' as a lazy arse generalisation of a generic Irish name, or as a pathetic attempt as an insult, you'll have to do better. I've been on here long enough for you to know my name, and even if you don't know that, my user name of Doh'Nuts should be used[/quote']

I thought you were Dougie D'oins! ie Mick! Mistake!

Personally I think Parry was as much to blame as Owen for the contract situation.

I also think Rafa was determined to break up any perceived clique of powerful players in the dressing room.

Murphy and Owen were gone almost immediately, and I'm still convinced he'd have gladly taken the £35m for Gerrard to rebuild (I'm also sure he realises what a mistake that would have been now).

Owen leaving was mutually beneficial for himself and Rafa.

It's Catch 22 for Owen. I'm sure he's well aware of the ill-feeling of a lot of Liverpool fans for him so he probably feels that opinion can't get any worse with a move to United.

If we are being that silly then he has scored more than Kuyt and Tevez put together in his career. I'd say given his injuries, his record is superb and much lauded players have lesser records.

He was an excellent player. Nobody's denying that. But he isn't any more. I watched many Newcastle games last season (for reasons we don't need to go into), and I was astonished how bad he was.

And then couldnt even get in the team managed by his mate.

That was the sad thing for me. On his moving from Madird, i was glad we didnt pay 16m, i didnt think he was worth it,. But Last summer, on a free, it seemed silly and perhaps even petty not to sign him. He'd sell shirts, his wages would be reduced and we oculd even make money on him if we sold him a real no lose situation etc etc

But when Newcastle played us, their prem survivial was at stake and Shearer left him out. There is no way, if he were at any decent level of form and fitness that Shearer would have done that.

A real shame and if he goes to United, I can't blame him, but i dont think we need be worrie d by it.

That was the sad thing for me. On his moving from Madird, i was glad we didnt pay 16m, i didnt think he was worth it,. But Last summer, on a free, it seemed silly and perhaps even petty not to sign him. He'd sell shirts, his wages would be reduced and we oculd even make money on him if we sold him a real no lose situation etc etc

But when Newcastle played us, their prem survivial was at stake and Shearer left him out. There is no way, if he were at any decent level of form and fitness that Shearer would have done that.

A real shame and if he goes to United, I can't blame him, but i dont think we need be worrie d by it.

The same Shearer who was by in large clueless during his stint there?

It makes you wonder...are United broke? Why else are they signing him?

No tsure about broke, but they have Tevez and Ronaldo to replace and so far their replacements have been, Benzema, gone to Madrid, Ribery, going to Madrid and Villa, who is staying in Spain. The reality is that real top class talent is in short supply, hence why its difficult to find at hig prices, never mind the pot luck of bargain basement signings.

Im sure United will sign a higher profile player somewhere.

Michael Owen is purely a goalpoacher.

At the highest level in modern football there is a good argument that that position is tactically redundant: Indeed look how the Mancs improved by selling RVN & not playing wth just an out&out forward.

On top of that, he is physically washed up: A fit goalscorer would have kept Newc up,especially when you consider how poor the bottom half of the PL is.

It is a long time since a transfer has excited me as much this one (other than the glorious winter day when we sold Keane) & i desperately hope he joins the Mancs.

However they have an excellent medical team (remember how they discovered RVN's knee problem before anyone else) so I don't hold out much hope that it will actually go thru

It's never easy when you find out that your ex is shagging your biggest enemy, but then you look at your current bird, realise that she's much fitter, much better looking, and better in the sack, and everything is ok. You just laugh at your enemy because your ex is looking a bit haggard, and her undercarriage is a lot slacker than it was when she was with you. Plus she's had every VD under the sun over the last few years since she fucked you off for that Spanish flamenco dancer with the tiny cock. She soon realised that he was just shagging as many highly strung women as he could, and when he booted her out of his villa, she just wanted someone to love her, even if they were a fat Geordie.

She's just thinking about shagging your enemy because she wants to get back at you for achieving bigger and better things and now having a fitter bird with better tits and a tighter clunge.