You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
The whole Owen saga is like a girlfriend you really likes who dumps you because she says you have no prospects. Then the bloke she goes with ends up with no prospects while you get a promotion.

She then dates another loser and has a run of bad luck.

You feel sorry for her and in a way you miss her but you feel angry that she dumped you. Part of you is also happy, that bitch how dare she dump me she deserves all the crap..

But sometimes you wish she'd come back and tell you it was all a big mistake and she really loves you, but you're not going to hold your breath.

Then you hear that she could be going out with someone you hate, a real bastard. Someone that will rub it in your face every moment they can.

I suppose if that happend you could finally get closure on that bitch.

I think this applies to this thread too. Oh I'd tell everyone that wanted to know how it doesn't bother me, I'm over it. But it would ruin the good memories.

If true (and I've just got up and haven't read anything) it's a good move by the bacon faced twat, he knows it will piss off most of the fans and how much it would hurt if he banged in a few vital goals that maybe clinched them 19.

Now that I've written that it's starting to dawn how much that would bother me. We did after all tell him he should have signed for a big club.

But if history is anything to go by and Owen's decision making repeats itself, bacon face will be replaced by several losers and the mancs will win nothing and be relegated. I can hope can't I?

Well, who are they going to sign to replace Ronaldo? You can make the same argument with Xabi and Masch.

It is infinitely more easy to find a good centre midfielder than to find a consistent match winner. However good our two are.

And they are still ours, by the way.

Good luck to him. He isn't really left with much of a choice is he, United or Hull, Everton, Villa etc? No choice.

In an ideal world he would go to them as he's played for us but he made it pretty clear (by leaving and not rejoining) that he's not really that bothered by Liverpool so he's not going to so no to United in the situation he's found himself in.

If he still wants to play at the top level and win things then he has to go to United as none of the other clubs he's been linked with are anywhere near that level.

As for United, if they're replacing Ronaldo and Tevez with Valencia and Owen then I'm made up. Ferguson has always been an Owen fan, I remember him being after him a few years ago and maybe the Glazers had designs on that £80m they've just got, and it won't all be put back into the team?

Now his failure is complete.

Yup. There is a Michael Jackson-esque feel to his career. From an incredible start (17 years old in his first season, Argie goal) to reaching the top early (2001 Ballon d'Or) to a dream turned sour (Real Madrid) and then a spectacular deroute (Newcastle) and a the bitter end (Mancs).

Exchange the events with Jackson Five, Thriller, Dangerous, the 1990's, alleged child abuse and freakish end, and the comparison is complete.

They're both white as well.

Owen will score goals there of that there is no doubt. I still find it hard to hate Mikey Owen, a lot of lesser players who aren't fit to lace his boots have been lauded on these very boards. He will probably be a bench player but he won't settle for that, he is a determined fucker. I'd rather be bringing Owen on in the 2nd half than David N-Gog.

Sad of he goes there but if we aren't in for him then who can blame him? Judas it may be but he has no choice really.

Owen will score goals there of that there is no doubt. I still find it hard to hate Mikey Owen, a lot of lesser players who aren't fit to lace his boots have been lauded on these very boards. He will probably be a bench player but he won't settle for that, he is a determined fucker. I'd rather be bringing Owen on in the 2nd half than David N-Gog.

Sad of he goes there but if we aren't in for him then who can blame him? Judas it may be but he has no choice really.

Well said TT, it frustrates me the small minded people that slag him off people need to takle a look at Liverpool at the time when Owen left to see if he wanted to win anything he would have to move on.

What he did actuly did do on his own for liverpool he should be remember for wether or not he has signed for the Mancs or not. I know we have said this over and over again in other threads but i dont see the need for so much hatred thrown towards him, its bitter and small time.

I personaly will always remember Owen for the happyness he brought to LFC and to me.

I still can't help but think that Ferguson is doing this to try and piss off Liverpool.

This could actually be a sign of Fergusons insanity.

It doesn't piss me off, though. I gave up on Owen a long time ago, it's just another indicator of the kind of man he is.

He's rarely fit enough to make the bench, he's passed it.Waste of a squad number for me.

I think some of the vitriol is a bit ott against Owen.

He is a very single-minded guy & was never a Liverpool fan like us ( his dad even played for Everton ) so while disappointed when he left , I just felt that we should thank him for the many great moments & then lose any further interest in him. The suggestion that he shouldn't go to Utd at this stage because of some perceived loyalty to us , when his main option is singing backing vocals with Phil Brown , is totally blinkered in my opinion.

Moving to the matter in hand , I feel Owen is a poor signing for any of the top 4 at this stage ( Is he a better bet than RVN for instance ?) & despite the treasure chest they have , Utd's transfer strategy seems to be in a mess at the moment with practically any players that would improve them in a major way , taken , not moving or not interested in going there.

I think some of the vitriol is a bit ott against Owen.

He is a very single-minded guy & was never a Liverpool fan like us ( his dad even played for Everton ) so while disappointed when he left , I just felt that we should thank him for the many great moments & then lose any further interest in him. The suggestion that he shouldn't go to Utd at this stage because of some perceived loyalty to us , when his main option is singing backing vocals with Phil Brown , is totally blinkered in my opinion.

Moving to the matter in hand , I feel Owen is a poor signing for any of the top 4 at this stage ( Is he a better bet than RVN for instance ?) & despite the treasure chest they have , Utd's transfer strategy seems to be in a mess at the moment with practically any players that would improve them in a major way , taken , not moving or not interested in going there.

Absolute no - brainer there, if i was a mange u fan i would be far more pissed off if we signed RVN than i am about owen signing up with old plum nose.

Absolute no - brainer there, if i was a mange u fan i would be far more pissed off if we signed RVN than i am about owen signing up with old plum nose.

Take your point Elvis , but meant strictly on a footballing ' who would score more for them next season ? ' basis & not really caring about the Manc fans preferences.