You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In four years at Newcastle, Michael Owen started 65 games and scored 30 goals. He is reported to have cost the relegated club an eye-watering £41m in fees and wages. (Various)

65 games out of how many? roughly 200, more with cup games!

Everytime he gets injured he needs 5 or 6 matches to get his sharpness back before he goes on those scoring runs, which is something he will not get sitting on our bench.

Michael just made people like me a little less guilty for not warming to him, I rightly felt a right twat after 2001, but 2001 has proved to be a blip in an otherwise downward trajectory!

65 games out of how many? roughly 200, more with cup games!

Everytime he gets injured he needs 5 or 6 matches to get his sharpness back before he goes on those scoring runs, which is something he will not get sitting on our bench.

That's exactly it. Newcastle always played their best teams for cup games so they probably had 40-45 games a year they'd want him to play him in. That means he only started a season and a half's worth of games in 4 years.

Like he said himself though, he's not injury prone...

Yup.

I never had too many bad words to say about him when he joined the barcodes although I wasn't happy about the way he fucked about with his contract and "when Real Madrid come knocking you don't say no." Is that what he's gonna say about that load of filth too? I hope he rots in their fucking physio's lounge the traitorous little twat.

Is how I feel.

Unless we sign David Villa, its a disgrace if we let Owen slip through our fingers for him to end up with the mancs.

As I have shown earlier, after the injury he got in the World Cup which sidelined him for a year he has played around 30 PL games each season, not many players will get more PL games than that for us anyway so to his his injuries as something to beat him with just dont add up.

Don't you have to be actively pursuing somebody in order that they 'slip through your fingers'?

I have no idea what the second paragraph means.

Rafa sussed the fucker. I remember little mikeys face when he had him on the bench in the CL early qualifier - can't remermber the game - mikey knowing if he was brought on as sub RM would wait a year till signing him. Rafa squoze his bollocks that day.

Rashid would defend anyone if it gets a dig in at us, it's unbelievable. Code's almost as bad.

some of the comments on here are as if you've just seen your ex girlfriend with a new bloke and are trying to hide the fact your jealous with insults to both him and them.

remember, rafa dumped him. rafa dont want him back and fergie is welcome to our sloppy seconds.

Idiot!

That's a better record goals per game than Tevez and Kuyt isn't it?

on starts alone, yes, on total games, no. Can't see Owen on the RHS somehow.

If he plays 57 for them mate, he will score 30.

No he won't.

£10 for the HJC says he'll not get 30 goals from 57 games for them.

In Fact I'll even give you 2-1, my 20 your 10.

I remember little mikeys face when he had him on the bench in the CL early qualifier - can't remermber the game - mikey knowing if he was brought on as sub RM would wait a year till signing him. Rafa squoze his bollocks that day.

Had he played, it would have been "The greatest act of loyalty in the history of Liverpool Football Club".

He's proven himslef to be a complete cunt who has no feelings for Liverpool at all.

Why should he have any feelings for Liverpool?

He hasn't played for us for 5 years and we have turned down chances to sign him.

I think some people clearly need to move on.

Have to say I was always one of them who spoke highly of owen having seen him playin in the youth team and watched him coming into our team an making the grade.

When he went to spain could kinda accept it. Felt he should ahve give Benitez a chance though

When he got 'had off' by madrid an went to newcastle I was pissed of as I thought he should have stood his ground and said he would only go to liverpool forcing them to accept the lower bid. But even after that I ahd fond memories of him as a player for us

But now I have to say I have lost respect for the little twat. Fair enough United were the best team after him but is reputation with liverpool fans (which I accept was low with a lot) will have hit an all time low and I expect him to get a big fuckin booing when he turns up next year.

I do have to say though I cannot understand why he has not been takin on a free. I prefer him to voranin an ngog and I just hope he doesnt prove to be another tevez type player and score important goals for them

Who would like to create a poll then merge it with this?

Which would you prefer?

Owen to Liverpool

Owen to Manchester United

No third option.

Thanks

Thants. x

Or a poll on ;

LFC get Van horse face, United get Owen, who gets the better deal ?

Have to say I was always one of them who spoke highly of owen having seen him playin in the youth team and watched him coming into our team an making the grade.

When he went to spain could kinda accept it. Felt he should ahve give Benitez a chance though

When he got 'had off' by madrid an went to newcastle I was pissed of as I thought he should have stood his ground and said he would only go to liverpool forcing them to accept the lower bid. But even after that I ahd fond memories of him as a player for us

But now I have to say I have lost respect for the little twat. Fair enough United were the best team after him but is reputation with liverpool fans (which I accept was low with a lot) will have hit an all time low and I expect him to get a big fuckin booing when he turns up next year.

I do have to say though I cannot understand why he has not been takin on a free. I prefer him to voranin an ngog and I just hope he doesnt prove to be another tevez type player and score important goals for them

Probably one of the worst ever, he'll be getting it from all sides

on starts alone, yes, on total games, no. Can't see Owen on the RHS somehow.

No he won't.

£10 for the HJC says he'll not get 30 goals from 57 games for them.

In Fact I'll even give you 2-1, my 20 your 10.

You should specify a time frame. He might get close to a 1:2 goals ration but to get to 30 he'd have to play about 4 seasons.

Why should he have any feelings for Liverpool?

He hasn't played for us for 5 years and we have turned down chances to sign him.

I think some people clearly need to move on.

Aldridge hasn't played for us for nearly 20 years and he loves teh club.

I'm not bothered he's gone tehre cos he's injury prone and past it.