You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

that wanting to sign for us and us leaving no option but to sign for them is bollocks, if i ring the ticked office at Anfield and cant get tickets, i dont fuck off to Old Trafford because i can get in there

but also he has majorly fucked up by trying to get Bascombe to make it look that way as it is disrepectful to our incestuous friends from Manchester which is a good thing but also shows what a self centered cunt he is

nowt to worry about though, he hasnt had a good season for 7 years now, hope he takes their penalties now lady boy has left, why the fuck was he allowed to take ours?!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the CCTV cameras in and around Lime Street station to keep me occupied.

Some of the sites coming through the barriers are, well, pretty fucking good actually.

We have 2 CCTV cameras and any idiot criminals can get in to steal th e tape then destroy the machine.

I'm seriously hoping someone tries to break in one day so I can go all Jack Bauer on their ass.

Thanks, man. But I've got far too many people in orange overalls to mess about with for me to be fending off a terrorist invasion also.

I can sort it so that you get to really attack one of the station staff if you want?

Or, if you come round to by the taxi rank at about two, there's all kinds standing outside trying to get into an obviously closed station in the feeble hope a train might somehow turn up.

Idiots.

Bascombe might have a leg to stand on with his bullshit had Owen not when interviewed by Sky said as soon as Fergie phoned he said yes.

We are supposed to believe that while he was waiting for his medical his agent was pleading with Liverpool?

I lose more and more respect for CB by the article and I was never one who gave a shit that he writes for the NOTW.

I thought he was beginning to like me then all of a sudden he says I am a cunt and GO KILL YOURSELF....Sob. My day is ruined now.

There was defo some repressed homoeroticism within the rep he gave me.

I think he wants to watch me masturbate myself with my mouth.

You first, JK. You mad bastard. Just cos Jamiroqui have split up doesn't mean you have to keep prettying up my userCP. There are other things you can do, you massive hat wearing midget.

Anger has now turned to hurt. I once worshipped the bastard and now he's playing for the scummiest club in the history of football. I wish we could erase him from our history, even if it costs us the 2001 treble, including the FA Cup win over Arsenal!

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Anger has now turned to hurt. I once worshipped the bastard and now he's playing for the scummiest club in the history of football. I wish we could erase him from our history, even if it costs us the 2001 treble, including the FA Cup win over Arsenal!

Now that's just silly

No I don't know best and I have never claimed to either. As I said to George earlier I just HATE the revisionism and belitltling of his achievements on here just because he has signed for Manchester United.

People need to relax, put on their FA Cup Final 2001 dvd and have a couple of beers and remember that day was up there with one of our best ever especially for younger Liverpool fans. All because of one mans genius in snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

1-0 Down, 2-1 Up MICHAEL OWEN won the Cup......

People aren't belittling his acheivements, he was class for us, since then things have gone downhill somewhat MWAH! The fact is he has just signed for United. Do you not understand the gravy of the situation?

People would have been happier had he signed for Everton and meant more to them than sit on United's bench tickling Gary Neville's ear and asking Marchedda for a chewy.

People aren't belittling his acheivements, he was class for us, since then things have gone downhill somewhat MWAH! The fact is he has just signed for United. Do you not understand the gravy of the situation?

People would have been happier had he signed for Everton and meant more to them than sit on United's bench tickling Gary Neville's ear and asking Marchedda for a chewy.

He was massively overrated towards the end of his time with us but his first few seasons it was like he was from another planet.

Like I said, chill out, put the Treble dvd on have a few lagers and get that warm tizzy feeling and butterflies when he races through in the last minute then all will be okay. For now at least anyway.

Luckily I have no more until the morning now.

I did have a fucking steam engine in tonight and the amount of people who have neither a life nor a room outside of their parent's house who came to photograph/video it was staggering.

Virgins.

A steam engine? Thatcher privatization comes full circle.

All that's needed now are some cowboys, Indians (Columbus ones, not sub-Asian ones) and a tumbleweed.

"High Noon at Lime Street"

starring:

Michael Owen as a Judas cowboy

Toxteth Terror as the Rodeo Clown

Juan Galonso as the loyal Doc Holliday

Dave Usher as Tonto (think long hair and he looks a little Apache)

Ted as 'deputy sherrif in the watchtower who gets shot first'

Which is what is getting my back up more than anything. The revisionism of Owens career here because he has signed for our biggest rivals. If I am not mistaken he scored 20 plus goals for us every season but one (maybe two) in his seven full seasons in the first team.

Its not revisionism. Some of us have been saying this stuff for years, especially when he was at LFC. I understand that you were besotted by him at that time which is your privilege. But most LFC supporters were not sucked in by his single-minded self-promotion when he played for us. Many us believed the team and the club would do better by getting rid of him much earlier than when he decided to leave - and we were right.

Stop describing past victories as his personal achievement. He was coddled by the management. Even with all his advantages his best scoring result in the league was 19 goals including several penalties and that was only once.

Thank God that Rafa's arrival scared the shit out of him.

Its not revisionism. Some of us have been saying this stuff for years, especially when he was at LFC. I understand that you were besotted by him at that time which is your privilege. But most LFC supporters were not sucked in by his single-minded self-promotion when he played for us. Many us believed the team and the club would do better by getting rid of him much earlier than when he decided to leave - and we were right.

Stop describing past victories as his personal achievement. He was coddled by the management. Even with all his advantages his best scoring result in the league was 19 goals including several penalties and that was only once.

Who's this us?

Anyone else wanna come forward and say that they wanted basically our ONLY goalscorer during the dark days of Houllier to fuck off?

Who's this us?

Anyone else wanna come forward and say that they wanted basically our ONLY goalscorer during the dark days of Houllier to fuck off?

I don't think anyone wanted him to go, but the point is in hindsight he was overrated and going downhill.

He COULD regain his form at United but the odds in my mind are against him and I reckon one more serious injury and it's good night Irene.

Maybe we should start a fund to hire Lee Cattermole/Lucas Neill/Michael Brown...

His advantages playing in the most route one Liverpool team ever you mean. Riiighhht. He did well getting the goals he did in some of Houlliers rigid teams and even then he must have been casting envious glances to United and Arsenal seeing the chances Ruud and Thierry were getting week in week out while he made quite a lot of his goals for himself. Look at the West Ham game in the start of 01-02 Season. That second goal was vintage Owen.

Over 150 goals and is it 5th ot 6th in the All time Goalscorers list and people still won't have it that he was an underappreciated class act for us.

His advantages playing in the most route one Liverpool team ever you mean. Riiighhht. He did well getting the goals he did in some of Houlliers rigid teams and even then he must have been casting envious glances to United and Arsenal seeing the chances Ruud and Thierry were getting week in week out while he made quite a lot of his goals for himself. Look at the West Ham game in the start of 01-02 Season. That second goal was vintage Owen.

Over 150 goals and is it 5th ot 6th in the All time Goalscorers list and people still won't have it that he was an underappreciated class act for us.

Route 1 because he was not versatile enough or technically capable of any other style over a season.

He had a team based around him at a time when we were playing as many games as ever.

Yes I think he was over rated, the last two seasons of Houllier is the only time I have been to every game and I think Heskey put in more effort than him. The amount of times I saw him being all "Oh, its the managers" fault every time he didn't get a fucking ball made me sick.

Torres has had his name sung more than Owen ever will...that is all that matters. People always tried to get Owen chants going because, we did owe to him, and no matter what people say there were plenty of songs about Michael Owen.

I wish we had when he was worth like £40m after the Argie goal. If I'd have known or suspected at that time he was a self serving brat I would have been in favour of it.

Cast your mind back to when John and his ilk were besotted with Owen when they were airily tossing around the sum of at least 50 million pounds as his putative value in the transfer market. Then look at their revisionism now in dismissing his tactics then in engineering himself a move to Real Madrid for 8 million (and a 1 million midfielder).