You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

There's a lot of hurt in that post.. they'll be a lot of people feeling the same.

Nando is far better looking than Michael though. Owen's a shit putter too

I love Nando to death but I hated the comparisons between him and Owen because I felt like it was from two different times.

Now I welcome it because I could never EVER imagine Torres doing something like that. He wasn't even born here and has only been here a mere 2 years but he laughed off... LAUGHED off any suggestions linking him to United.

There is a lot of hurt in that post. I stuck up for him through a lot of things, refusing to believe the stuff I heard but this is taking the piss.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone I know said they think it's a brilliant deal for United and that he'll score at least 15 goals and probably make their dreaded prediction of him grabbing a winner against us at Anfield come true.

I replied saying I think he was massively overestimating him.

Then got told by someone that I was underestimating him and that 'whenever that's happened in his career, he's proved his doubters wrong'. Incensed at being called an Owen doubter this is what I've said to him and it's ALL I have to say on the matter....

No you're over estimating him. I haven't seen him do fuck all in the last 5 years to prove any doubters wrong. And why the hell is everyone suddenly underestimating our team? Memories of spoons if you can't recollect that we've got one of the best defences in the league that they couldn't beat last year even with ladyboy in the squad. Underestimating that we have the best striker in the league who could twat any record Owen goes for. Underestimating that he may be his mate but Carra and even Skrtel or Agger would gladly twat him when he comes in front of us.

And as for you putting down thekid (another member who said he burned his Owen shirt and this guy called him 'pathetic'), it's his choice what he chooses to do. A lot of people have stuck up for Owen over the last 5 years against people calling him Judas and only going for number one but we've all been proved wrong. It's bad enough seeing him in that scum top making you feel like your insides have been ripped out never mind having him hear that he always wanted whiskey nose to come in for him.

Fuck all the rumours about him supposedly pestering Carra and Stevie to get Rafa to make a bid. Fuck him not accepting coming to us because Newcastle were still paying the wages he wanted. Now he's OK taking the paycut, he's OK going off to a rival club when even someone like Tevez knows that's not on.

Fuck him and anyone else who thinks I'm fickle. I've stood up for that man through everything. I cried real tears when he got hurt in 2006. He's the reason I support this club. He's the reason I started watching football. But fuck him.

My club comes first.

I cant rep you TSO, but thats a top notch post.

Right now, im finding it quite difficult to put into words how I feel. Obviously pictures are easy.

IMO 2001 set us back on the path to where we are right now. It rekindled the hope and aspirations that as supporters of LFC we should EXPECT to win trophies. A season is not about hoping to qualify for the CL, its about hoping to, wanting to, and needing to win the league. I was born in '78, so was alive during our 80's dominance and can vaguely recollect what it is like for us to dominate. I didnt forget this in the 90's but was totally disillusioned how a squad a talented as it was could not win the league. In 2001 Owen helped us back to where we belong, collecting trophies in May.

So, what do you do as a Liverpool fan? Do you try to forget what he did for us?

Amazing that anyone on here would defend him.

I'm trying to imagine Rush going to United from Juventus. Or Souness from Sampdoria.

And those guys didn't even come through our youth system.

I've read comments from Rushie where he said he would have seriously considered the move. Gobsmacked I was, but no wonder he's been defending that other little cunt in the media over the last 2 days.

Apparently, when Sam Allerdyce took over at Newcastle, Sam was wondering where Micheal was during his first morning at the club, so he rung him up only to be told that Micheal would be training from home that day. He had to turn down the helicopter that he had sent for him and everything. This was all heard from the horses mouth aswell, because Sam Allerdyce was out in the local restaraunt to us. To me it just shows up what Owen is like as a person, instant disrespect for his new manager. He is a little cunt on the sly.

Michael Owen is going to try his best to deny us a 19th so that he can get in the England team.

The fact that he is an overrated, wizened and emotionally stunted has-been who has never been in a championship winning team in his life is not the point. Its his intention that counts.

I love Nando to death but I hated the comparisons between him and Owen because I felt like it was from two different times.

Now I welcome it because I could never EVER imagine Torres doing something like that. He wasn't even born here and has only been here a mere 2 years but he laughed off... LAUGHED off any suggestions linking him to United.

There is a lot of hurt in that post. I stuck up for him through a lot of things, refusing to believe the stuff I heard but this is taking the piss.

Nando has embraced himself more in Liverpool and its history than Owen ever did.

Owen is very single minded as a footballer and as a person. He's ultra compeitive in everything he does. I said to my brother only 3 weeks ago that he'll go to the 'best' team that offers him a deal reagrdless of who it is.

If i wanted to be a utter cunt i'd post his mobile number (6)

i agree with the comments about being hurt. on the one hand owen gave us some special memories, mostly the arsenal fa cup win, so when i saw the photo of him with the scarf i seriously wanted to vomit.

on the other hand, fuck him. he was never committed to us, so why should we feel anything towards him.

he's just another footballer who played for our club and brought us many good memories, but in the end he was just another mercenary who looked out for himself regardless of anything else.

i don't wish him harm or hope he burns in hell or anything, but apathy now is the right word. i agree with rushie in that i wished it was to sign with us, but that was purely for nostalgia's sake, but he'll be a decent player for them. that said, if he's their marquee signing, i'm feeling a whole lot better about our chances considering they have a 100 million pound kitty to play with.

I have too many fond memories of Michael to turn round and say I hate him for this. He was never appreciated here so why should he give a fuck now what we think and after the first return with Newcastle then he owes us jack shit really? I think Owen loves the club but not in the way Carra and Stevie love the club. Michael is a professional in every sense of the word and very single minded. I don't and will probably never have any beef with him although I dread the day he first celebrates in front of the Stretty. My resolve may really be tested then somewhat.

I can't exactly wish him luck as that will mean he will be scoring goals regularly which will make things harder for us but I don't wish any ill on him there either.

I am disappointed we didn't go in for him as give me him on the bench over the Pony tail and N'Gog any day of the week.

Apparently, when Sam Allerdyce took over at Newcastle, Sam was wondering where Micheal was during his first morning at the club, so he rung him up only to be told that Micheal would be training from home that day. He had to turn down the helicopter that he had sent for him and everything. This was all heard from the horses mouth aswell, because Sam Allerdyce was out in the local restaraunt to us. To me it just shows up what Owen is like as a person, instant disrespect for his new manager. He is a little cunt on the sly.

Allerdyce is a cock so no surprise still owen is judus