You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
because it is the ultimate disrespect to Liverpool playing for them cunts!

also everyone goes on about this world class service, who the fuck from

Rooney-blows hot and cold mainly cold but no-one takes notice

Anderson-couldnt pass of shoot if his life depended on it

Park-only in team cos he runs lot

Fletcher-see Park

Carrick-pointless fancy long balls

Giggs-past it

Scholes-past it

Nani-shite

Valencia-all pace

Yup, United really are shite aren't they

"sigh"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh fowler9, you do know Robbie Fowler left Liverpool aswell?

Fowler was sold, against his wishes, it is totally different in all fairness.

Saying that it is a daft song, indifference is the best form of insult in this instance.

I can remember seeing Gary Speed outside Goodison and I walked up to him and asked him if he knew were the Aldi was, and patted him on the back as if he was just some bloke.

I don't see why everyone is getting so worked up, this is obviously the best offer on the table to him.

Is he really supposed to turn down United to sign for Hull, Stoke or Everton?

He's an irrelavance and he won't score more than 1 in 2.5 for them

And to be fair, i'd rather them signed a washed up Michael Owen as opposed to someone with real class.

Theres a good chance their going to sign both though isnt there.

Well, one of the primary reasons we as a club appeared on the radar of Mr Gillett was down to his friendship with Owen.

Gillett, at the time, owned the clinic in Colorado that Dr Richard Steadman worked out of, they were introduced and kept in touch and remained friendly.

So much so that Gillett has tried to force Rafa into signing him on two or three occasions over the past few seasons, and if the stories are to be believed, had alot to do with Foster upping sticks back to the US after being challenged on rumours they were speaking to Owen without the managers knowledge.

his transfer proved he was inbred Owen Owen

what a fucking dickhead Owen Owen

he left heaven for sunny spain

became a failure couldnt get a game

Michael Owen what a fucking cunt

You're giving my town a bad name.

Actually, that's the right way of putting it.

You're not helping my town seem less like a mong colony.

his transfer proved he was inbred Owen Owen

what a fucking dickhead Owen Owen

he left heaven for sunny spain

became a failure couldnt get a game

Michael Owen what a fucking cunt

His hamstrings mean he has no pace! Owen! Owen!

He wants to play for Bacon Face! Owen! Owen!

He left the Reds for sunny Spain

And barely even got a game

Michael Owen, he's got a massive head.

Theres a good chance their going to sign both though isnt there.

Possibly, but I can't see Owen, who's primary focus in life, apart from Horses and money, is his treasured England spot, which he won't get back unless he playing regularly.

So unless United change thier system and suddenly play two out and out strikers, I can't see why they'd go for Owen, and I can't see Owen going there without knowing that he's going to get a decent run of games.

Add to that the fact that most of United's top targets have already gone elsewhere

Well, one of the primary reasons we as a club appeared on the radar of Mr Gillett was down to his friendship with Owen.

Gillett, at the time, owned the clinic in Colorado that Dr Richard Steadman worked out of, they were introduced and kept in touch and remained friendly.

So much so that Gillett has tried to force Rafa into signing him on two or three occasions over the past few seasons, and if the stories are to be believed, had alot to do with Foster upping sticks back to the US after being challenged on rumours they were speaking to Owen without the managers knowledge.

So another reason for people to hate Owen then? :whistle:

Unless we sign David Villa, its a disgrace if we let Owen slip through our fingers for him to end up with the mancs.

As I have shown earlier, after the injury he got in the World Cup which sidelined him for a year he has played around 30 PL games each season, not many players will get more PL games than that for us anyway so to his his injuries as something to beat him with just dont add up.

Maybe when Owen dicked on us Rafa saw him for the person he really was, and didn't Rafa try to get him back from Madrid, but Owen dicked on him/us again, and ended up at the barcodes?

Rafa ain't the type of manager who'd forgets things like that.

Can you blame him?

I can't.

He and the scum are welcome to each other.

I for one will not lose a jot of sleep.

I don't see why everyone is getting so worked up, this is obviously the best offer on the table to him.

Is he really supposed to turn down United to sign for Hull, Stoke or Everton?

He's an irrelavance and he won't score more than 1 in 2.5 for them

And to be fair, i'd rather them signed a washed up Michael Owen as opposed to someone with real class.

This is all 100% correct, but logic very rarely comes into a football fan's affections.

All I know is, I never had a real problem with tha lad until this - now I think he's a turd.

Owen, you broke my heart.

default_ce_schapiro_godfather_print_b_shadow_0809081201_id_170415.jpg

Possibly, but I can't see Owen, who's primary focus in life, apart from Horses and money, is his treasured England spot, which he won't get back unless he playing regularly.

So unless United change thier system and suddenly play two out and out strikers, I can't see why they'd go for Owen, and I can't see Owen going there without knowing that he's going to get a decent run of games.

Add to that the fact that most of United's top targets have already gone elsewhere

Isn't that what Rafa has said?

i.e. the difference was the Fowler was happy as a bit part player whereas Owen would want to play. I would have signed him but only because he was free, but for him to play for them!

As somone else has said, he has never 'got' us, and he has merely confirmed most peoples suspicions about him.

One of my mates is a big Mancs fan, he's digusted by this, he said he went white in the face when he heard the news.

Personally i'm not arsed by this, i watched him last year and he was really poor, saw him miss easy chances by completey fluffing them, his pace off the mark is gone, you never see him get away from defenders like he used to. He still has that knack of being clever and being in the right place but some of those misses last season were eyeopening and i'm convinced Baconface was on the whiskey when he read his brouchure

"Carragher is not an independent or authoritative source of information. He is a hanger-on to the Owen camp. He benefited from crumbs from Owen's commercial deals. He uncritically repeats Owen's PR. His book was written by Bascombe who's information about the club's inner workings are highly suspect."

Or you could say, if you weren't a total snide bellend, that Jamie Carragher and Michael Owen are very, very good friends.

What do you know about it? You know neither of them and at the operative time you were no more than "a former season ticket holder" - allegedly.

i havent seen this on any of the pages i have looked at, and its in work safe tags because its fucking hideous.

Anyway, this is on the sky sports site now...

As much as i shouldnt give a damn about where he goes now, i used to really like the little fella, so this makes me feel utterly sick...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

MichaelOwen-ManUtdkit-_2324976.jpg

I would love to see reason whilst setting emotion aside here for a minute.

For all intents and purposes I would think that Owen is a goal poacher. He always knew where the goal is and always had great vision. These things cannot be unlearned no matter how unfit you are.

His biggest asset is not his brain or his technique, it WAS his blistering pace. Since losing that he has not improved other areas of his games. Which means two things in my opinion:

1) He will only score goals inside the box

2) Hail the second Ole Gunnar Solskjaer....

I am not looking at him as a first team starter but someone who can contribute goals every now and again.

As far as other areas of his game......he cant defend, cant track back, cant close down, cant pass defenders, was never able to dribble, cant link up play except mabe for the odd pass here and there, is not a natural leader, and cannot time runs.

United are desperate to sign someone. If Owen is their answer, thats fine by me.

He will score goals, but he is not their second coming, even when fully fit.

People seem to be forgetting that he was never a Liverpool fan, He was a blue turned red like Carra except Carra became a Liverpool fan. I dont think Owen ever did he was like Macca. I hope he doesnt get his career back on track but I like to still have the same memories of the goals he scored and the trophies he won.

This is all 100% correct, but logic very rarely comes into a football fan's affections.

All I know is, I never had a real problem with tha lad until this - now I think he's a turd.

Owen, you broke my heart.

default_ce_schapiro_godfather_print_b_shadow_0809081201_id_170415.jpg

See that picture, I was thinking of that exact scene in my head when I was writing my post earlier

Michael "Fredo" Owen

Even if fit & scoring goals he weakens a top class team because everything must depend on him.

He can take a poor side which is well organised defensively a certain way but no more.

See us under GH, Eng under Sven or Wright at Arse.

He is now not even fit

This is a horrendous signing for the Mancs, "Keane-esque" in Lfc terms & so has made me extremely happy.

Please don't fail the medical.

Even if fit & scoring goals he weakens a top class team because everything must depend on him.

He can take a poor side which is well organised defensively a certain way but no more.

He is now not even fit

This is a horrendous signing for the Mancs, "Keane-esque" in Lfc terms & so has made me extremely happy.

you think them signing Keane was good for us?

good point on it all revolvng round him tho

He is now not even fit

But he doesnt weaken them in all areas.

A ball in his feet, in a crowed area and he will find the net.