You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

This isn't confirmed yet and Owen has to pass a medical first, presumably.

If he passes the medical and goes there then I really believe it'll be down to Ferguson just trying to get one over on us, the fans of LFC, as Rafa won't give a toss about Owen going there.

United can't be that strapped for cash that they could only afford the likes of him surely?

I was one who would've liked to have seen a fit Owen back at Anfield, and he'll still score goals wherever he goes, if and when he plays, but should he sign for Ferguson and turn up at Anfield then he should be met with silence.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he passes the medical and goes there then I really believe it'll be down to Ferguson just trying to get one over on us, the fans of LFC,

Ferguson will pay Owen maybe up to £100k a week just to get one over Liverpool fans?

Righto.

I can't blame him though.

One last pay day and the chance to play at the top level before his body completely gives up. If United were the only ones in for him out of the top 4 then he had no choice.

Exactly.

Owen looks after Owen and I, for one, cannot begrudge him that.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

If he passes the medical and goes there then I really believe it'll be down to Ferguson just trying to get one over on us, the fans of LFC, as Rafa won't give a toss about Owen going there.

United can't be that strapped for cash that they could only afford the likes of him surely?

I was one who would've liked to have seen a fit Owen back at Anfield, and he'll still score goals wherever he goes, if and when he plays, but should he sign for Ferguson and turn up at Anfield then he should be met with silence.

I hope he is met with bricks, fuckin scum bag if he goes to them.

One last pay day and the chance to play at the top level before his body completely gives up. If United were the only ones in for him out of the top 4 then he had no choice.

You can have one last pay day without signing for United or a top four club.

Just watching SSN and there seems to be a shift in their assessment of Michael Owen. He was described as "world class" in the latest report and "firing at the moment". Old Shitty Arse was lauded for his knowledge of the player and if "anyone can get the best out Owen" then Sir Skidmark can. A few weeks back they were writing Owen off and gleefully mocking his brochure. Now that he seems to be signing for Doctor Mancenstein he has been rebuilt and remodelled. He is a superstar again! Can't wait to see The Mirror.

And Fergushon still has "eighty million pounds in his transfer kitty"! Ok, yeh.

Why should he sign for a smaller club?

I won't get into a debate with you because it will just involve you trying to ram home your points without considering the other viewpoint but it's clear that we have different conceptions of what loyalty means. I'll leave it there.

I won't get into a debate with you because it will just involve you trying to ram home your points without considering the other viewpoint but it's clear that we have different conceptions of what loyalty means. I'll leave it there.

It would be interesting to know why you think he should join a smaller club?

Owen doesn't owe us anything in my view.

He hasn't played for us for 5 years. We've moved on; so as he. And so should the Liverpool fans who still think he owes us something.

Just watching SSN and there seems to be a shift in their assessment of Michael Owen. He was described as "world class" in the latest report and "firing at the moment". Old Shitty Arse was lauded for his knowledge of the player and if "anyone can get the best out Owen" then Sir Skidmark can. A few weeks back they were writing Owen off and gleefully mocking his brochure. Now that he seems to be signing for Doctor Mancenstein he has been rebuilt and remodelled. He is a superstar again! Can't wait to see The Mirror.

And Fergushon still has "eighty million pounds in his transfer kitty"! Ok, yeh.

I know they even described him as a clever businessman, the change in coverage is astonishing.

As for Owen I'm not surprised in the slightest he wouldn't have a batted an eyelid about joining the mancs. I tell you what, should things go wrong and I hope they do those mancs will turn on him big time.

You can have one last pay day without signing for United or a top four club.

Why give up the chance to play Champions League? He's desperate to play and score in big matches, that's Michael Owen.