You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

Maybe in another life.

Eh??

Because it's really classy to lie and run down your contract at the club who brought you through their ranks and get your dream move to win trophies elsewhere isn't it?

I've never applauded Heskey, if we're getting into sweeping generalisation guilt trips again.

Ah yes, the 'superfan' of the Premiership Era. Thanks Rupert.

The bits in bold explain - using your own words - why he left.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That worked out well didn't it, Mikey.

How is that relevant? He left because he wanted to be more successful and it would seem he didn't see that success at Liverpool. Which was a reasonable opinion to hold at that time because we had been shite for the two preceeding seasons. He wanted to fulfil his ambitions. Fair enough unless you're a superfan because then he's a cunt.

it's a weird one because according to a lot of Mancs I know they feel bitterly dissapointed they are signing him, especially after Ginsoak said a couple of months ago they are not looking at signing anyone over 26. They see him as a waste of time. For me MO is a man without a "country", he was never truly loved by us, because he stated early in his career he was all about England. He went to Madrid thinking we were fucked, played well but was treated like a commodity and then he went off to be scapegoat for a club that never really hit its potential and when the inevitabvle fall from grace came he was blamed despite his scoring ratio being good. Now he is about to complete the circle by going to THEM, he cant win if he's a failure it will finish him, if sucessful he will be hated by the majority of club fans, especially us. I just see him becoming a crap TV pundit in the end.

it's a weird one because according to a lot of Mancs I know they feel bitterly dissapointed they are signing him, especially after Ginsoak said a couple of months ago they are not looking at signing anyone over 26. They see him as a waste of time. For me MO is a man without a "country", he was never truly loved by us, because he stated early in his career he was all about England. He went to Madrid thinking we were fucked, played well but was treated like a commodity and then he went off to be scapegoat for a club that never really hit its potential and when the inevitabvle fall from grace came he was blamed despite his scoring ratio being good. Now he is about to complete the circle by going to THEM, he cant win if he's a failure it will finish him, if sucessful he will be hated by the majority of club fans, especially us. I just see him becoming a crap TV pundit in the end.

Surely he'll do a Mick Channon and enter the gee gee game full time?

If Owen signs for united i certainly will not be frightened.

Even if he goes on an injury free run and scores some goals i dont think he would ever reach his past highs. Also, he is not going to produce something out of nothing to win united a game, which is what the transexual used to to do.

Fergie can get something out of him, but i am not expecting more than 10 goals a season.

On the case if he would join, i think he would bite fergie's hand for any contract he is offered, he will be thinking a striking partnership with ronney and a place in the england team.

Another point i would like to make is that his style has changed , in my own opinion he plays in a similar way to rooney now, just off the centreforward.

I wont be holding grudges if he joined the scum, its his career. and im not afraid of anybody, even real madrid:P

Ye fair enough but if he joins United it is understandable if fans have some hate towards him.

If it happens-

Fair enough, he has the right to do what is best for him and his career.

BUT

Liverpool fans then also have the right to feel betrayed (yet again) and call the little Judas c**t all the names under the sun. I don't care if spends all his time injured, he should know better than to join them, and if he does he'll deserve everything he gets.

If it happens, of course.

It's relevant because he's a sneaky little shit who left us in the lurch to win trophies and hasn't won anything since, while we've won the CL, FA Cup and gone onto bigger and better things. Haha.

Save your tedious superfan taunts. He would have had my blessing to leave had he been upfront about it, and that goes for any player. It's not why he left but how he did it.

Will all the 'hate Rafa-ites' ( is that a word?) be l on Mikey's side? Just stay tuned.

Personally, I loved Owen and thought our fans never appreciated him coz he ate into Robbie's time on the pitch. But if he goes to the Mancs he can fuck off completely. He's then just a cunt regardless. FFS they wouldn't even sell us Heinze.

If it's all bololocks then I think he's ok. a waste but ok.

It's relevant because he's a sneaky little shit who left us in the lurch to win trophies and hasn't won anything since, while we've won the CL, FA Cup and gone onto bigger and better things. Haha.

Save your tedious superfan taunts. He would have had my blessing to leave had he been upfront about it, and that goes for any player. It's not why he left but how he did it.

I agrre. The way he let his contract run down and forcing us to sell for 8m +peanuts(well nunez) was a disgrace. that for me proved he would anything to get out, like he was obsessed or something. I can picture him ignoring rafa while rafa is persuading him to stay and try build again.

Owen is a classic story of how wanting fame and greatness can do to you.

Gerrard nearly did the same, but he know better.

As i said before, iwould not grudge him movingto scum united, but i will never want him back, it will take alot to change this.

Spot on mate.

Keep reading...

Oh aye, that'll teach me not to read the whole thread first...

I do still think Larsson was knackered when they brought him in though. He might have scored a couple of goals for them, but really, he was just a name on a back of a shirt.

Honest question, did you see much of Owen last year? It was STAGGERING how bad he was, and not (whatever Lee Dixon might say...) in the sense of "oh, he just needs a run of games."

If he was a horse there's only one place he'd be going, and it's not Manchester.

I do still think Larsson was knackered when they brought him in though. He might have scored a couple of goals for them, but really, he was just a name on a back of a shirt.

Honest question, did you see much of Owen last year? It was STAGGERING how bad he was, and not (whatever Lee Dixon might say...) in the sense of "oh, he just needs a run of games."

If he was a horse there's only one place he'd be going, and it's not Manchester.

ponyDM1909_468x381.jpg

If he goes there I want him erased from our history.

** Reads comment - shakes head slowly from side to side - rolls eyes **

Oooookaayyyyy....

I watched some of his games but I really can't see how anyone thought he was that bad. Those around him were shit and that will have had a major influence on his results (the fruits of his labour), but I really don't think he did badly at all (not including the off-days that all players occasionally get).