You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Conflict in Afghanistan

Section_31

The Dolphin Hotel here has stopped all bookings and moved present bookings to other locations but wouldnt say why in the Echo, just seen a load of refugees outside so there's the reason, all male it seems so i know it won't go down well here but to me it doesnt bode well, once they've settled it'll be a few more gangs into the mix and demands about there culture. 

I wonder what those who liaise with people living on the street think about it or those who have had benefits cut or denied as I'm sure they'll be looked after, this country is getting more depressing each year. 

12 hours ago, easytoslip said:

The Dolphin Hotel here has stopped all bookings and moved present bookings to other locations but wouldnt say why in the Echo, just seen a load of refugees outside so there's the reason, all male it seems so i know it won't go down well here but to me it doesnt bode well, once they've settled it'll be a few more gangs into the mix and demands about there culture. 

I wonder what those who liaise with people living on the street think about it or those who have had benefits cut or denied as I'm sure they'll be looked after, this country is getting more depressing each year. 

Perhaps i was a bit rash concerning refugees as i remember Vietnamese boat people after another misguided intervention but i cant understand how they can house economic migrants but not others on waiting lists, its wrong and the UK is fucked, what a shithole it is now. 

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2021 at 14:25, Gnasher said:

At least the Taliban in Afghanistan are being honest, they are not orchestrating a system of pretence. 

The Taliban has eliminated two elections commissions and a government department dedicated to peace, according to a new report. 

Bilal Karimi, deputy spokesman for Afghanistan’s Taliban-run government, said it had dissolved the war-torn country's Independent Election Commission and Electoral Complaint Commission, The Associated Press reported

The Taliban found the election infrastructure “unnecessary institutes for the current situation in Afghanistan," Karimi said. 

Separately, the Taliban also announced it had done way with the country's Ministry for Peace and Ministry of Parliamentarian Affairs. 

The commissions had been in charge of supervising elections across the country from presidential to provincial council contests. It had previously shut down the Women's Affairs Ministry, AP reported.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The Taliban has eliminated two elections commissions and a government department dedicated to peace, according to a new report. 

Bilal Karimi, deputy spokesman for Afghanistan’s Taliban-run government, said it had dissolved the war-torn country's Independent Election Commission and Electoral Complaint Commission, The Associated Press reported

The Taliban found the election infrastructure “unnecessary institutes for the current situation in Afghanistan," Karimi said. 

Separately, the Taliban also announced it had done way with the country's Ministry for Peace and Ministry of Parliamentarian Affairs. 

The commissions had been in charge of supervising elections across the country from presidential to provincial council contests. It had previously shut draown the Women's Affairs Ministry, AP reported.

Strange post to dig out but 

as I said ' no pretence '

• 2 months later...
On 22/11/2021 at 23:40, easytoslip said:

There is a hotel near ours,The Daresbury,which has now become a fully refugee shelter and has no guests. My guess is that the owners of these hotels are getting a shitload of cash for sheltering these refugees and have probably laid off most,or all of the staff who work there. Only a guess though.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There is a hotel near ours,The Daresbury,which has now become a fully refugee shelter and has no guests. My guess is that the owners of these hotels are getting a shitload of cash for sheltering these refugees and have probably laid off most,or all of the staff who work there. Only a guess though.

I believe the Government commandeered a few Mercure hotels for that purpose, it must be more profitable than running a hotel and employing staff. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/03/2022 at 08:33, VladimirIlyich said:

I wondered what was going on there, it closed as a hotel a while ago I think but driving past recently I was seeing lights on...

On 19/04/2022 at 11:19, redinblack said:

I wondered what was going on there, it closed as a hotel a while ago I think but driving past recently I was seeing lights on...

Yeah,it seems to consist of refugees who have made Preston Brook,a pretentious village on Runcorn and Warrington's outskirts,their local hub. The stories about them 'wrecking their own accomodation' and anti social behaviour have been in full flow,I've heard from one local idiot.

23 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,it seems to consist of refugees who have made Preston Brook,a pretentious village on Runcorn and Warrington's outskirts,their local hub. The stories about them 'wrecking their own accomodation' and anti social behaviour have been in full flow,I've heard from one local idiot.

Yes I know that place I lived on Brookvale and Murdishaw for a bit and worked on Whitehouse, I used to have to go to the post office there for my boss to get him a bacon and cheese barm when he was hungover. Which was often. There used to be a  pub there but there's a Co-Op where The Red Lion was now.

11 hours ago, redinblack said:

Yes I know that place I lived on Brookvale and Murdishaw for a bit and worked on Whitehouse, I used to have to go to the post office there for my boss to get him a bacon and cheese barm when he was hungover. Which was often. There used to be a  pub there but there's a Co-Op where The Red Lion was now.

I've had a couple of jobs on the Whitehouse myself. The Co-op you mentioned seems to be a place the refugees use,or another local store close by.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-61361826

Taliban making women wear a veil and only go out in public if necessary. Cunts 

If you break the rules a 3rd time, your male guardian goes to prison for 3 days. My bird would be facetiming the fucking supreme leader from town everytime I leave the toilet seat up. 

As a teenager I'd have been made up if someone wanted to ban me from going to school.

"Oooh I want an education so I can work for the UN or be an optician."

Why don't you get a life, go to Comet in Speke and play on Starwing until the woman turns the lecky off, that's what I did for eight weeks straight in 93. 

Needless to say, I had the last laugh.