You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Conflict in Afghanistan

Section_31

Are we really using the deaths of school children to score internet points?

Fucking hell.

Oh, Malala Yousafzai, Afghan school girl, Nobel winning global activist, famously machine gunned in the fucking head, one of many attacks on schools, especially those teaching females, for having the audacity of wanting an education?

What next rejecting the existence of Elvis unless empirically verified by peer reviewed journal.

You want evidence provided for that, Jesus fucking Christ! 

Shark well and truly jumped.

EDIT: Fuck it, I was going to put it in the ‘slebs you’ve met thread, but I met her a few years back in Oxford on something we were both attending. She’s lovely and I can confirm she exists, didn’t ask to see the bullet wound though, will do next time mind. I’ll dig a picture out if I can find it.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucking hell.

Oh, Malala Yousafzai, Afghan school girl, globally famous activist, famously machine gunned in the fucking head for having the audacity of wanting an education?

What next rejecting the existence of Elvis unless empirically verified by peer reviewed journal.

Yousafzai was not machine gunned, a gunmen did board her bus and shoot her three times though. I simply asked for evidence of the the Taliban machine gunning schoolgirls, which Stronts brought up. 

Has it come to this where I'm seriously considering Googling what type of gun was used to shoot schoolgirls simply to try and head off some of the inevitable further accusations of LIAR and HYPOCRITE and lord only knows what else.

This isn't good for my health, it can't be good for anyone else's.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucking hell.

Oh, Malala Yousafzai, Afghan school girl, Nobel winning global activist, famously machine gunned in the fucking head, one of many attacks on schools, especially those teaching females, for having the audacity of wanting an education?

EDIT: Fuck it, I was going to put it in the ‘slebs you’ve met thread, but I met her a few years back in Oxford on something we were both attending. She’s lovely and I can confirm she exists, didn’t ask to see the bullet wound though, will do next time mind. I’ll dig a picture out if I can find it.

I mean, you've completely missed the point but well done anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Has it come to this where I'm seriously considering Googling what type of gun was used to shoot schoolgirls simply to try and head off some of the inevitable further accusations of LIAR and HYPOCRITE and lord only knows what else.

This isn't good for my health, it can't be good for anyone else's.

Who asked what type of gun? You've literally just done exactly the same on the Starmer thread in asking for evidence. Whats different here? 

I'm sorry Strontz but you constantly leave snarky, provocative comments but all of a sudden you can't take it when it's given back to you? Stop playing the victim 

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

No, I’m fully aware.

You are using one abhorrent argument against another to score internet wins agains your online nemesis and it’s really fucking tiresome all round.

Don't read it then, it's that easy. It really is. 

16 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yousafzai was not machine gunned, a gunmen did board her bus and shoot her three times though. I simply asked for evidence of the the Taliban machine gunning schoolgirls, which Stronts brought up. 

Truth.

They did use acid on schoolgirls and teachers right?

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

No, I’m fully aware.

You are using one abhorrent argument against another to score internet wins agains your online nemesis and it really fucking tiresome.

Well it'd help if Stronts and yourself didn't tell whoppers in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Truth.

They did use acid on schoolgirls and teachers right?

Possibly/Probably. I'm not trying to give the Taliban a character reference, I'm just asking a simple question, are the Taliban machine gunning schoolgirls?

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Possibly/Probably. I'm not trying to give the Taliban a character reference, I'm just asking a simple question, are the Taliban machine gunning schoolgirls?

Well, they have machine guns and they are not real fond of schoolgirls. My spider sense tells me it has probably happened.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Are they?

Well they have in the past, dunno if they are currently.

Taliban?

Yes

Machine guns?

Depends on the definition, machine guns and automatic rifles are different things but are usually thrown into the same category. 

School girls?

Yes, but school boys too. We shouldn't be more outraged over one gender being killed than the other. 

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well, they have machine guns and they are not real fond of schoolgirls. My spider sense tells me it has probably happened.

Tbf saying the Taliban are not the greatest set of lads around is hardly earth shattering is it?

However the argument that this is somehow relevant to why we invaded the country is somewhat flawed, considering the atrocities that happen the world over.

Without getting into whatabouttery as has already been mentioned we are happy to flog weapons to the Saudis, so any type of moral high ground is surely a lost cause.

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Tbf saying the Taliban are not the greatest set of lads around is hardly earth shattering is it?

However the argument that this is somehow relevant to why we invaded the country is somewhat flawed, considering the atrocities that happen the world over.

Without getting into whatabouttery as has already been mentioned we are happy to flog weapons to the Saudis, so any type of moral high ground is surely a lost cause.

Not sure any are making that argument - there is only one reason the US went there and that is Bin Laden.

Over the course of two decades other issues have been amplified - certainly anyone would agree womens rights is one. Now whether "we" should be telling other folks what those should be is a different conversation.

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucking hell.

Gnasher is literally one brain cell away from being a rock and he’s throwing his weight around like a sage of yore, whilst being stubbornly unaware of his own limitations and stupidity. 

Absolute scenes.

The ignore button broke again Spanner you fucking whopper?  You were caught bullshiting only yesterday.