You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Conflict in Afghanistan

Section_31

Quote from Rabb...

'The right of self-defence is ultimately for every country to decide, but we do support exercising it and of course it has got to be targeted in accordance with international law, and the aim of the Americans was to hit a terrorist.

And we know history shows – recent history in particular – that terrorists will try to hide in cover where civilians are at risk. I think the moral responsibility of that lies with the terrorists.'

What are others thoughts as I find this massively insensitive and in effect saying that you poor fuckers are collateral if we deem it worthy?

15 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I know they can’t use the really scary stuff, they’ll just sell that to China or Russia to reverse engineer, but fucking hell that’s a lot of guns, $85b estimate!

871539A0-8672-48A5-AB29-CBEBE2578414.jpeg

It'll be fine , these are all apparently too complicated to use even after 20 years training , so these Taliban yokels have no chance.Be some interesting Car booties in Kabul though.

52 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Quote from Rabb...

'The right of self-defence is ultimately for every country to decide, but we do support exercising it and of course it has got to be targeted in accordance with international law, and the aim of the Americans was to hit a terrorist.

And we know history shows – recent history in particular – that terrorists will try to hide in cover where civilians are at risk. I think the moral responsibility of that lies with the terrorists.'

What are others thoughts as I find this massively insensitive and in effect saying that you poor fuckers are collateral if we deem it worthy?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/asia/south-asia/10-members-of-same-family-killed-in-us-airstrike-targeting-suicide-bombers-near-kabul-airport-relative-b1911212.html%3famp

Looks that way

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

It'll be fine , these are all apparently too complicated to use even after 20 years training , so these Taliban yokels have no chance.Be some interesting Car booties in Kabul though.

I think the point is the US army doesn’t really care about the huge amount of kit they’ve left behind. They will get to replace it all with new stuff and the arms companies will get bumper orders keeping them going for a few years hence creating jobs. The US taxpayer picks up the tab of for the debt of course but everyone else is quite happy to give it all away and start again. It’s Keynesian economics but with guns and helicopters.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Pics of a helicopter flying with what looks like a hanged bloke dangling underneath.  It’s not  clear yet but if it is true I think we can put to bed the ‘new improved Taliban’ idea. 

Seems this wasn’t a hanging. It was a bloke who wanted to place the flag in a town.  It maybe didn’t pan out as he’d hoped.   

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Seems this wasn’t a hanging. It was a bloke who wanted to place the flag in a town.  It maybe didn’t pan out as he’d hoped.   

I saw the video... It certainly looked to me like someone being hung from a helicopter. I've seen Scarface so I should know. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What do you mean? Like he slipped and hanged himself by accident?

No, he was trying to untangle a flag and thought the easiest way to do it was to get a lift in a multimillion dollar helicopter and dangle from the bottom.  I’m not taking the piss by the way.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Takes some kind of stupidity to leave billions of dollars worth of equipment behind even if they poured sand in the fuel tanks \ engines of the vehicles, helis etc never mind night vision goggles and body armour.

Way to go, Joe!

Good for the arms deals, they will all need replacing when they go back in!

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

As are the bullet points on the BBC News graphic. Not painting an accurate picture of what’s been said at all. 

They rarely do when it comes to them cunts. The PMQ's coverage is the same. They miss the bits where the tories lie